What's new

Why are Turks so nationalistic?

Truth is Turkey is a much better ally or (big brother) unfortunately major powers dont want us to come too close to eachother, there is a big number of Turks from Serbian descent living in Turkey cooperation between our peoples should be established if its not already there and should be strenghtened further..

I have nothing against cooperation with a Turkey today, after all, what i was talking about is a part of long gone history. For example Turkey and Serbia are building new airport in Serbia, called Morava. And Serbian army Special Brigade as a guest of MAK.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417081284752.178339.44289579752&type=3

you said

One on one or not i just dont like the battlefield part, anyway i have nothing against Serbians or Serbia.

Yes but i was talking about Balkan states, not just Serbia. And we did took our independence on the battlefield, all the battles we had with Turkey are proof of that.

What about us Pakistanis ? :cray:

Nothing for now but we have regular exercises with turkish special units. :D

I have nothing against cooperation with a Turkey today, after all, what i was talking about is a part of long gone history. For example Turkey and Serbia are building new airport in Serbia, called Morava. And Serbian army Special Brigade as a guest of MAK.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417081284752.178339.44289579752&type=3

Serbia and Turkey have nothing but good relations today.

Relations between Turkey and Serbia have reached the highest level in the last years throughout the history of both countries in line with the “strategic partnership” objective. Despite the fact that Turkey and Serbia have no common border, both countries consider each other as neighbours. This represents the confirmation of the shared importance attached to bilateral relations.

Considerable progress has been achieved in the context of bilateral relations as well as in the Turkey-Serbia-Bosnia-Herzegovina trilateral mechanism led by Turkey. This cooperation, which has been closely followed by the international community, constitutes a precedent for relations between regional countries.

Recently, main items in the agenda of the bilateral relations such as Free Trade Agreement, Agreement on the Infrastructure Cooperation, mutual abolition of visas, and launching of TIKA’s activities in Serbia were all finalized during the reciprocal high level visits of Presidents, Speakers of Parliament, Prime Ministers and Foreign Ministers of both countries.

Sancak region, where Bosnians having many relatives in Turkey live, is viewed as “a bridge of friendship” by both countries. The region plays an important role in the context of bilateral relations.

Both Turkey and Serbia endeavour to reflect their developing political relations to other areas, particularly economic and commercial fields in the future.

Relations between Turkey and Serbia / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Because I thought someone here stated that the Serbs never defeated the Ottomans?

El-Turco said

We didn't give you independence but to say that you defeated Turks on battlefield 1v1 is simply not true..

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-photos-multimedia/181182-why-turks-so-nationalistic-12.html#ixzz2eAUbUgvn

He was referring to their War of Independence...which means refering to only one battle not to entire history.

Thats true...The whole Balkan peninsula and even Arab peninsula would/might be different if Turkey-Russia hadnt fight...İts always interesting for me to brainstorm about those issues

For the Bulgarians, Serbs, and even Romanians(though they quickly forgot about it) Russia fought sincerely and willingly. But very often happened that the Russian-Turkish war is not planned in St. Petersburg or Istanbul, but in London or Paris.

Man, That's wrong...all Nationalist people are patriots but not all patriots are nationalist. Unfortunately today in Turkey, there isn't any nationalism. There's ultra nationalism which makes them blind. Almost all the nationalists I've known are blindly nationalist, but they smoke American tobacco, Russian&Italian&Scottish alcohol, drive American cars...etc. Then they talk about nationalism. Myself was an ex-patriot. Now i'm not. And i do hate nationalists by their ideology since I fought them a few months ago over my friend.
it is very easy to comment.........i guess you have less idea about your growth.....trust me what ever be formula your country or people opted .....they are going on right direction .......i am engineer by profession ,my judgement about any country is totally based on their industrial and technological growth...............

yesterday i have visited jakarta trade fair on Electric Power & Renewable Energy ,

i was surprise ,turkey participation has increase a lot......before only Indian and chines use to dominate...............
and this time turkey was giving tough competition to chines in south east market......bro you are doing well

Treaty of San Stefano was was annulled and revised, and and all those countries gain their independence and autonomy at Berlin congress where they were internationally recognized. Maybe i didn't understand well what you were trying to say, because it looked to me like, you were implying that Turkey just like that gave independence to Balkan states, if that is the case, my bad for not understanding what you were trying to say.

No, i wasnt...I was trying to point out something completely different to that whataturkcando guy..Nevermind, sh!t happens :D

Very well said. Honestly, this heavy nationalist element (almost chauvinism) is something what turns me totally off about the Turkish secularism (more precisely Kemalism), even though I don't like Islamism at all.

I would say most Turks are fascists, including most posters here. They despise Kurds for example and refuse to acknowledge the terror and suffering the Turkish state has inflicted on them throughout history, especially since the establishment of the Turkish Republic. Not that Ottoman rule was better, don't get me wrong. The Ottomans were also imperialist bastards and psychopaths. In fact, all empires were, the latest being the Great Satan. 
I even have some family members (nephews and uncles) who hate Kurds and shamelessly support the fascist MHP, i.e. the nationalist movement party. I have argued fiercely with them and told them that they are insane and inhumane. I will NEVER tolerate fascists even if they were my own father or mother.

I would say most Turks are fascists, including most posters here. They despise Kurds for example and refuse to acknowledge the terror and suffering the Turkish state has inflicted on them throughout history, especially since the establishment of the Turkish Republic. Not that Ottoman rule was better, don't get me wrong. The Ottomans were also imperialist bastards and psychopaths. In fact, all empires were, the latest being the Great Satan. 
I even have some family members (nephews and uncles) who hate Kurds and shamelessly support the fascist MHP, i.e. the nationalist movement party. I have argued fiercely with them and told them that they are insane and inhumane. I will NEVER tolerate fascists even if they were my own father or mother.

and i would say you are an ignorant bastard with no self respect.."Most Turks are fascists" lol why, you have interacted with every single Turk and came to that conclusion?...what an ignorant tool

Back
Top Bottom