What's new

Why aren't there any Liberal Parties in Pakistan?

1)He is innocent. SC was after him for 10 years, but got not a single proof. Our SC is not like your SC where judges have to flee to save their lives.:azn:

2) One of the most idiotic reply.:rofl:

Pyramid of argument

6a00d8341c5a0553ef015390755e91970b-800wi
Brilliant response sir!

How can we assume that scientific analysis are always perfect specially when they change their statements thousands of time? (which is fair as it counts as research and also a rule of science)
Then, don't accept science. Listen to Mullahs.:partay:

Liberalism is an arbitrary term. Though on PDF it is only referred to counter the so called Mullahs people have issues with and whom they cover in with their blanket generalisations.

Fine, I choose a political and social viewpoint that does not let me accept the existence of a race of people. It is my liberal right to do so is it not?

In addition. Locke also profited from slave trade.. should I do the same?

I think the how the question was formed is suspect as well.

The definition of Liberalism has been in flux. John Locke is now quoted by conservatives in America and Europe (Tories) in a free market context.

And there cannot be a western type 'liberal' parties that gives a more progressive social attitudes and be wary of free trade.

Individual pursuit of liberty and happiness. While you may not committ genocide as it violates another Person's right to happiness. Same with the slave trade.

The example of the 13 year old girl, again Human conceptions of sexual relations have always be in flux.

So has notions of liberalism.

I think the right question to ask is, why there are no broad selection of parties. The answer might be that currently lot of parties like the PPP don't see a need to.

They can do that by being the champions of the poor.

This age is not fixed by mullah, but it is fixed by someone right? Who will decide about child's psychology?

This maybe an inadequate response, but usually a culture does. Even when you set the legal age, lack of enforce-ability means that you have child marriages happening in India and Yemen.

You also have to consider whether it is mere sexual gratification or procreation. If 15 year olds get preganant, and give birth, there is medical evidence to prove that there can be damage to the physiology. An example is lancet, where a girl in their teens having to live as a single mother is in most cases is emotionally incapable to do so.

Also in the modern world, our dependency age is elongated through our pursuit of studies. Having a child, and raising it means impoverishment.

I think the age of consent is seen through a complex matrix of cultural sanction, economic dependency and biological evidence.

But relations, consensual happens even outside of this frequently. And the participants quite frequently, have fulfilling lives.

Why is this thread turning from a Political debate into a debate about Pedophilia... Lets stay on topic please.

Oops. didn't see this post.

Last edited:
You mean hedonism... And look where it got the Romans :P

Don't forget overextending themselves Militarily. Attacks by Visigoths, Huns and vandals. Poltical powerplays between Emperor and Senate. Rise of Chrisitianity and the economic downfall.

Complacency usually follows after every empire reaches it's zenith.

I think the how the question was formed is suspect as well.

The definition of Liberalism has been in flux. John Locke is now quoted by conservatives in America and Europe (Tories) in a free market context.

And there cannot be a western type 'liberal' parties that gives a more progressive social attitudes and be wary of free trade.

Individual pursuit of liberty and happiness. While you may not committ genocide as it violates another Person's right to happiness. Same with the slave trade.

The example of the 13 year old girl, again Human conceptions of sexual relations have always be in flux.

So has notions of liberalism.

I think the right question to ask is, why there are no broad selection of parties. The answer might be that currently lot of parties like the PPP don't see a need to.

They can do that by being the champions of the poor.

This maybe an inadequate response, but usually a culture does. Even when you set the legal age, lack of enforce-ability means that you have child marriages happening in India and Yemen.

You also have to consider whether it is mere sexual gratification or procreation. If 15 year olds get preganant, and give birth, there is medical evidence to prove that there can be damage to the physiology. An example is lancet, where a girl in their teens having to live as a single mother is in most cases is emotionally incapable to do so.

Also in the modern world, our dependency age is elongated through our pursuit of studies. Having a child, and raising it means impoverishment.

I think the age of consent is seen through a complex matrix of cultural sanction, economic dependency and biological evidence.

But relations, consensual happens even outside of this frequently. And the participants quite frequently, have fulfilling lives.

Oops. didn't see this post.

It means liberalism mainly depends on culture, it has no particular definition.

It means liberalism mainly depends on culture, it has no particular definition.

Anyway, that is my very imperfect definition.

Decriminalizing Gay sex can be seen as 'Liberal' In Indian cultural context,

But New Zealand has legalised gay marriage.

That is the problem with qualitative, interpretative concepts.

PPP can claim to be liberal, because it supports the rights of the poor or the minorities (I don't exactly know pakistani politics so don't exactly know the stances bear with me).

I think the more important question is? why aren't more diverse set of parties not there?

Anyway, that is my very imperfect definition.

Decriminalizing Gay sex can be seen as 'Liberal' In Indian cultural context,

But New Zealand has legalised gay marriage.

That is the problem with qualitative, interpretative concepts.

PPP can claim to be liberal, because it supports the rights of the poor or the minorities (I don't exactly know pakistani politics so don't exactly know the stances bear with me).

I think the more important question is? why aren't more diverse set of parties not there?

And that detective is the right question.See, all these involved in trying to debate the semantics of liberalism or trying to look for it dont realize the red bit. A woman in a mini skirt in rural India will inspire odd looks... Because that is the defined standard agreed to by the populous there.

Within Pakistan , a liberal may be someone who wishes to legalize drinking and a liberal may also be someone who wishes to rethink the interpretation and implementation of the blasphemy laws. The latter however may vehemently disagree with the former and be branded a mullah by the former whilst he considers the former too liberal.

Defining a political party as liberal or non liberal is in the eyes of the beholder. A Jamaat-e-Islami member may consider the PML(N) too liberal for its views on certain subjects. Does that make the latter a liberal party.

And that detective is the right question.See, all these involved in trying to debate the semantics of liberalism or trying to look for it dont realize the red bit. A woman in a mini skirt in rural India will inspire odd looks... Because that is the defined standard agreed to by the populous there.

Within Pakistan , a liberal may be someone who wishes to legalize drinking and a liberal may also be someone who wishes to rethink the interpretation and implementation of the blasphemy laws. The latter however may vehemently disagree with the former and be branded a mullah by the former whilst he considers the former too liberal.

Defining a political party as liberal or non liberal is in the eyes of the beholder. A Jamaat-e-Islami member may consider the PML(N) too liberal for its views on certain subjects. Does that make the latter a liberal party.

I just had a look at the length of my post. And one thing is clear.

I need a friggin life my friend :D

I just had a look at the length of my post. And one thing is clear.

I need a friggin life my friend :D

Fortunately(or unfortunately) I choose to do my earning from a laptop and hence am able to find minutes and seconds to peek in here.

Fortunately(or unfortunately) I choose to do my earning from a laptop and hence am able to find minutes and seconds to peek in here.

I still have one year left to go on my management degree Hopefully I will finish by 2014.

Then I have to look for a job. Then I have to dodge my parent's matrimonial matchmaking attempts.

Let me simplify things for you since you seem confused about liberalism.

Is it liberal to accept naked women as protest?

Yes.

Is it liberal to respect a religious groups wishes for being tolerated or respect another opinion that the group violates and offends their core beliefs?

In a liberal country.. Ahmedis would be able to call themselves Muslims or Christians or whatever the heck and practice. In a liberal country, i could make up a religion which considers spaghetti to be a prophet and noodles to be a God (with some sidekick god powers given to rice), and be able to declare my new invented religion whatever i want, christian hindu or muslim.

Back
Top Bottom