What's new

Why China Doesn't See India As a Threat

Either you are militarily super aggressive or you are indeed very powerful,then you will be seen as a threat.Neither india is,so we don't see india as a threat.
The thieves had already stolen your things and of course they are now already not threat to you.
可能印度人也知道“不怕贼偷,就怕贼惦记” no fear for steal just fear that will be stolen

India's policy has always been - India first.

India has never allied with anyone nor ever will. Every engagement is transactional devoid of emotions ( higher than the mountains type) . Each case taken on its merits.There was a time when the USSR was relevant , we needed stuff on credit.Now, we can buy and would like to make it in India.

It does not matter if the West accepts India whole heartedly as suggested.

India is also acutely aware of the game being played out and the attempts to fire the gun off Indian shoulders. Unlike other nations in the region India has not allowed transit or physical presence on its land.

The major difference between back then & now is that we needed credit now we dont so our stance & alignment changes.

Think Globally - act locally.

I basically agree with you saying that India having an independent policy, as I already said so in previous post, there are internal forces (shadow/doubt on Western motives, self-esteem as a ancient civilization, country size not smaller than some Western powers) in India to will drive policy this way.

Just that however minor might be, Beijing sees an uncertainty in its direction, for the opposing forces/reasons I have listed out like an eagerness among the public especially the elite to be accepted by the West as an equal partner, relatively high degree of dependence on Western investment and defense supplies, and a concern on regional mistrust/security (hence seeking some degree of defence tie from the West, and that role used to be USSR). On top of these internal factors, the most important factor is external, i.e. US' determination on a containment plan, and no matter how slightly it might be, Beijing can totally rule out its chance of success in India given the prowess of US influence.

Last edited:
Well I agree with the author, and his analysis is spot on........ The only thorn in our relationship is border dispute, and luckily the dispute is more of political than economical, and relatively easy to resolve....... But I think both nations are matured to have trade relationship even when have serious dispute on border...... I think every sane person in India believes and agrees that China is in a different league and we have lot to catch up, it is going to be very tough to match them.......

Beijing sees an uncertainty in its direction, for the opposing forces/reasons I have listed out like an eagerness among the public especially the elite to be accepted by the West as an equal partner, relatively high degree of dependence on Western investment and defense supplies, and a concern on regional mistrust/security (hence seeking some degree of defence tie from the West, and that role used to be USSR). On top of these internal factors, the most important factor is external, i.e. US' determination on a containment plan, and no matter how slightly it might be, Beijing can totally rule out its chance of success in India given the prowess of US influence.

Firstly, there is no eagerness to be accepted by the west. It quite the other way round. The West if it knows whats good for them has to accept India for what it is - a huge market, a strong democracy with very strong institutions , a vibrant economy and a medium size military power with a clout in its vicinity - with options of its own.

As regards investment, yes India is open to investments from all over. Given how the world is fractured India is a good & safe investment destination , we are working on fixing laws which came in the way. We are willing to accept investments from anyone, we need to fix our infrastructure.

Beijing must not rule out anything including its chances of success in India. Nothing works better than commerce. It however needs to both tone down its border issues and sit across the table to resolve them & stop wanting to linger things. India has accepted the reality of Aksai Chin ( though may not openly admit it ) similarly China needs to reconcile itself to the geography of Arunachal.

Both of us have enough land to cover what the other has.

Our squabbling gives a window of opportunity for those outside Asia to step in.

To read a solution is very different when it was solved by your own.
India has imported too many different military technologies and components with the different specs, that's why it is so hard to put them together.
That's why it even took them more than 12 years to make a single destroyer, and it is also disastrous for their supply line to handle so many different weapons.

India also uses worldwide purchases to cultivate diplomacy
Like the worldwide bid of MMRCA which was awarded to Rafale
5a6b094cf1d8a907c5f84541817c6592.gif

India also uses worldwide purchases to cultivate diplomacy
Like the worldwide bid of MMRCA which was awarded to Rafale
5a6b094cf1d8a907c5f84541817c6592.gif

Thats how most countries increase influence.

India just used its vast market size for weapons as a diplomatic tool.

Thats how most countries increase influence.
India just used its vast market size for weapons as a diplomatic tool.

I meant that is the best thing they can offer diplomatically The other is the so called "counter-weight"
6444e93b178ebc29b0d9b5fb36425e77.gif

India was made a colony by the British, and after the WWII, the British lost it’s power, then India cried to be freed as a country. Now India is a fully diversified democracy, always has a weak center government and have a lot of domestic problems, I just wish India’s over populated youth not bring the country to a mess.

China government fought the Japanese invaders and drove the old government to Taiwan. We fought the UAS in Korea, fought the Soviet on our border, China have a much stronger center government to deliver, and now China is looking at the USA, not looking at India as the main threat, what can India do to harm China without the USA behind? But India is big civilization and have very high inspiration, will not be used by the USA.

Now the Modi government is trying to get all the benefits from all sides of the world by a diplomatic way,every body knows this, now just let's to play.

Back
Top Bottom