What's new

Why China > Soviet Union

China's economic boom is a miracle in the entirely human history.

I just feel China itself is a big corporation and it transit all the ingredients from input right to the output. Only Japan in 1960s can be compared to this boom like running waters, in a less extent.

S.U. used rigid planning policy which disconnected the input and output flow by government intervention, thus the worst efficiency.

Soviet union never bow down and beg for support from US-NATO in any war. For China, from 1979 until now, they willing to bow down to US whenever having conflict with small and poor country like VN:coffee:

i think you don't know anything of art of war.

"to fight when you are about to win"

what have you learnt from China as a vassal state of China for thousands years ?

viet never be a good student .

its not just the space techs but also in the areas of Defense tech. like, we find selling rate of Mig29s much higher than Chinese Top Gun J10s, while Mig29s were developed in 80s by SU? SU used to have many aircrafts carriers while China got their first one this year, but interestingly it is also the Soviet Era carrier which Ukraine got in 1990 :lol:. with many other arms techs. SU had a wide range of manufacturing industries till 1990, including High End Technological Machineries, like, this is a defense forum and do people know that China and Pakistan used to import engine for JF17s and J10s from Russia even till 2010? while SU had its own similar 4th gen aircrafts, Mig29s, SU27 etc till 80s whose every tech including engines/machines was made by SU itself? :what:

BTW, does anyone here knows that SU was the second largest economy of the world after US till 1990?

do you people know that SU used to won highest number of medals in Olympic, while China was still on second last year, (first time they reached this level), even if they won highest Gold first time?

have a look as below, per capita income of Russia/SU in January 1991 was 12 times higher than China. China, whose per capita income on PPP was 12% less than India in January 1991 itself :meeting:

China has to travel a distance to catch up with what SU was in 80s itself. its not just Space Research, MIR station, defense techs, but also, the level of manufacturing techs like different machines SU used to make, CHina is now coming to that level, and still has to do more to get the level SU had till 80s :wave:

@ bolded and large part> i knew. they had 2.659 trillion $ GDP in 1990

1990: US - 5.8 trillion USSR - 2.66 trillion

2012: US - 15 trillion PRC - 8 trillion

We do have relatively bigger GDP than USSR, and slightly lower per capita.

Russia's economy is now at 1.8 trillion a few more years and they will have a bigger economy then they did as the USSR.

@ bolded and large part> i knew. they had 2.659 trillion $ GDP in 1990

Japan overtook them.

i think you don't know anything of art of war.

"to fight when you are about to win"

what have you learnt from China as a vassal state of China for thousands years ?

viet never be a good student .
hehe, and you couldn't win in 1979 too, you lost your ally Pol Pot, Laos was pro VN during 1979-1988 conflict, and now Laos-Camb are our special friends with pro-VN govts. it means : our power is tripple compared with our's power in 1979 :P

vassal state ?? Did your forget many chinese begged for VN's protection during Mongol-Manchus's occupation ??

hehe, and you couldn't win in 1979 too, you lost your ally Pol Pot, Laos was pro VN during 1979-1988 conflict, and now Laos-Camb are our special friends with pro-VN govts. it means : our power is tripple compared with our's power in 1979 :P

vassal state ?? Did your forget many chinese begged for VN's protection during Mongol-Manchus's occupation ??
your allies is just like your avatar--several small fishes together to act as a fake big fish, it can satisfy your vanity but never change the reality--you are always a small fish .
in fact , your poor allies did not appear to work very well.
if you can learnt something from your vassal state time,you would not loss in The battle of Xisha 1974. there China sunk viet's battleship which is 4-times larger than Chinese ships .
i don't know how viet can loss in a war when you are great superiority
now Xisha (Paracel Islands)still in our hand
just come to take it over if you are confidence to win

and something about 1979 ,i don't want to quarrel this with you , because that appears to have some difference of knowledge between us.

Let's not forget that economic prowess does not translate to the ability of projecting military might abroad. I always disagree with Indians who want India to be a superpower. I am happy with mere economic progress. If Indian citizens can have healthcare, food, shelter, clothing and education - I would prefer that to India have a manned mission to the moon or even having a flotilla of air craft carriers. With economic progress, the money will come and they you can spend on projecting power. That is what the Chinese are doing and despite my differences with their communist model of governance, I give them credit for setting most of their priorities right. The Soviets never did that.

your allies is just like your avatar--several small fishes together to act as a fake big fish, it can satisfy your vanity but never change the reality--you are always a small fish .
in fact , your poor allies did not appear to work very well.
if you can learnt something from your vassal state time,you would not loss in The battle of Xisha 1974. there China sunk viet's battleship which is 4-times larger than Chinese ships .
i don't know how viet can loss in a war when you are great superiority
now Xisha (Paracel Islands)still in our hand
just come to take it over if you are confidence to win
Those islands have unimportant location, we won't waste our time to play cheap game with you there, we're busy to unify sub-Mekong nations and plan to control Malacca strait too. So, come and snack Malacca from ASEAN if you have the guts:P
and something about 1979 ,i don't want to quarrel this with you , because that appears to have some difference of knowledge between us.
in 1979, you bowed down and begged for help from US-NATO , china couldn't do anything and couldn't have any information about VN without US spy satellites, and the KH-9 Big Bird .So, when your daddy US said: "china is loser !", then, admit it, dude:P

Don't forget china could do Nothing without US spy satellites, and the KH-9 Big Bird in 1979

Those islands have unimportant location, we won't waste our time to play cheap game with you there, we're busy to unify sub-Mekong nations and plan to control Malacca strait too. So, come and snack Malacca from ASEAN if you have the guts:P

in 1979, you bowed down and begged for help from US-NATO , china couldn't do anything and couldn't have any information about VN without US spy satellites, and the KH-9 Big Bird .So, when your daddy US said: "china is loser !", then, admit it, dude:P

Don't forget china could do Nothing without US spy satellites, and the KH-9 Big Bird in 1979

i want to ask you a question ,why did you beg the same help from USA ,just like you do today ?
the most important thing is that we won, with a small payment ,sunk your battleships .

if those islands are unimportant location,please don't waste your precious time to protest in front of our embassy, OK ?t

if you can control Malacca strait
just go ahead.
don't bark here.
let me see the excellent shows of your great navy and your great airforce beat US NAVY and successfully control Malacca strait.the fact is i never see a piece of wood of viet drift to Malacca strait.

anyway ,you shall try to build your battleships and your aircrafts all by yourselves before you carry out your stupid plan of controlling Malacca strait.
we can do that, our astronaut just came back today(sorry for you ,they are all fine)
maybe not good when compared with US and RUSSIA , at least we can.
in viet's case , how about to brew your beer better before you build your own mobilephones, i have visit viet once and impressed by your bad and expensive beer .

ohh~i also get a shoes made in vietnam, i think they have a good quality when consider of their low price.You shall know many shoes at this price level don’t have the quality like that.
Viet ,you done a good job

i want to ask you a question ,why did you beg the same help from USA ,just like you do today ?
the most important thing is that we won, with a small payment ,sunk your battleships .

if those islands are unimportant location,please don't waste your precious time to protest in front of our embassy, OK ?t
We're small country, it has No shame for small country to request help from another, but it's so shameful for china to beg for US's help in 1979 and even now in oil block in SCS(east sea). china is big but no dignity nation, so china never can be a power nation, let alone a comparison with Great Soviet union :P

Even they have unimportant location, but we won't give them to you, any problem with it ??:P
anyway ,you shall try to build your battleships and your aircrafts all by yourselves before you carry out your stupid plan of controlling Malacca strait.
we can do that, our astronaut just came back today(sorry for you ,they are all fine)
Yeah, we soon will have KILOS to control Malacca, and your economy will be in our hands, we will sink your merchant ships if you dare to mess up with us :P

Your cheap astronauts can't help you to control Malacca, so they're just used to make chinese feel happy in short time, that's all:P

What's wrong with OPs flags ??? Fails flagger :D
Look like he( Martian2) is ashamed of his country to hoist the national flag :D
@topic:
I don't think china is even near to USA. SU was having match for every weapon of USA. China do have SU copies planes and weapons to match USA.
USA is China's biggest market. It's strength and weakness both :D
SU wasn't ever dependent on USA for anything
I think this is enough :D

we spent much less than you in military when our GDP was at your today's level

Where do you get these opinions from?

In 2003, China's GDP was close to what India's GDP was for 2010

GDP

And in 2003 China's military expenditure was 2.76% of her GDP back then and in 2010 India's military expenditure was 2.4% of GDP

Military Expenditure as % of GDP

Besides its no brainer considering China had many more projects like J-20 etc.

We're small country, it has No shame for small country to request help from another, but it's so shameful for china to beg for US's help in 1979 and even now in oil block in SCS(east sea). china is big but no dignity nation, so china never can be a power nation, let alone a comparison with Great Soviet union :P

Even they have unimportant location, but we won't give them to you, any problem with it ??:P
Yeah, we soon will have KILOS to control Malacca, and your economy will be in our hands, we will sink your merchant ships if you dare to mess up with us :P

Your cheap astronauts can't help you to control Malacca, so they're just used to make chinese feel happy in short time, that's all:P

Uh~~~~
i found it is difficult to get your point .
can you tell me your age ?
i think you are teenage

in my common sense , ONLY those super power can control Malacca
such as Britain Empire of 19th, or the USA of today
you must don't know what is a super power nation.
you said viet is going to unify those south-east asia small country to control Malacca

good ambitions

i send my best blessing to your EXCELLENT plan.

i hope your banana safely transport to destination instead of rotting in your port , just like Philippines

god bless VIET and your little brother of south-east asia

let us stop this stupid discuss , OK ?

GDP

And in 2003 China's military expenditure was 2.76% of her GDP back then and in 2010 India's military expenditure was 2.4% of GDP

thanks to your datas
i thought india' GDP still at the level of 1980s of China ,according to infrastructure level of picture of india
forgive my ignorant about india

GDP

thanks to your datas
i thought india' GDP still at the level of 1980s of China ,according to infrastructure level of picture of india
forgive my ignorant about india

Back
Top Bottom