What's new

Why CPEC is haunting Guardian Newspaper? At least I don't know

i dont know how true the article is. But the issue of Baloch becoming a minority in their own city is worth thinking about. Maybe we should do something similar to Dubai where certain number of locals must be accommodated by anyone setting up a business.

Its unfair to expect that Balochis will be able to compete with the outsiders. We need to think more carefully rather than jumping on the bandwagon of calling every dissident voice as anti-pakistani.

@Syed.Ali.Haider I agree with @salmanACCA you need one of the treatments either shock therapy or the one where sun dosen't shine :lol:, so you can some to your senses and stop be a smarty pants

Last edited:
Hi,

But none of those nation were invaded, destroyed, looted and ruined under the false pretext of WMD, right

Please read Chinese history of invasions in that area first.

i dont know how true the article is. But the issue of Baloch becoming a minority in their own city is worth thinking about. Maybe we should do something similar to Dubai where certain number of locals must be accommodated by anyone setting up a business.

Its unfair to expect that Balochis will be able to compete with the outsiders. We need to think more carefully rather than jumping on the bandwagon of calling every dissident voice as anti-pakistani.

As I said above, involving the local population in the process will be crucial, and the Army cannot do it all by itself.

Tell that to the other nations bordering the SCS and their apprehensions about Chinese expansionism.
:) "Chinese expansionism" isn't new. It was at least back to 1945, even if we don't consider the quarrel over that area between Qing Dynasty and France much earlier on. No conflict then. Only after 70‘s, Vietnam and Philippine decided to practice their "expansionism" into SCS, after oil/gas deposit was found in that area.

Of course, China bashing has long been a fashion in western medias. So, say whatever you like about Chinese expansionism. There would be nothing new. :)

West is having its kaboons on a twist on prospects of seeing chinese navy ships at mouth of persian gulf....

There is going to b alot of bullshit coming out in western media....
Also we will see our hamid mir and his alikes (also on this forum) jumping up and down like baboons on seeing the distress of their pseudo gods....and masters....
So expect more

Please read Chinese history of invasions in that area first.

At least the northern part of Vietnam was a part of China 2 thousands years ago. One thousands year ago, they span off as a separate country. Since then, the relationship between two countries follows a simple pattern. When China was stable and strong, Vietnam sought peace with China and paid tribute to the dynasty. When China was unstable and weak, they invaded China for loot and territories, which often caused retaliation from the dynasty. Similar pattern as the relationship between Japan and China. During that time, China seldom had much interests in expanding south. China spent most of the time dealing with the conflict with the northern neighbors. I bet Vietnamese only like to talk about China invading their country to play victim and won't say anything about Vietnam invading China in this history. It is very common in human nature.

I don't think the Dubai/GCC model (with respect to mandating local ownership in a business) is a good one to emulate - it places little to no burden and responsibility on the 'local' who can just sit back and live off the hard work and investment of the 'outsiders'.
Some points about the grievances voiced over 'demographic change'.

- An expansion in Balochistan's population in the long run, and the resultant demographic changes, is inevitable, given the fact that Balochistan comprises approximately 40% of Pakistan's total territory.

- Given Balochistan's weak socio-economic indicators, short-medium terms measures such as restricting voting rights for new settlers for X number of years would be one option to consider, but after certain criteria are met, settlers should be given the same rights as existing residents.

- At what point will the residents of Balochistan start holding the elected political parties accountable for the lack of development and governance?

If the local politicians can't be expected to address local issues in the short to medium term, is it fair to also hold back investment and settlement in Balochistan that has the potential of increasing provincial resources via taxes (from new businesses and from services and construction activity driven by settlers) and increased employment opportunities for locals?

Even low wage jobs and poor infrastructure are better than no jobs and no infrastructure.

Hi,
We were discussing modern times, 21 century mindset not some 16 century !

Yes, but the nations in that area and their adverse history with the Chinese goes back a long way in their memories.

@Syed.Ali.Haider I agree with @salmanACCA you need one of the treatments either shock therapy or the one where sun dosen't shine :lol:, so you can some to your senses and stop be a smarty pants

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

I don't think the Dubai/GCC model (with respect to mandating local ownership in a business) is a good one to emulate - it places little to no burden and responsibility on the 'local' who can just sit back and live off the hard work and investment of the 'outsiders'.

Some points about the grievances voiced over 'demographic change'.

- An expansion in Balochistan's population in the long run, and the resultant demographic changes, is inevitable, given the fact that Balochistan comprises approximately 40% of Pakistan's total territory.

- Given Balochistan's weak socio-economic indicators, short-medium terms measures such as restricting voting rights for new settlers for X number of years would be one option to consider, but after certain criteria are met, settlers should be given the same rights as existing residents.

- At what point will the residents of Balochistan start holding the elected political parties accountable for the lack of development and governance?

If the local politicians can't be expected to address local issues in the short to medium term, is it fair to also hold back investment and settlement in Balochistan that has the potential of increasing provincial resources via taxes (from new businesses and from services and construction activity driven by settlers) and increased employment opportunities for locals?

Even low wage jobs and poor infrastructure are better than no jobs and no infrastructure.

Good suggestions, but how likely are they to be accepted by the local population, specially when they are told otherwise by their feudal overlords?

Yes, but the nations in that area and their adverse history with the Chinese goes back a long way in their memories.

We

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

Good suggestions, but how likely are they to be accepted by the local population, specially when they are told otherwise by their feudal overlords?
Hi,

Well not fresh as US's invasions of 21 century

Hi,

Well not fresh as US's invasions of 21 century

Considering that Vietnam is now having good trading and political relationships with USA, apparently the problem is with China, not USA, in the region.

Considering that Vietnam is now having good trading and political relationships with USA, apparently the problem is with China, not USA, in the region.
Hi,
Again and that too with typical fingering of US the pivot to asia, its nothing new.

And do I need to remind you how it was US which used the orange agent on them after all a doctor would know better its effects.
Nevertheless, China has yet to reach US's level of barbarism in modern times under the so called flag of freedom and and flawed national interest

Hi,
Again and that too with typical fingering of US the pivot to asia, its nothing new.

And do I need to remind you how it was US which used the orange agent on them after all a doctor would know better its effects.
Nevertheless, China has yet to reach US's level of barbarism in modern times under the so called flag of freedom and and flawed national interest

China's barbarity is an integral part of its glorious civilization that goes back thousands of years. Why pick and choose, Sir?

Yes but that is an outsiders perspective. Its their country and their govt has adopted policies to ensure the well being of her citizens. They are politically/economically secure. Moreover, it hasnt made Dubai business unfriendly. So I wont mind the same for local population in balochistan which risks being marginalized bec of such massive influx.

Back
Top Bottom