What's new

Why are Turks so nationalistic?

th_Galatasaray.png

The best of the best of the best :mps:

Oh the Pain !

Mad%20Gorilla.jpg

So

agent-smith-firing-gun-the-matrix.jpg

I dont care about those posts! I ve come accros many anti-turk posts by pakistanis on this forum? Who are they to judge my people, **** them and **** motherfuckingg snitches like u to go to hell with ur pakie friends u asslicking sob

LoL @ this Zenji.

The bold part is the major problem and it's the reason why I said "without its own version of Islam" in my other post. Iran and Saudi can be "muslim nationalists" because both countries have their own versions of Islam. Both countries are net exporters of their own ideologies. Without your own ideology, you become a net importer and that makes you vulnerable (hence the taliban and wahabi islam in Pakistan). Iran can mobilize the country around shia Islam and that could become a source of nationalism itself!!

Pakistan IMO should stop being an "Islamic Republic" and simply stick to its Islamic heritage and build a legacy by adopting a purely secular model. Remember, Iran and Turkey only managed to destroy tribalism through extreme secularism.

Pakistan does have its own Islamic identity, and that is Sufism or Sufi influenced Sunnism.

Maybe those three are not exactly compatible with each other ?

Especially the 'Muslim Nationalist' one. Doesn't Islam actually discourage nationalism ?

I think you mean Tribal Nationalism, yes that is harram, but loving ones nation and striving to for its betterment as long as you don't bash other people and become arrogant extremist nationalists, is okay.

In truth Pakistan is way more diverse compared to Iran or Turkey. Hundreds of different ethnicities, and almost every sect of Islam.

It's funny how our forefathers were way more secular than we are today.

In truth Pakistan is way more diverse compared to Iran or Turkey. Hundreds of different ethnicities, and almost every sect of Islam.

It's funny how our forefathers were way more secular than we are today.

Our forefathers.....? Kinaa dei gaaal kar rei eh ?

Oy Jinnah de zamanay de babay dekho, te aaj kaal una di ulaad dekho.

Yaaar meinun te ulaat lagdaa eh ? My Grandfather and his Father were a pretty religious lot tei mein agoon aaahooo ! :)

Yaaar meinun te ulaat lagdaa eh ? My Grandfather and his Father were a pretty religious lot tei mein agoon aaahooo ! :)

My great grandfather's name was Hussein Baksh and was from J&K area. He was very religious and went to the madrassa of Dehli way back when. He was fluent in Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi. People told me that his voice was beautiful when he used to do the Azan. Despite all of this he never had a problem sitting down with a person of any religion or ethnicity to have a chit chat. His nature was emulated by my grandfather, and my father today.

I try to be the same way, but most of the time Bhartis get on my nerves. I do acknowledge that in the end they are human beings just like us, perhaps misguided, but human beings nonetheless.

My great grandfather's name was Hussein Baksh and was from J&K area. He was very religious and went to the madrassa of Dehli way back when. He was fluent in Farsi, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi. People told me that his voice was beautiful when he used to do the Azan. Despite all of this he never had a problem sitting down with a person of any religion or ethnicity to have a chit chat. His nature was emulated by my grandfather, and my father today.

I try to be the same way, but most of the time Bhartis get on my nerves. I do acknowledge that in the end they are human beings just like us, perhaps misguided, but human beings nonetheless.

Just one question : How the heck did he not know Kashmiri (Koshur) !

P.S Yup...thats true for my Grandfather too he'd talk in the most polite way with some of the most nerve racking people I've ever seen and never once loose his temper ! Baasss yaaar aab aiseee loog kahaan....mein tou bandeee ka sirrr khaaa jaaataaa hunnn jo Jinnah sahib ke khilaaaf baaat karein tou madhab tou bareee dooor keeey baat hai !

Just one question : How the heck did he not know Kashmiri (Koshur) !

P.S Yup...thats true for my Grandfather too he'd talk in the most polite way with some of the most nerve racking people I've ever seen and never once loose his temper ! Baasss yaaar aab aiseee loog kahaan....mein tou bandeee ka sirrr khaaa jaaataaa hunnn jo Jinnah sahib ke khilaaaf baaat karein tou madhab tou bareee dooor keeey baat hai !

He did know Koshur, but since I was talking to you, I thought you would know it's a given.

Great irony is how proudly Pakistanis today praise the father of our nation, and at the same time hate Shias or other sects. There is much work to do to root out this hypocrisy.

Allah swt hates the hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom