What's new

Why didn't India take control of bangladesh?

I am not talking about today, I am talking about the 1971 war when India clearly had the upper hand in terms of military strength.
Militarily speaking, India already had a heavy presence in Bangladesh

Militarily India even powerful enough at that time and even afterwards could not take the risk to jeopridised its sugar-coated doctrine viz a viz East Pakistan liberation they had presented to its people.

The Indian planners were of the belief that BD will behave like Indian colony and hence no need for including it into India.

But lately the people of Bangladesh have drowned this thinking of Indians and today we see the Indians abusing Bangladeshis and killing them at border.

Militarily India even powerful enough at that time and even afterwards could not take the risk to jeopridised its sugar-coated doctrine viz a viz East Pakistan liberation they had presented to its people.

The Indian planners were of the belief that BD will behave like Indian colony and hence no need for including it into India.

But lately the people of Bangladesh have drowned this thinking of Indians and today we see the Indians abusing Bangladeshis and killing them at border.

1971 war made Pakistan extremely weak, three wars in between 1947-1971 but no war between 1971-2013. Even Kargil was one sided towards India.

The inhabitants of Goa are very pro-India. Also, Goa was not a country, but a colony of the Portugese.

You can make excuses until the holy cow comes home but facts are facts.
India launch an invasion on lands that did not politically belong to it.
It invaded a nation that it had no legal right to do so.
Ergo India has been and aggressor state.

Also, looking back now it is clear that Bangladesh separating was actually a good thing for Pakistan.
It has a population that is almost equal to Pakistan's and few resources. So if we had to develop it, massive ammounts of wealth would have had to leave the west and go to the east.
As valuable as Jute is, it's not enough to industrialize Bangladesh.
Furthermore, after 71 India did a service to Pakistan by stopping the inflow of Bengali people into West Pakistan and make them go to India instead.
They unburdened us and took the burden for themselves, which they are clearly more than happy to do ;)

Goa was a colony like Pondicherry, not a country.

Goa was a colony like Pondicherry, not a country.

Was it legal Indian territory?

You are one of the lower IQ Indians on here so I don't expect you understand what that means. You already said yourself you have a hard time understanding English.

So I will say this so you can understand.

If India need to use BOOM BOOM to get land, that means it was not their land in the first place.

Also, looking back now it is clear that Bangladesh separating was actually a good thing for Pakistan.
It has a population that is almost equal to Pakistan's and few resources. So if we had to develop it, massive ammounts of wealth would have had to leave the west and go to the east.
Furthermore, after 71 India did a service to Pakistan by stopping the inflow of Bengali people into West Pakistan and make them go to India instead.
They unburdened us and took the burden for themselves, which they are clearly more than happy to do ;)

Not making excuses. You make excuses if you think you have made a mistake. I am 100% proud of India's actions in Goa. Not everyday a third world Asian country defeats a European colonial power and takes away its colony. I couldnt be mroe proud of India.

The rest of your post is your personal insecurity which I cant help you with, better off seeing a therapist :wave:

I am sure there were people in India at that time that wanted Bangladesh to be a part of India again, after all it was part of India before the partition.

After all west bengal is Indian land.

There are people in every society who are with the different opinion...But that does not mean that entire nation and its policy is driven by some opinion of specific groups....India never intended to occupy BD rather a separate nation BD was thought about suitable to India...Of course I am not sure how relevant was that thought process in this present context, but occupying BD never was a statergic advantage for India at that time....

Pakistan's GDP was clipped by 50% making Pakistan so weak we lived without much tension of war in these 41 years

Not making excuses. You make excuses if you think you have made a mistake. I am 100% proud of India's actions in Goa. Not everyday a third world Asian country defeats a European colonial power and takes away its colony. I couldnt be mroe proud of India.

The rest of your post is your personal insecurity which I cant help you with, better off seeing a therapist :wave:

I am happy you are proud
but to be honest, I don't really care.
One of your countrymen said India has never invaded another country.
Well....yes it did, it invaded Goa.....so just like last time when you guys changed the meaning of number to mean that 109.5 million is smaller than 27 million, now you are changing the meaning of "never invaded"

Hey, i am not the one crying about all the Bengalis in my country, that's you people.
Stop crying like a girl in a Delhi bus and man up and accept all the Bengali in your countries as you were the ones who are so proud of Bangladesh.

Pakistan's GDP was clipped by 50% making Pakistan so weak we lived without much tension of war in these 41 years

Man, all that Jute that Pakistan lost really crippled us
How can we ever make weapons without the jute carpets?
:rofl:

In reality, we realized that we cannot beat a nation that is 4-7x bigger than us so we went for nukes instead.
A perfectly reasonable course of action.

Was it legal Indian territory?

You are one of the lower IQ Indians on here so I don't expect you understand what that means. You already said yourself you have a hard time understanding English.

So I will say this so you can understand.

If India need to use BOOM BOOM to get land, that means it was not their land in the first place.

It seems you love colonial boot licking :cheesy:, never mind. It is an Indian land, not that Portuguese who came from thousands of miles.
By the way even NATO considered Goa as colony, they never attacked India because they never considered Goa liberation of Goa as attack on Portugal's territory.

I am happy you are proud
Well....yes it did, it invaded Goa.....so just like last time when you guys changed the meaning of number to mean that 109.5 million is smaller than 27 million, now you are changing the meaning of "never invaded"

Hey, i am not the one crying about all the Bengalis in my country, that's you people.
Stop crying like a girl in a Delhi bus and man up and accept all the Bengali in your countries as you were the ones who are so proud of Bangladesh.

In reality, we realized that we cannot beat a nation that is 4-7x bigger than us so we went for nukes instead.

Don't be funny 1971 gave you deep scars which compelled you for going nuclear.

It seems you love colonial boot licking :cheesy:, never mind. It is an Indian land, not that Portuguese who came from thousands of miles.
By the way even NATO considered Goa as colony, they never attacked India because they never considered Goa liberation of Goa as attack on Portugal's territory.

Don't be funny 1971 gave you deep scars which compelled you for going nuclear.

Once again moving the goal post.
It doesn't matter if it was martian land
you internet Hindus don't seem to be educated enough to know what "invasion" means.
You invaded Goa full stop.
I don't care if Ganesh himself was born there, it was a Portuguese colony that India used force to acquire.
so to say that India never invaded anyone is a lie and delusion.

Now go back to your class and learn how to properly read and write

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy you are proud

Therapy Canada :: Your source for finding a psychotherapist in Canada

You really seem like you need one, so thought I would help :tup:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom