What's new

WHY CHINA LACKS GANGNAM STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
HK speaks different languages(Cantonese and English) from China, is culturally different from China, and Hong Kongese themselves do not consider themselves Chinese, but Hong Kongese.

Asking Hong Kongese if they feel they are Chinese is like asking Tibetans and Uyghurs if they feel they are Chinese. The answer is hell no.

Cantonese is Chinese language and it is not only used in HK but also Macau, south China and oversea Chinese.
HongKongese mostly consider themselves as [HK Chinese], so are Uighurs and Tibetans.

Well, Chinese martial artists must practice TKD to go to the Olympics, because the IOC doesn't take Wushu and the Wushu artists must stay home.

I wouldn't consider Wushu not being practiced enough around the world an embarrassing thing, but Korean's got pwn'd at their own game is.

gangnam_copy1.jpg

Softpower is the way to build a countries Branding :)

Bruce Lee- Loved documentary on him.
Jet Li - Won't call myself as his fan but good actor
Jacky Chan - Childhood favourite. No one can take his place when it comes to martial arts at least for me.
Chow Young Fat- Haven't seen a lot of his movies, but those I watched, were great.

Chinese needs to promote the directors who like to experiment and can being something that hasn't been brought yet.

China need Akira Kurosawa of its own. He transformed the movies around the world.

It needs a Director as brand ambassador of China. Actors are plenty in China.

but seriously when will mainlander tear down the vile 廣電局?
Tell me tell me tell me.

Bruce Lee- Loved documentary on him.
Jet Li - Won't call myself as his fan but good actor
Jacky Chan - Childhood favourite. No one can take his place when it comes to martial arts at least for me.
Chow Young Fat- Haven't seen a lot of his movies, but those I watched, were great.

Chinese needs to promote the directors who like to experiment and can being something that hasn't been brought yet.

China need Akira Kurosawa of its own. He transformed the movies around the world.

It needs a Director as brand ambassador of China. Actors are plenty in China.

We have plenty of experimental directors. But they target mostly the home audience, which is exactly what they should be doing.

Even then, what other Asian country has exported any movie stars as well known as Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?

India has done it but Bruce Lee, Jet Li and Jackie Chan are big names buddy. Indian actors have long way to go to that popularity.

Indian directors have been appreciated. So is Indian Music Director. Problem is there are hardly few.

"Young Fat" became a WMN---Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon made him popular in India dude.

India has done it but Bruce Lee, Jet Li and Jackie Chan are big names buddy. Indian actors have long way to go to that popularity.

Indian directors have been appreciated. So is Indian Music Director. Problem is there are hardly few.

"Young Fat" became a WMN---Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon made him popular in India dude.

The problem is that many Chinese movies deal with very "Chinese" issues, as well as Chinese myth and history.

So obviously it is not easy to market such things to the rest of the world.

But first we need to properly conquer the Chinese domestic market. If we can't do that, then what's the point of trying to export it.

We have plenty of experimental directors. But they target mostly the home audience, which is exactly what they should be doing.

Even then, what other Asian country has exported any movie stars as well known as Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?
Ang lee, M. Night shyamalan?

Bollywood??

^^^ And who in the world can name that guy off the top of their heads? :lol:

China certainly didn't, as Bruce was a natural born US citizen who just happened to make it big in Hong Kong and Jackie is Hong Kongese.

They are all HK Chinese.

Why can't mainland China produce a popular film industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom