What's new

Why didn't Bangladeshi merge back into India?

You do realize Bangladesh was considered "the basket case" of the world back then. It was backward and rural with nothing to offer. India also did not want to be seen as some kind of imperial power which grabbed territory. It wanted to be seen as a liberator. The East Pakistanis themselves would probably have agreed to be join India - such was the euphoria and the psyche. Their identity was their language and culture which they shared with Bengalis across the border.

so my question is BDs are bangaladeshi first or bengali? some minister of BD just visted Calcutta sand said 'we are same' I cannot find the news now..
We're Muslims first & foremost.
Whatever the minister spouted was politically motivated stuff.Common Bangladeshis like me feel different.

Why did Bangladeshis not re-incorporate into India? For them, the Pakistani experiment failed.
Many bangladeshis are living as illegal immigrants according to every indian.
If india is better for Bangladeshis, why don't the Bangladeshis join this great Indian union and enjoy its supposed benefits?

This is not intended to insult anyone. It's a genuine question for my Bangladeshi brothers.
As @Mirzah vai & some others here said, two nation theory is still valid.We can clearly see the proof today.

Initially, I think you did want them but Mujib kicked you guys out.
There are some acts of Sheikh Mujib worthy of respect by everyone imo.Here's two:-
1.Among the first things he did on his return to BD, he asked Indira Gandhi to withdraw troops from BD soil ASAP.
2.Despite India being against Bangladesh establishing relations with Pakistan, he went ahead & did it anyway in 1974.

Last edited:
Despite India being against Bangladesh establishing relations with Pakistan, he went ahead & did it anyway in 1974.
it helped both.. Like Pak do not accept isreal or Indian occupation on kashmir. So Pak may not do anything against it physically but this makes issue alive. And then anti-govt forces in that area can benefit from this.

We didn't want more people, we are already 1.3 billion
man.. we can help you.. InshaAllah when we have Kashmir you will have 1.2 billion left.

I have a counter question. Why didn't Bangladesh merge back with Pakistan? Or why hasn't it still done so?

I have a counter question. Why didn't Bangladesh merge back with Pakistan? Or why hasn't it still done so?
The wounds run deep in many people's minds on both sides.Besides, realistically no country will give up it's sovereignty.
Even IF we tried , a country with two regions over 2000 km apart won't work.Not to forget, the country that's separating us is a gigantic hostile country which will work against that at every turn.I'm sure they won't want nukes being pointed at them from three sides & will do anything to sabotage that.

The wounds run deep in many people's minds on both sides.Besides, realistically no country will give up it's sovereignty.
Even IF we tried , a country with two regions over 2000 km apart won't work.Not to forget, the country that's separating us is a gigantic hostile country which will work against that at every turn.I'm sure they won't want nukes being pointed at them from three sides & will do anything to sabotage that.
It is also a case of once bitten twice shy.

Google census 1951 of Pakistan. Nobody is here to spoon-feed your kind.
Dear, when you say something it's your burden to prove. Forum rules..
Kindly for your kind

You people are not very smart at all.

It took me 10 seconds to find this

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/f...emand-citizenship-rights-190702152117141.html

"Before the 2014 elections, the BJP announced a "Ghar Wapasi (Homecoming)" campaign, positioning India as a refuge for persecuted Hindus across the world."

and this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_in_Pakistan

"Hindus comprises 1.85% of Pakistan's population according to the 1998 census.[7][8] However, the Pakistan Hindu Council puts the percentage at around 4% "

and before you you start with "BUHT PAKISTAN HAD 100,000% HINDUS IN 47"

"In the 1951 census, West Pakistan had 1.6% Hindu population"

There are a billion hintuva scum we have to deal with, but thankfully you people are as stupid as can be.
I really don't see any harm giving refuge for persecuted minorities of Pakistan..
Any way few less mouths to feed for you.

The nation, which voluntarily gives away its freedom, deserves to be treated as slaves - Gazi Mustafa Kemal Pasha

upload_2019-10-3_12-24-1.png

A lie which Hindu terrorist peddle to justify their crimes against their Muslims.tell me a single state sponsored riot, mass murdering spree in Pakistan which your shithole have every few year? Hindu regimes, RSS, Shiv Sena of India encourage migration of Hindus to India and yet cry about dwindling numbers of Hindus in Pakistan and BD.

West Pakistan according to census of Pakistan 1951 have 1.6% Hindu Population, its still same, some sources say increased.
But in India muslims can make masjids, pray without fear, don't have problem getting government jobs and don't have problems getting representation in politics. Muslims are working as IAS officers, police officers, in the army, in the administration and there are Muslim member of parliaments, muslims in the Indian cabinet, even there have been 4 Muslim president in India.

Now I want to hear from you what opportunities does minorities of Pakistan have? I want to know about social security, religious freedom, representation in politics, representation in civil service and army etc.

But in India muslims can make masjids, pray without fear, don't have problem getting government jobs and don't have problems getting representation in politics. Muslims are working as IAS officers, police officers, in the army, in the administration and there are Muslim member of parliaments, muslims in the Indian cabinet, even there have been 4 Muslim president in India.

Now I want to hear from you what opportunities does minorities of Pakistan have? I want to know about social security, religious freedom, representation in politics, representation in civil service and army etc.

The Indian Muslims have to fight for those rights on a constant basis

They have to defend their mosques and prayer

They have to fight to defend their diet and cattle

As the poison spreads in India, Indian Muslims will have to fight back even more

Back
Top Bottom