What's new

Why blame Afghan men?

They want to keep control in their society hence they control their women.When society is out of control many social ills are borne
I am not understanding the logic here. Society consisting of both men and women so why control women only ? Why they don't control themselves or they think only women bring social ills in society? yea Muslim men will never lower their gaze but they have full control on women to forced them to wear full veil from head to toe. Muslim men will smoke charas openly in front of their family/kids but if any woman ever do this then she will become bad character woman. Muslim men will enjoy **** or watching all vulgar stuff dance/mujra etc on internet/cd/tv but they will never let women watch these things otherwise they will get spoil. Pious Muslim men can divorce their wives for no reason and can bring another 19 year old virgin girl as wife but Muslim women cannot seek khulah even if her husband is sharabi/charsi/abusive and dont fulfil his basic responsibilities. Women can be beaten and abused with impunity at their husbands whim. I have observed this hypocrisy and double standard in society. I agree its not realistic to assume that all women are treated as cruelly as we have heard but there is some truth and double standard there

I just think women should not be deprived of dignity, respect, education, right of marriage,right of khulah and others basic rights etc. They should not be kept in a state of servitude. Women have right to be respected and treated fairly. I also think western people have no right to impose their values and system on other peoples of such different religious and cultural values but i think some Muslim men also need to change their thinking and attitude towards women. Women should not be treated like cars to drive them wherever you want irrespective of their feelings/emotions. Allah has not given women in your authority to control them but to guide/co-operate with them and treat women with love and kindness

a war ravaged country with invaders walking around and bandits - men themselves dnt come out why should women walk about we know American soldiers have committed rapes n murders. war after war a man locks up his family. constant threat make poeple possessive towards their family for protection plus poverty adds weight this. once threat is removed they will open slowly.

I agree about the culture part. Only a fool would assume that a culture can change in an instant.

For a country like Afghanistan, it'd take at least 3 generations for one or more aspects of culture to change. And that is a long time. I really hope the occupation forces aren't aiming that.

Ignore the media, journalists are nosy people and broadcast whatever sells most.

What is important is that Afghanistan stabilizes so that there is scope for *ahem* civilization, development and trade. And it's important that its neighbors support it. Not saying the Americans had a perfect strategy or something. But stability must be the end result. With or without American presence.

Their culture and religion must not be pushed around with. There's a difference in the actual problem here.

The rights of men, fathers, women and mothers are very clear in the Koran. Not going any further.

I am not understanding the logic here. Society consisting of both men and women so why control women only ? Why they don't control themselves or they think only women bring social ills in society? yea Muslim men will never lower their gaze but they have full control on women to forced them to wear full veil from head to toe. Muslim men will smoke charas openly in front of their family/kids but if any woman ever do this then she will become bad character woman. Muslim men will enjoy **** or watching all vulgar stuff dance/mujra etc on internet/cd/tv but they will never let women watch these things otherwise they will get spoil. Pious Muslim men can divorce their wives for no reason and can bring another 19 year old virgin girl as wife but Muslim women cannot seek khulah even if her husband is sharabi/charsi/abusive and dont fulfil his basic responsibilities. Women can be beaten and abused with impunity at their husbands whim. I have observed this hypocrisy and double standard in society. I agree its not realistic to assume that all women are treated as cruelly as we have heard but there is some truth and double standard there

I just think women should not be deprived of dignity, respect, education, right of marriage,right of khulah and others basic rights etc. They should not be kept in a state of servitude. Women have right to be respected and treated fairly. I also think western people have no right to impose their values and system on other peoples of such different religious and cultural values but i think some Muslim men also need to change their thinking and attitude towards women. Women should not be treated like cars to drive them wherever you want irrespective of their feelings/emotions. Allah has not given women in your authority to control them but to guide/co-operate with them and treat women with love and kindness

Very well written, but religious practices do not always follow logic.

I agree about the culture part. Only a fool would assume that a culture can change in an instant.

For a country like Afghanistan, it'd take at least 3 generations for one or more aspects of culture to change. And that is a long time. I really hope the occupation forces aren't aiming that.

Ignore the media, journalists are nosy people and broadcast whatever sells most.

What is important is that Afghanistan stabilizes so that there is scope for *ahem* civilization, development and trade. And it's important that its neighbors support it. Not saying the Americans had a perfect strategy or something. But stability must be the end result. With or without American presence.

Their culture and religion must not be pushed around with. There's a difference in the actual problem here.

The rights of men, fathers, women and mothers are very clear in the Koran. Not going any further.

It becomes intricately convoluted when culture and religion intertwine to create an impenetrable conglomerate, which is then subject to both internal strife and external influences. The result can be unpredictable.

They want to keep control in their society hence they control their women. When society is out of control many social ills are borne. Falsely blaming them for oppression of women, look at other cultures in which bearing and raising children is viewed as a burden a hindrance to the lives of professional women. Hence women should take up the roles which are designated by nature. Maybe they don't want a society like other cultures so their culture should be left alone if change is to come let it come from within their society.

Baby boxes for abandoned children shoud be banned, says UN group wants; others say they save infant lives
There are about 30 to 60 infanticides in Germany every year,

-
-

Very well written, but religious practices do not always follow logic.
actually i said that i don't understand the logic behind double standard and hypocrisy in society . Religious practices/laws should equally apply to men and women. I personally met many Afghans asylum seekers here in united kingdom who had polish gfs for many years and they had sexual relationship with them and then they went back home and got married with pure virgin girl and next time i have seen them with their wives who were covered from head to toe and same guys used to hugs and kisses their Polish/Latvian gfs in public :no:

They want to keep control in their society hence they control their women. When society is out of control many social ills are borne. Falsely blaming them for oppression of women, look at other cultures in which bearing and raising children is viewed as a burden a hindrance to the lives of professional women. Hence women should take up the roles which are designated by nature.

Maybe they don't want a society like other cultures so their culture should be left alone if change is to come let it come from within their society.

Uncle sam, what exactly do you know about Afghan culture and status of women there?

So what is your point?

Infanticide on the rise: 1,210 babies found dead in 2010, says Edhi – The Express Tribune

With rising inflation and poverty, infanticide too is increasing across the country. More than 1,000 infants — most of them girls — were killed or left to die in the country last year, according to conservative estimates by the Edhi Foundation, one of the nonprofit organisations working to reverse this grim trend.

The infanticide figures are collected only from the main cities, leaving out huge swathes of the population. The foundation says that in December alone it found 40 dead babies left in garbage dumps and sewers. The number of dead infants found last year — 1,210 — was up from 890 in 2008 and 999 in 2009, says the Edhi Foundation’s Karachi manager, Anwar Kazmi.

Edhi Foundation Services

Uncle sam, what exactly do you know about Afghan culture and status of women there?

I know Afghanistan for the most part is a tribal society and a patriarchal society with various ethnicity scattered throughout different regions. There are tribal traditions and codes such as Paktunwali the Pakhtuns in Afghanistan follow, etc. Marriages there are mostly arranged, and the culture there is mostly conservative. What else would you like to know?

I know Afghanistan for the most part is a tribal society and a patriarchal society with various ethnicity scattered throughout different regions. There are tribal traditions and codes such as Paktunwali the Pakhtuns in Afghanistan follow, etc. Marriages there are mostly arranged, and the culture there is mostly conservative. What else would you like to know?

Well Afghanistan dont have one culture/ethnicity. Pashtun culture is not same as that of hazara/uzbek/tajik etc

Yeah, look at aaaaaaaaaaaallll that progress Afghan society has made over the last thousand years or so. Impressive, right?

Have you ever seen nomad pashtuns called kochis? . First of all their women dont wear your symbol of oppression "burqa". Secondly they have equal role in taking care of camels, caravan, chores etc, thirdly they also keep guns like males. Few centuries ago nearly all pashtuns were nomads while afghanistan was ruled by turkic dynasties.
The fundamentalism of afghan society, is gift from hindostani muslim ulemas in 19th century. While the currunt religous extremism in the form of talibans is gift of pakistani state to afghans.

actually i said that i don't understand the logic behind double standard and hypocrisy in society . Religious practices/laws should equally apply to men and women. I personally met many Afghans asylum seekers here in united kingdom who had polish gfs for many years and they had sexual relationship with them and then they went back home and got married with pure virgin girl and next time i have seen them with their wives who were covered from head to toe and same guys used to hugs and kisses their Polish/Latvian gfs in public :no:

Actually its pakistanis who are notorious for marrying polish girls for citizenship in britian, there was a documentry about it on aaj tv.

What a narrow mind you have no doubt your country is going no where and how in the hell are you living in usa where womens wear bikini are heads of some of the most powerful companies

Back
Top Bottom