What's new

Why Are South Asians Obsessed with Fair skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the solution then? Fair and Lovely cream?

Indians are obsessed with the fair skin because Indians are not fair skinned. Very sad. But unlike Omar, I would say Indians always try to associate themselves with Europeans by branding themselves Indo-European race. Yes true, but marriages with Dravidians changed their genetic status. Some exceptions can be found. But in general, Kashmiri Muslims are true Indo-Europeans. And thats why Indians dark skinned soldiers try to rape Kashmiri women. Well to do Indian girls go abroad to get company from American Anglo Saxons in order to change their genetic status, though Anglo Saxons do not give them wife's status. Very sad.

Oh mother of God!! What reins in minds of people. Thanks, learned another new things, especially about well to do Indian girls!!!

We should find pride in our achievements rather than in our appearance.

Indians are pretty OK in their skin.

I am not saying that there is no market for skin whitening products in India or that there is a huge variety of people here. In general I am quite proud of the variation of people we have and people don't have a "skin colour" fixation any more than they have "shiny silky dark black hair" fixation. (Look at the sales numbers for Hair Oil / Hair Care products).

The thread was started by a Pakistani dude and then a bunch of other Pakistani's piled in with their views. So what you end up with is a caricature of Indian perspectives, further distorted through a Pakistani prism -and naturally it looks quite ugly. There is no way anyone can defend that.

When it comes to marriages at least education, "family values", relative wealth, religion etc. are much bigger factors than skin colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom