What's new

Why did nobody mention India during Obama-Romney debate?

As mentioned by others it isn't a slight or anything, rather it is a good thing as it means there is no pressing negative viewed by either candidate in US-India relations, because these debates always cover flashpoints.

I was disappointed that the vast majority of the foreign policy discussion was focused on Israel, the Middle East, and Afghanistan/Pakistan. With a meager end question that encompasses the rest. What I wanted to hear most about when it came to foreign policy was how each candidate would conduct their foreign policy in East and South Asia, not the Middle East.

Here were the countries mentioned in the debate - Russia, China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Egypt, Israel, Mali.

And a few allies while comparing defense spending.

None of the US allies were mentioned (UK, France were mentioned while comparing the military spending and thats it). So no big deal. In fact, I was expecting India to be quoted in a negative sense for outsourcing. It did not happen - so it is a good thing.

And a few allies while comparing defense spending.

I mentioned that in my post #11 of this thread.

534735_10151203872259411_1673378436_n.jpg

Why would you want these morons talking about your country anyway? :rofl:

What is there to debate about India?? After all they will only discuss things in which they are involved or were! Its not like Romney: hey obama indias preparing to go to mars we might do somethin.. india this india that .......!

No one discussed India, because they are discussing issues that resonate with voters in swing states. Most of the swing states do not have high populations of Indians, India doesn't have any pressing issues with the US currently, and they are not viewed as a threat, so of course it makes sense that they were not brought up during the debate. Koala bears weren't brought up either, what's the point?

Ḥashshāshīn;3529605 said:
534735_10151203872259411_1673378436_n.jpg

Maybe this time the sea is referred to as the sea of gold or as sea of thing good for iran , sea of way to get out of trouble, :sick:

yea i suck at explaining maybe we should stick to this

No one discussed India, because they are discussing issues that resonate with voters in swing states. Most of the swing states do not have high populations of Indians, India doesn't have any pressing issues with the US currently, and they are not viewed as a threat, so of course it makes sense that they were not brought up during the debate. Koala bears weren't brought up either, what's the point?

What do you guys think, Obama or Romney?

@chinatoday Why would america debate on friendly nation?.... Have u even seen what obama and romney debating about china? They insulting china.... Specially romney who warned china.... They even mentioned pakistan.... Romney said pakistan is ally of america but they not acting like one and we should add tough condition towards Aid to pakistan.... Btw chinatoday am bit dissapointed that you always here bashing india and at times america.... Other chinese are good here but you seems to me the one who works for money (internet army).... You know what i mean.... Sometime i feel u are here to promote china and downgrade india.... Why would obama and romney debate on a friendly nation like india? There are over 200 major nations and in that only handful of nations been brought up and in that mostly were enemy nations.... China, pakistan, iran etc etc.... India not enemy of america. We were enemy since cold war but now america declared india as partner (not ally as we are powerful nation to be ally).... They always calls india a partner. Once they called us natural ally and indian prime minister said india too big to be a ally. Since than america always calls india partner.... My friend you are on PDF to spread negative energy.... You always brings something that makes othe users emit negative energy. People like u are favorite of reptilians, aggressive grays.... When we do bad karma than we go inside earth where the hell is situated.... It seems you dont believe in karma....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom