What's new

why china is so corrupt, I want to tell my own story about corruption

Götterdämmerung;3648726 said:
I think it's just wrong what you did. I would never pay bribes, because the next time you can't refuse to pay again since you already set a precedence and you will always be susceptible to blackmailing even if you do nothing illegal in a completely unrelated transaction.

I am proud that our custom oficers are not bribeable and that's because our business people first of all will make sure the corrupt custom officer lose his job and get to jail. German business people would understand the delay if you tell them that you don't want to pay bribe and stay clean. That would win you a lot of respect and trust with your costumers in Germany.

Götte: That's the difference between East and West! "East" wants to get things done no matter what, and "West" wants to get things right no matter what. my 2c

Central power system is like this, the new leader will keep the situation or make it worse, lets see.
If they are really smart, keep everybody happy and dont take that much.

Götterdämmerung;3648726 said:
German business people would understand the delay if you tell them that you don't want to pay bribe and stay clean. That would win you a lot of respect and trust with your costumers in Germany.
naja. some shipment are promotion gifts( Werbeartikel), and it is DDP shipment.
which need to be delivered in a exact time point. and the client pay me after they recieve the goods.

if the delay is one month. after Zoll released the goods. we have to change sea freight to air freight.
and the airfreight cost is much much more than the bribe.

maybe I can win respect from my kunden in germany. but they dont pay me the airfreight cost.

I am a corrupt business man.
but sometimes in my view corruption has it own advantage.
Let me just give you a example happens last week.

I have a cargo which will ship to Germany.
but the customs inspected (standard inspection) my cargo and attached my goods because of suspect of false trademark.
in normal way you need at least a 15 day -30 days to get back my goods. and the consignee in germany ( the trademark owner must also provide evidence that they are the Mark owner) but it will take such long time.
in this case you will probably lose a client for future business because of delay. even the delay is not because of me.

but in china you can do it in different way.
you can pay the customs officer a little money to release your goods.
and they also release the goods at once after they get the money.
then everyone will be happy, including myself.( because it saved my future bussiness with this client)

sometimes, in my own view, little corruption is not that bad.
and I choose to keep to be a corrupt business man.

It is impossible to get rid of corruption.
and fighting corruption is harder than everyone can imagine

what I want to tell is not how corrupt china is
but I just want people know that corrupt way sometimes is also the more efficient way.

I applaud your honesty. But problem here is lack of Govt control and potential breach of security.

As S10 pointed out. How can you be sure that this same customs officer for a good bribe won't allow the release of goods which may threaten not just your nation's security, but your own security?

I applaud your honesty. But problem here is lack of Govt control and potential breach of security.

As S10 pointed out. How can you be sure that this same customs officer for a good bribe won't allow the release of goods which may threaten not just your nation's security, but your own security?
we can hope those customs officer know which goods can be tolerated which can not be.

Götte: That's the difference between East and West! "East" wants to get things done no matter what, and "West" wants to get things right no matter what. my 2c

How about simply getting things done in the right way? It's in the states interest to help the economy to function like a well greased machine. That means an efficient custom procedure even when there are problems to be solved.

but the customs inspected (standard inspection) my cargo and attached my goods because of suspect of false trademark.
in normal way you need at least a 15 day -30 days to get back my goods. and the consignee in germany ( the trademark owner must also provide evidence that they are the Mark owner) but it will take such long time.
in this case you will probably lose a client for future business because of delay. even the delay is not because of me.

then everyone will be happy, including myself.( because it saved my future bussiness with this client)

but I just want people know that corrupt way sometimes is also the more efficient way.

yeah i thought Pakistan was the only one that had this concept. my experience they took my big bag of naswar which i got my older folks. then i had pay 20 quid to get in front of line but then they play game n charge more cos the others are hungry for cash.

I understand itaskol's situation, a month delay is just too much and the company will lose customers. If this keeps happening the continuity of the company could be in danger which will result in bankruptcy and loss of jobs. Though paying the costums to get your legal products to be released is bribery the problem is the inefficiency of the custom officers. If the process of determining the valid trademark can be faster such practice would not be necessary. I wouldn't label itaskol as a bad person or has done any harm to anyone's lives that would be too much. There have been many cases where big western companies formed cartel which is against the law because of price fixing.

haha I would take corruption over bureaucracy any day.

I was discussing with my friend about pros n cons of corruption few days ago...totally agree with you on tht part In some cases corruption is a bless

the OP doesnt deserve to be in the buz if he needs paying bribes to survive!
he can still retain his customer and fulfill his order by airfreighting the goods
that's the “penalty” he should have paid properly for learning a lesson and be smarter next time around but definitely NOT committing a crime for the buz!

I bet you will give your kid a stack of bank notes telling him to give them to his teacher for an upgrade of his grades !!

the OP doesnt deserve to be in the buz if he needs paying bribes to survive!
he can still retain his customer and fulfill his order by airfreighting the goods
that's the “penalty” he should have paid properly for learning a lesson and be smarter next time around but definitely NOT committing a crime for the buz!

I bet you will give your kid a stack of bank notes telling him to give them to his teacher for an upgrade of his grades !!

If everybody pays bribe (from his post it seems like that), then OP deserves to be in business as much as rest.

Or would you bribe the linesman telling him to call the ball in when it is out so as to stay in the ball game?

If everybody pays bribe (from his post it seems like that), then OP deserves to be in business as much as rest.

not everyone acts like him! may be the things are worse in india!

Back
Top Bottom