What's new

Why did Pakistan choose to expel the Afghan immigrants at this point in time?

IbnAbdullah

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salaam

I understand some of the reasons why the Afghans had to be sent back, the question I want to ask is why was this done now? Given Pakistan's unstable political and economic situation, why was it done now?

It was going to happen sooner or later, Afghanistan now has no war, no invading forces so there is no reason for Afghans to stay in Pakistan, secondly Afghans should go back, use the little skills they learn in Pakistan to help build their own country, there is plenty of empty land and houses in Afghanistan left by ANA and Afghan Govt and its employee's, also also Afghans should also take their extended families such as any girl they marry here in Pakistan with them, of course its not good to leave your Spouse in a different country, I hope the process goes quick and smooth.

If Trump is back next year then so will IK.

They have a window to act because IK would not have allowed this or even if he would have it would not have suited his optics.

@TNT

And to divide people on ethnic lines so that they dont unite on the two issues that are at the topmost of Pakistani minds- 1 freeing IK/putting fauj back to barracks & 2- Palestine issue

Regards

Salaam

I understand some of the reasons why the Afghans had to be sent back, the question I want to ask is why was this done now? Given Pakistan's unstable political and economic situation, why was it done now?

According to official government claims it's because of the rise of terror attacks.

Salaam

Because Pakistani Military is a military on rent. Pakistan is a client state. It needs to offer it's services to an external power to make some $$$$.

Pakistani military is preparing for a war with Afghanistan so it can make some $$$$.

Fact.

Pakistan is a failed banana republic of Faujistan!

The question is, you can drive them out by hook or crook but what's stopping them from coming back in?

The Taliban will give 0 fuqs about this. They know these folks will go back to Pakistan and there are no effective border controls to stop them.

I would have thought suspending Afghan Transit Trade altogether would be a good move, but that'll hurt establishment's revenue stream.

Everyone has just had enough of them

If it was just a issue of poverty or burden, Pakistan would never kick them out

But the combination of ethnocentric jahilat and extremism
Deshatgardi
Continued attacks

It all just reached a tipping point

If the afghanis wanted to remain then they had to behave like good guests and they didn't,

When General Asim is unable to gain anything on the political or economic fronts, and after taking the "panga" with the country's most popular political party, losing the army's respect, and losing his own popularity within and outside the army, he may have felt that throwing Afghans out was more "do-able" and his boys would be able to show the countrymen that they are doing something.

General Asim may gain public approval and army support which may lead to his extension. Aside from that, I don't see any strategic reasons for these steps.

Salaam

They were smelly so we decide they should go to India to enjoy economies of scale

Amreeka bahadur demanded it and some good old xenophobia and bigotry

Typical junta third world tactics.

The Burmese Military Junta plays on these fears of the Rohinga to gain legitimacy among the Burmese population.

Asim Muneer and his band of crooks are deploying the same methods with no foresight for the long-term reprecussions.

Back
Top Bottom