What's new

Why are the custom duties so high for importing a car?

Zyzz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
30lakh rupees to import a 1800cc car
That is the double the rate of the car I wish to import.
What caused this and since when have the custom duties been this high?

To discourage people from buying import cars and buy local

Come on, you are crying about Cars, while I am concerned about import ban on Weapons. You know, for the last 7 Years Guns import is banned, and now Glocks, CZ's, Berettas are a rarity to find. Besides that, their prices are more than 4 Lac or 5 Lac!

When import on Guns will be lifted?

Come on, you are crying about Cars, while I am concerned about import ban on Weapons. You know, for the last 7 Years Guns import is banned, and now Glocks, CZ's, Berettas are a rarity to find. Besides that, their prices are more than 4 Lac or 5 Lac!

When import on Guns will be lifted?
CZ rami ki prices dekhoo aaj kal allah maaf karay.bhai khud import ka scene banya tha bus kuch maslay par gaye akhir main

CZ rami ki prices dekhoo aaj kal allah maaf karay.bhai khud import ka scene banya tha bus kuch maslay par gaye akhir main

Those who purchased weapons on/before 2011 were lucky, because prices weren't high and import wasn't banned. In current scenario, I have come to believe that exchange rate of 1 Dollar = 150 - 200 Rupees is going to be fixed standard and will stabilize.

So Exchange rates, plus Taxes, plus import duties and other stories, it has become nearly impossible to purchase a good quality gun for lifetime.

Same is the problem here. I am searching and visiting dealers, but they are catching flies (Makhian maar rhay hein), and though there is a variety of Turkish guns, I cannot find the one I am looking for!

Why you guys need a modern military grade rifle for?

Thanx god i bought stoeger couger back than for 53k NIB.mod tu rami ka tha but my license old book wala from balochistan and very few wanna deal on it btw that time CZ rami was for just 73K still feels the pain :cry:

Why you guys need a modern military grade rifle for?

Khandani shoq keh lu have 222 semi auto bus bhai acha waqt tha woh

Lo bc aur mujhe laga shayad India se jung ki tayyari kar rahe. :/
aray nahi bhai 25 saal sy hai :) aur jab bhi jama kiyaa hamesha giyaa 1946 all expensive shotguns ceased by british raj(honeslty dada ny unhain mirchain bhi tu lagai thi ) phir 1971 huge pile again as father ky shoq khatam nahi hony ky amazing weapons all of it par dekh lu phir bhi nahi sudhray :) but u right those 222 are war weapons type do u check norinco cq 5.56??rage here few years back dont know u will get it or not now

aray nahi bhai 25 saal sy hai :) aur jab bhi jama kiyaa hamesha giyaa 1946 all expensive shotguns ceased by british raj(honeslty dada ny unhain mirchain bhi tu lagai thi ) phir 1971 huge pile again as father ky shoq khatam nahi hony ky amazing weapons all of it par dekh lu phir bhi nahi sudhray :) but u right those 222 are war weapons type do u check norinco cq 5.56??rage here few years back dont know u will get it or not now
Bro, I don't own any gun/rifle. In fact i hate seeing these kind of weaponry in civilians hands. I may sound like a butterfly to you but whatever. :/

Bro, I don't own any gun/rifle. In fact i hate seeing these kind of weaponry in civilians hands. I may sound like a butterfly to you but whatever. :/
Not at all i respect your choice but always give one argument, in our country where gun control not strict like Japan don't give whole advantage to bad peoples who always going to get it and will use it.Use as deterrent and u know deterrent whole purpose is in not using it :)

Another thread hijacked. He is talking about cars and here comes PDF gun nuts starts complaining about how they cant stock up on military grade guns.

They want you to pay 9 lakh and be happy and content with Suzuki mehran

Its not just cars but mobiles are also expensive now to import..

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/mobi...ion-procedure-for-overseas-pakistanis.596742/
That is the money you pay as 'bhatta' tax to the car mafia in Pakistan so they can act as big industrialists.

As fa as I can remember. My dad took a car [Toyota Corolla] in 1988. I forget but I know the car's price had trippled by the time it was collected in Islamanad from a collection point near Peshawar Mor. Huge tax was paid at Karachi port, the port officials took money for clearing the car, the port workers stole the car's ICE. By the time the Toyota Corola arrived in our hands the poor thing had been gouged for money at every turn.

But boy did I not enjoy driving that baby. Compared to most of the local car's what was just a humble Toyota shone like a Ferrari. I got hassled by local Islamabad cops because of the British plates but sifarshi connections saw to it that the challans never went anywhere.

These are coffins. Poor safety regulations and exploitation of the market which is unconstitutional yet the government is toothless in this.

Any business you can think of from water supply to medicine to cars to solar panels to smallest transistors are mafia controlled in Pakistan. This taghuti nizaam must go or the people must go.

Back
Top Bottom