What's new

Why did Sonia Gandhi turn down Indian premiership?

Mr.Ryu

Reaction score
Hello guys i need to know why did SONIA not take up the PM post when she had the chance ?
I ask this because during recent election i went to most rally organized by congress and its allies and in 2 occasion they Insisted SONIA did not want PM post and she sacrificed it so she can better serve.

But i really have a doubt about it as i have heard its not possible for an an foreign citizen to be PM is it true ?
I searched web and found SONIA is Indian citizen only as per wiki

so is it like PM must be an Indian born citizen ?
Also here i found it Article 84 states PM must be "an citizen of India" nothing like must be born in India

SO I ASK WHY DID REALLY SHE TURNED DOWN THE OFFER ?
Did she really less care for post and authority or scared to take up such high post or what ?:undecided: please share your views

Because you have to be born in India to be a PM of India.

However there is no rule to be a leader of a party, which she is of the congress party.

Because you have to be born in India to be a PM of India.

However there is no rule to be a leader of a party, which she is of the congress party.

Is it so is it an unwritten rule of the book or where is the source mate ? saw Article 84 and it mentioned nothing like it

She did turn it down. Unlike in the USA , India does not have any such rule - you don't have to be born in India to be its PM. I think the Indian system in better - a naturalized citizen should enjoy ALL the same rights as a citizen who was born there. I for one would prefer a Mother Teresa - born in Albania to be in govt than an A. Raja born in India.

I think rule says if Italy or any country gives Indian the same chance then you will have same thing applied in India. but I don't think Italy gives that option to naturalized people from India. So Sonia can not be PM of India. I think Subramanian Swamy went to court and asked APJ Kalam to look in the law and kalam found that Sonia cant be PM....thats why Kalam did not get his second term despite being the best option available at that time.

Hardliner Hindus objected to her being leader, as she is Italian by birth

Due to the bias against her as being a one form outside , she could not

If she had there was a possibility of civil war, so in order to avert civil war the lady nominated , Man Mohan Singh

As a diplomatic move

She is not born Indian,so she cannot be and crores of people don't want her to be so she cannot be the PM .......

She is born Italian or something....
We don't wanna get ruled by a cr@ppy Italian or European..do ya....
is that hard to understand???
That's it......Is this a doubt???

Hardliner Hindus objected to her being leader, as she is Italian by birth

Due to the bias against her as being a one form outside , she could not

If she had there was a possibility of civil war, so in order to avert civil war the lady nominated , Man Mohan Singh

As a diplomatic move

And hardline hindus said yes to Manmohan Singh a sikh who was born in present day pakistan.

There was lot of opposition due to her foreign origin, and she did the right move.

And hardline hindus said yes to Manmohan Singh a sikh and pakistani by birth?

There was lot of opposition due to her foreign origin, and she did the right move.

Manmohan singh as his name speaks belongs to one of the religions which originated in this indian sub continent..
And pakistan was altogether different nation before 1947???

Yea dude wats fuss ????we don't want that european **** be the PM,
She is a big scamster....Congress is itself a scamsters

Manmohan singh as his name speaks belongs to one of the religions which originated in this indian sub continent..
And pakistan was altogether different nation before 1947???

Yea dude wats fuss ????we don't want that european **** be the PM,
She is a big scamster....Congress is itself a scamsters

How do you know she is scamster? Same can be said about MMS.
Which party is not tainted by corruption?

She is not born Indian,so she cannot be and crores of people don't want her to be so she cannot be the PM .......

She is born Italian or something....
We don't wanna get ruled by a cr@ppy Italian or European..do ya....
is that hard to understand???
That's it......Is this a doubt???

Your population disagrees. They prefer her to any Indian leader. Else why vote for her?

if she was leading the Congress party and they voted for Congress, then that means they preferred her to the Indian leaders.

if she was leading the Congress party and they voted for Congress, then that means they preferred her to the Indian leaders.

Ours is not a presidential form of governance. People vote for the party or combination(UPA). UPA won, not sonia gandhi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom