What's new

Why China might be a better superpower

China won't be a superpower.Where have we seen this film before?:" East Asian nation,populated by very intelligent people,feels that it has been humiliated by westerners stars to industrialise fast,grows a powerful economy ,arms herself to the teeth ,considers Asia HER rightfull sphere of influence and wants to kick 'evil whites out',thinks it's powerfull enough and acts on her thoughts.

Gets beaten to a pulp.The end"

China didn't learn anything ofcourse,unfortunately i don't think that in this day and age,with this technology in wars they would be so lucky as the japanese.

That old Japan analogy again.:lol:

China has ten times more people and dozens of times more agricultural and other natural resources than Japan.

If China gets as rich as Japan did in the late 1980s then it will simply dominate the world.

We will know what happens within a generation so not long to find out now.:coffee:

You are joking right? What part of China is communist other than the name? Capitalism is nothing new, it has happened for thousands of years. It wasn't new when Americans had it and it wasn't new to China when we once again adopted it.

Chinese writing system, literature, lifestyle, clothing, food and this and that has been adopted throughout the centuries by other countries.

You may not know because it looks western, but a lot of new Chinese styles are in fact Chinese, western inspired perhaps, but they remain Chinese.

As to worshiping westerners, that was way back in the 90s, and early 2000s. With the opening up of China many knows what the west really is. As to western products, there are various reasons on why western products are preferred. But it is not the reason you think it is.

And good stuff is good stuff, BMWs, and Gucci are really top of the line, not just in China, but any where.

China is the world's largest alcohol consuming country and yet, wine only makes up a small amount, so you can see that to be westernized is to seem modern, but we are still very much Chinese and as our brands get more recognition, that day is soon.

See Chinese first lady and effect on Chinese luxury brands.

However a Ferrari and Benz is cool in the states too, are you saying US isn't a super power.

China is buying up land, sending workers and engineers all over the world. Ask Africa. China is selling Chinese company stocks all over the world and we are openly going against the West, see Syria.

We are doing things in space, perhaps not things that haven't been done yet, but at current trend, that day is close.

We are going our own course, hence we didn't go with the EU when they fell, and our model is not exactly done anywhere else in the world, so I'm not sure who we copied.

Your argument for strengthening themselves is stupid, you think people don't know self strengthening is good, and needs China to remind them? No, if they could do it they would have done it by now.

Also which country other than India and sort of US can actually match China in terms of men power and resources and things of this nature.

Your post shows how little you know of China, and of the world really.

Lastly, do you know what it takes to have the biggest GDP and military? I'm not sure you understand. How can someone not innovate and not lead to have the biggest GDP? How is that even possible?

This is like saying you graduated school, but failed every course. These things are not mutually exclusive.

No need to be uptight, mate.

Facts are facts.

Merely hoping that you can whitewash facts won't change them.

China, Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba are probably the only communist countries in the world. None of the former Soviet Union members are communist today, but China still is.

China is copying "Western" capitalism (if there is such a word), i.e. every concept, every practice, every custom cherished in the West is being copied.

The Asian Tigers led with an export led economic surge, China is merely 'copying', as in following it. Those Asian Tigers' growth were successful on the back of successes in labour intensive industries requiring low innovation and capital. China followed suit.

"Western looking" men are worshipped by Chinese girls, I won't discuss any further. If you live in China or East Asia, you should know that! In each of these East Asian countries, anybody with "Caucasian/Caucasoid" features, relatively lighter skin and wearing "Western clothes" will be "chased" by the local girls.

That's what I meant by "Western worshipping".

As for standing against the West in Syria, that is a perfect example that China still needs to copy somebody else. It is actually RUSSIA that is standing against the West, that has led in media propaganda against Western backed freedom fighters/rebels, and that has sent its naval fleet there.

China is mostly inactive in Syria, mate. Even Iran (much smaller than China, and sanctioned to the eyeballs) is more active in Syria, so we can say Iran is more independent than China in this regard.

Lastly, no mate, having the largest GDP and military has little to do with innovation. Some countries may be highly innovative, have high GDP and a large military, while some other country may be highly imitative, have a high GDP and a large military.

Innovation is about bringing new ideas to effect. Larger GDP is about generating more economic activity. A larger military depends on a country's politicians, and generally, its geopolitical standing.

None of these three are mutually exclusive, but they are not closely interlinked either.

Let's say, in the Middle East, the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) has the largest GDP and the highest defence expenditure. Yet, they can't hold a candle to so called "Israeli" refugees from Europe when it comes to innovation, scientific prowess, individual talent, military experience, military power, military industry and technology.

"Western looking" men are worshipped by Chinese girls, I won't discuss any further. If you live in China or East Asia, you should know that! In each of these East Asian countries, anybody with "Caucasian/Caucasoid" features, relatively lighter skin and wearing "Western clothes" will be "chased" by the local girls.

LOL you must had it very bad in CDF :lol:

LOL you must had it very bad in CDF :lol:

I said the exact same thing in CDF. :lol:

This is the reality, as admitted by OTHER CHINESE MEMBERS IN CDF. :lol:

My experience is congruous with that of Westerners and other Chinese members also.

^^^ When someone makes such claims there's no need to bother with any refutation. And I'm sort of surprised because you always seem to be a rational poster.

China doesn't want to be superpower - Many Chinese just want to prosper without all the headache of being world police.

India and Saudi Arabia have more of a desire for that role.

No need to be uptight, mate.

Facts are facts.

Merely hoping that you can whitewash facts won't change them.

China, Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba are probably the only communist countries in the world. None of the former Soviet Union members are communist today, but China still is.

China is copying "Western" capitalism (if there is such a word), i.e. every concept, every practice, every custom cherished in the West is being copied.

The Asian Tigers led with an export led economic surge, China is merely 'copying', as in following it. Those Asian Tigers' growth were successful on the back of successes in labour intensive industries requiring low innovation and capital. China followed suit.

That's what I meant by "Western worshipping".

As for standing against the West in Syria, that is a perfect example that China still needs to copy somebody else. It is actually RUSSIA that is standing against the West, that has led in media propaganda against Western backed freedom fighters/rebels, and that has sent its naval fleet there.

China is mostly inactive in Syria, mate. Even Iran (much smaller than China, and sanctioned to the eyeballs) is more active in Syria, so we can say Iran is more independent than China in this regard.

Lastly, no mate, having the largest GDP and military has little to do with innovation. Some countries may be highly innovative, have high GDP and a large military, while some other country may be highly imitative, have a high GDP and a large military.

Innovation is about bringing new ideas to effect. Larger GDP is about generating more economic activity. A larger military depends on a country's politicians, and generally, its geopolitical standing.

None of these three are mutually exclusive, but they are not closely interlinked either.

Let's say, in the Middle East, the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) has the largest GDP and the highest defence expenditure. Yet, they can't hold a candle to so called "Israeli" refugees from Europe when it comes to innovation, scientific prowess, individual talent, military experience, military power, military industry and technology.

lol facts are not facts cause you say it is.

authoritarian has been the governing form for thousands of years. Perhaps we still call ourselves communist, but do communists have Lambos and Mansions and market economy?

IF you feel Chinese capitalism is the same as the west then do business exactly as you would in the West in China and see what happens.

Exporting is copying now? Well since Han dynasty, China has been exporting, so who copied who. Also, what other countries have been as closed off and became as open, so who could we copy really?The Asian tigers are all under different circumstances.

This is like saying because Bolt is running same as other people before him that he is copying, but in fact he runs faster and tad different. But running is running. No matter how different, he isn't going to run with his hands.

There are no Chinese traditional cloth anymore unlike some other places. What are we suppose to wear.

As to marrying western men, it's been less and less cause a lot of people are realizing we are very different. However there are also some cases, as there are Chinese men with White women. So what it is what it is. Marriage and love is personal.

Women with lighter skin has always been more attractive since ancient times. Our skin is not that dark to begin with, so...?

Syria is just an example of voting. We have no interest in Syria, what are we suppose to do in Syria? Invade it supply it? What? Iran is right next to Syria, you don't think it's suppose to have a role. Iran have no role in East and South China sea dispute, is Iran not independent?

True having largest GDP, doesn't equal innovation, however, US is already at that level, you don't think we can catch up without innovation can you?

Military equipments needs innovation, be it engines, missiles, software and this and that, how can we become more or equal to US without innovation? We already have more men.

Unless you got some way of becoming the best without innovation I like to hear it. And also name who has done it,or are you saying we are about to be the first.

Israel, yes is technically smaller than middle east, but they are one so their spending would not be redundant, while the middle east has to spend on the same thing for all of them, so actual money spent on new things could very well be less.

EU spends more than Russia and bigger economy than US, is it economically better than US? IS it militarily better than Russia?

They have every intention of being a superpower, just that they do not want to claim the title "prematurely" like some low IQ nationalities.

You have not probably talked with the Chinese or followed Chinese government decisionmaking closely.

What are they preparing aircraft carriers, heavy destroyers, probably cruisers, SLBM, ICBM, supercomputers topping the chart, world's tallest building, etc for?

They have as much ambition towards being the "superpower" as any American or whoever.

It's just that they are following the "keep a low profile..." strategy.

I said the exact same thing in CDF. :lol:

This is the reality, as admitted by OTHER CHINESE MEMBERS IN CDF. :lol:

My experience is congruous with that of Westerners and other Chinese members also.

Nice generalization there. Have you ever thought of the possibility that people that you hang out with already prefer European looking guys? But then you ignored majority of girls that you didn't have experience with. Also people that browse English websites know English and have been greatly influenced by European cultures, consciously or subconsciously. But European looking guys are scary looking to girls that don't enjoy and are not influenced by Hollywood and western media, majority of whom live in inner and rural areas. My mom is a perfect example. She thinks white people are scary looking. They still have the same aesthetics as old days when white people were called "Guilao" or devils.

It's really a common sampling error. But then if what you believe makes you feel good, then great. It's your life.

Nice generalization there. Have you ever thought of the possibility that people that you hang out with already prefer European looking guys? But then you ignored majority of girls that you didn't have experience with. Also people that browse English websites know English and have been greatly influenced by European cultures, consciously or subconsciously. But European looking guys are scary looking to girls that don't enjoy and are not influenced by Hollywood and western media, majority of whom live in inner and rural areas. My mom is perfectly example. She thinks white people are scary looking. They still have the same aesthetics as old days when white people were called "Guilao" or devils.

It's really a common sampling error. But then if what you believe makes you feel good, then great. It's your life.

very true. Most girls even in Canada and US chooses other Asian partners. I'm sure my parents would kill me if I bring home an American girl. Not that I want to.

1.3 billion Chinese, he knows about us cause maybe he knows one or two.

lol facts are not facts cause you say it is.

authoritarian has been the governing form for thousands of years. Perhaps we still call ourselves communist, but do communists have Lambos and Mansions and market economy?

IF you feel Chinese capitalism is the same as the west then do business exactly as you would in the West in China and see what happens.

Exporting is copying now? Well since Han dynasty, China has been exporting, so who copied who. Also, what other countries have been as closed off and became as open, so who could we copy really?The Asian tigers are all under different circumstances.

This is like saying because Bolt is running same as other people before him that he is copying, but in fact he runs faster and tad different. But running is running. No matter how different, he isn't going to run with his hands.

There are no Chinese traditional cloth anymore unlike some other places. What are we suppose to wear.

As to marrying western men, it's been less and less cause a lot of people are realizing we are very different. However there are also some cases, as there are Chinese men with White women. So what it is what it is. Marriage and love is personal.

Women with lighter skin has always been more attractive since ancient times. Our skin is not that dark to begin with, so...?

Syria is just an example of voting. We have no interest in Syria, what are we suppose to do in Syria? Invade it supply it? What? Iran is right next to Syria, you don't think it's suppose to have a role. Iran have no role in East and South China sea dispute, is Iran not independent?

True having largest GDP, doesn't equal innovation, however, US is already at that level, you don't think we can catch up without innovation can you?

Military equipments needs innovation, be it engines, missiles, software and this and that, how can we become more or equal to US without innovation? We already have more men.

Unless you got some way of becoming the best without innovation I like to hear it. And also name who has done it,or are you saying we are about to be the first.

Israel, yes is technically smaller than middle east, but they are one so their spending would not be redundant, while the middle east has to spend on the same thing for all of them, so actual money spent on new things could very well be less.

EU spends more than Russia and bigger economy than US, is it economically better than US? IS it militarily better than Russia?

Mate, you are just full on rambling now.

When I said that Westerners are worshipped in China, you said that is less and less the case. When I mentioned that any Western looking men are chased by Chinese girls, you now talk about marriage, and Chinese womens' skin colour.

So called "Israeli" refugees actually spend far less than a single desert tribe like Saudi Arabia, can you show us what Saudi indigenous military development (maybe, apart from Camel milk for long desert hauls) can hold a candle to so called "Israeli" refugees' innovations?

EU would be militarily better off than Russia, in a conventional war, ONLY IF it were one country with a unique policy.

EU is not one country. There are too many competing voices to make a coherent, cogent decision on anything.

Likewise, EU would be economically better off than USA ONLY IF it were one country with a unique policy. EU is not a single country.

Whereas, China is a single country that has no unique policy of hers.

All of it is based on "copying". For example, when you build Type 052D destroyers, you name it "Red Aegis". When you unveil plans for a "stealth bomber", you call it a "Red B2".

As for authoritarianism, mate, I don't want you to get killed if you write anything against the government, so I won't push it farther, but just in case you did not know, most developing countries around the world are less authoritarian than China, even the old Chinese dynasties were probably less anti-religion than the Communist party.

As I have said, your Chinese Communist Party is simply a remnant of a copycat of the old Soviet Communist party model, which has been thrown into the garbage can of history in Russia itself.

You also failed to understand the meaning of labour intensive industries led export model (of economic growth).

Mate, wish you all the best, but I think you are losing your cool now, and failing to understand what I am pointing at.

That can happen to anybody when he is raised in an environment where everybody is expected to hold the exact same opinions regardless of its validity. Unless you are exposed to an environment where people can argue about a subject based solely on its merit (or otherwise), you would find it really frustrating when somebody would point out some of the reasons that China is not yet ready to be a superpower (even though Chinese have all the ambitions, maybe rightly so).

They have every intention of being a superpower, just that they do not want to claim the title "prematurely" like some low IQ nationalities.

You have not probably talked with the Chinese or followed Chinese government decisionmaking closely.

What are they preparing aircraft carriers, heavy destroyers, probably cruisers, SLBM, ICBM, supercomputers topping the chart, world's tallest building, etc for?

They have as much ambition towards being the "superpower" as any American or whoever.

It's just that they are following the "keep a low profile..." strategy.

Yes, you are very good at reading crystal balls. You reach deep inside Chinese decision makers' minds. If protecting national interest and preparing for the worst are considered ambition towards "superpower," then so be it, since every nation should do.

Nice generalization there. Have you ever thought of the possibility that people that you hang out with already prefer European looking guys? But then you ignored majority of girls that you didn't have experience with. Also people that browse English websites know English and have been greatly influenced by European cultures, consciously or subconsciously. But European looking guys are scary looking to girls that don't enjoy and are not influenced by Hollywood and western media, majority of whom live in inner and rural areas. My mom is a perfect example. She thinks white people are scary looking. They still have the same aesthetics as old days when white people were called "Guilao" or devils.

I have no intention of "belittling" Chinese people, if that's what you think I am doing. I clearly mentioned the same is the case all over East Asia. Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong -- all same, minor variations apart.

I am not talking about my experiences on the internet, I am saying that OTHER CHINESE MEMBERS on the internet have confirmed this general trend. Anybody who has visited/lived in the East Asian countries would also confirm these facts, again mate, I don't really care much about Westerners whether you call them Gweilo, Ang Moh or Gaijin.

Almost every culture has pejorative names for people of other cultures. That does not change any facts about interracial relationships. East Asian girls are seen as "cheap" and "easy" by Westerners, and East Asian girls act like they are "cheap and easy" in front of any Western looking man.

This is much the same way that Western girls are seen as "cheap" and "easy" by Middle Easterners, others, Africans etc, and the Western girls acting like they are "cheap and easy" in front of many Africans, other races.

@Coltsfan

Indians earn even less, are you unaware of this fact? Please don't pretend you are developed when you are less so than us.

BTW, even if we some how lose everything it still won't help India any, so worry about yourself dude.

Read my post,

I specifically answered a question you had posed in your reply.

Never said India is more developed than China...... Did I?:sniper:

Last edited by a moderator:

Why does one have to hate people of a different region to be considered not a sell out . I never got that.

Indifference is probably a better attitude, because the former hints at insecurities and the need to be compared all the time.

China shroud compare itself with India, Japan, Arab nations too; not just the West.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom