What's new

Why Dharmic people are the best warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dharmic people are the best warriors in the universe. Their track record of being conquered by Muslims and the British speaks for itself.

I wish I could one day become as brave and independent as a dharmic warrior.

Dharmic people are the best warriors in the universe. Their track record of being conquered by Muslims and the British speaks for itself.

Before the advent of Islam, we have to agree that present day "India" did have some powerful kingdoms , but I think Hindus lost out to the Muslims because they fought the war based on dhramic principles, as laid down in their shastras/ scriptures.

Now no countries in the war follows the "dharmic" convention of war

:lol::lol::lol:

But Dharmic religions can co - exist unlike Abrahamic religions ..... :)

Ancient India consists of Strong empires with big armies ....... One of the reason for downfall is they fought with each other.

Indeed ancient India subcontinent did had some big empires that fought each other. The same can be said about ancient middle East and medieval Europe. Since ancient India, ancient middle east and Europe are all geographical areas.

Indeed ancient India subcontinent did had some big empires that fought each other. The same can be said about ancient middle East and medieval Europe. Since ancient India, ancient middle east and Europe are all geographical areas.

Same can be said about China as well ...... But difference between Europe or desert and India/china is that India and China are from same civilization and stayed united through out the history more often.

Ancient India consists of Strong empires with big armies ....... One of the reason for downfall is they fought with each other.
Same prob with every empire...

There is nothing genetic about warrior features of peoples. All humanity descends from a common family tree in any case, so much of what you've said is completely false by historical and scientific standards.

British had some problems with the Indian sub continent but where eventually able to conquer it.
However Nepal is a different story and they forced us into a stalemate.

There is nothing genetic about warrior features of peoples. All humanity descends from a common family tree in any case, so much of what you've said is completely false by historical and scientific standards.

I think culture has a lot to do with it.

Quite a difference between, my shy and reserved South Indian style with the boisterous nature of Punjabis.

British had some problems with the Indian sub continent but where eventually able to conquer it.

British had no intentions to conquer Nepal , they got from Nepal what they wanted by the Treaty of Sagauli, rest of Nepal was not worth it.

British had no intentions to conquer Nepal , they got from Nepal what they wanted by the Treaty of Sagauli, rest of Nepal was not worth it.
I'm not to great on my knowledge of Nepal but didn't the Gurkhas force us into a stalemate in the Anglo-Nepalese war?

BTW what is Dharmic exactly, I have heard the term before?

Nepal and North-East India gave British a lot to think about.

It stands as a testament to British Discipline on the field that they are able to conduct operations world wide.

In world war 1, even though the British troop numbers were small compared to others, they were experienced.

And there is this understated British toughness. People think culture, tea and biscuits but the bare knuckle brawling proves otherwise :)

I'm not to great on my knowledge of Nepal but didn't the Gurkhas force us into a stalemate in the Anglo-Nepalese war?

Covers Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. That line of thinking.

Nepal and North-East India gave British a lot to think about.

It stands as a testament to British Discipline on the field that they are able to conduct operations world wide.

In world war 1, even though the British troop numbers were small compared to others, they were experienced.

And there is this understated British toughness. People think culture, tea and biscuits but the bare knuckle brawling proves otherwise :)

Covers Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. That line of thinking.
Thanks for your kind words. :)
And does Sikhism come under "Dharmic" or "Dharma" as well since it is a Indian religion?

Nepal ceded some of its territory to the British by the Treaty of Sagauli , though the British could not manage a decisive victory.

Dharmic religions = All Indic religions = Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism and Hinduism

Thanks for your kind words. :)
And does Sikhism come under "Dharmic" or "Dharma" as well since it is a Indian religion?

I don't know. Not sure.I don't want to comment, in risk of causing offence.

A lot of discussion about colonialism descends to both Indian and British both sides wildly exaggerating the benefits and the negatives.

Truth lies somewhere between.

But when I read BBC News and Guardian and I look at the comments section, there seems to be this level of hostility towards India and Indians that I find hard to comprehend.

Since a lot of the legal systems, philosophies I come to admire are British.

It confuses me :/

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom