What's new

Why are Muslim nations behind the West and the Far East?

Elta System only helped the AESA radar testing and tested in Israel. After that the testing is conducted by Korean.

South Korea has signed a technology support contract with an Israeli defense firm and has abandoned a plan to build a radar system for its KF-X fighter jet program

not only AESA Radar but also EO Targeting Pod, IRST and RF jammer,

Also French THALES is helping Korean HANWHA and LIG Nex 1 build local expertise by engaging in transfer of knowledge, technology and production

Also Swedish SAAB helped Korean LIG Nex 1 to develop Multi Function Radar software for AESA radars

Also Italian LEONARDO helped Korean HANWHA to develop computer-controlled array antenna system for AESA radars

ELBIT , ELTA , THALES , SAAB and LEONARDO helped Korean HANWHA and LIG Nex 1 to develop AESA Radar , EO Targeting Pod, IRST and RF jammer

India also took AESA Radar ,EW System , Avionic-E/O technologies from Israel and France

Last edited:
No. I am simply asking how can you draw a conclusion based on false quotes pasted on photos? Isn't that similar to the problem you seem to be pointing out? Blindly believing information without verifying if it's true or not?
Are you denying they actually said that?

The Saudi Grand Mufti supposedly said that in 1993.

Zakir Naik often says all kinds of weird things.

Speaking of the mullah factor:

Iran is a theocracy under a 'Supreme Leader'. Yet, Iranis are making great strides in research. Iran is part of the Muslim world.

So is Turkey. It might be constitutionally secular, and yet it's not full of atheists. It's also quite competitive in technology and research.

Someone mentioned Indonesia too; they care enough about religion to persecute their shia minority at a state level, and yet they are also quite competitive on the world stage.

Perhaps this so-called "Mullah factor" isn't that relevant as many people have been led to believe?

Are you denying they actually said that?

The Saudi Grand Mufti supposedly said that in 1993.

Zakir Naik often says all kinds of weird things.
Let me put it this way. Try finding the primary or reliable secondary sources for these. If you can't, that you may realize where I'm coming from.

If you look towards the West like USA, France, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain,

and when you look at the Far East countries like China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Singapore why are we are behind in science and technology?

An intellectual asked why? Because we are not well educated in the hard sciences and social sciences and the academic disciplines.

How many undergraduates, associate degrees, master degrees, and college diplomas graduates do Muslim majority countries produce?

To bridge the gap, we need to learn industrialization, how to improve governance, how to improve the economy, manufacturing techniques, improve standard of living,
improve the reputation of our countries, and agricultural output of our countries.

People are invited to give their views. We are looking for constructive criticism, and not insults.

Regards.
Many people look at science as > Islam hence why Muslim countries are backwards. This couldnt be further from the truth. Look at the Islamic golden age it was very advance in science and medicine its islamic writings which brought about the renaissance in Europe.

To answer your question why are islamic countries so far behind, its very simple take Pakistan as an example. Poor governance, lack of rule of law, high levels of corruption. People leave in these circumstances many intellectuals and others like doctors, scientists, engineers and make a home in the west or somewhere else. This causes a brain drain and you find countries like Pak in a vicious circle always running after their tail rather than looking ahead to fix things.

South Korea has signed a technology support contract with an Israeli defense firm and has abandoned a plan to build a radar system for its KF-X fighter jet program

not only AESA Radar but also EO Targeting Pod, IRST and RF jammer,

Also French THALES is helping Korean HANWHA and LIG Nex 1 build local expertise by engaging in transfer of knowledge, technology and production

Also Swedish SAAB helped Korean LIG Nex 1 to develop Multi Function Radar software for AESA radars

Dude, Defense Mirror is not a good source.

Turkey is also being helped by 100 BAE System engineers in developing TFX

What happen with you cannot think clearly and always want to see Turkey is superior than any body else ?

What about Indonesia , Malaysia , S..Arabia , Egypt , Pakistan ?

Even most of European Countries , Brazil , etc lacks this technology

Turkish Medical Systems
( Ventilator , MR -Magnetic Resonance , X-Ray , Mobil DR Systems , Robotic Systems )

1684667193784.jpeg

1684667180295.jpeg

1684667273421.jpeg

1684667230323.png

Nanografi Nano Technology ... only a few countries in the world
Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene - Borophene Nanomaterials
1684667332634.png

1684667350250.png

Last edited:
Someone mentioned Indonesia too; they care enough about religion to persecute their shia minority at a state level, and yet they are also quite competitive on the world stage.

Nope there is no such persecution. There are many Afghan/Pakistani Shiah refugees in Indonesia and we dont persecute them. They come to Indonesia because they see Indonesian is save for them.

Turkishh Medical Systems

( Ventilator , MR -Magnetic Resonance , X-Ray , Mobil DR Systems , Robotic Systems )

View attachment 930814
View attachment 930813
View attachment 930816
View attachment 930815

Nanografi Nano Technology ... only a few countries in the world
Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene - Borophene Nanomaterials
View attachment 930817
View attachment 930818

All fantastic but I asked you in post# 68 ( page# 5 ) : Which microprocessor has been designed in Turkey ?

Speaking of the mullah factor:

Iran is a theocracy under a 'Supreme Leader'. Yet, Iranis are making great strides in research. Iran is part of the Muslim world.

So is Turkey. It might be constitutionally secular, and yet it's not full of atheists. It's also quite competitive in technology and research.

Perhaps this so-called "Mullah factor" isn't that relevant as many people have been led to believe?

1. "Someone" ( me ) has already asked in this thread : Where are the Irani and Turkish mullah-led space stations ?

2. Forget the Shia in Indonesia, one unspoken-in-West genocide that @Indos also chooses not to speak of, much less condemn, happened in Indonesia against Communists. In 1965-66 about three million Communists, supporters and suspected sympathizers were genocided by Suharto's mullah gangs at the behest of British government ( part of NATO ). This genocide must be recognized and its living enablers and any supporters must be punished or chastized.

Look at the Islamic golden age it was very advance in science and medicine its islamic writings which brought about the renaissance in Europe.

And it was the Deobandi types of then who ended the Islamic Golden Age.

Nope there is no such persecution. There are many Afghan/Pakistani Shiah refugees in Indonesia and we dont persecute them. They come to Indonesia because they see Indonesian is save for them.
I stand corrected. I mixed up Indonesia and Malaysia. My mistake :D

I am not agree on the persecution part

But it is right that Indonesian Government support Islam in Indonesia

We have huge state Islamic Universities and state Madrasah

State Islamic Universities (mostly learning about Islam)

Actually the best school in Indonesia on sciences is State owned Madrasah. I have made the thread before.

Even most of European Countries , Brazil , India etc lacks this technology

HgCdTe , QWIP , InSb , InGaAs quantum Infrared Photodetectors ...
( only The US,Israel,France,Turkiye )
46i4cvln.jpg

Aselsan High Success Multi Precessor CPU Card
gr5mxhux.jpg

Multilayer microwave ceramic technology

xl6pwjj8.jpg

Nano transistor technology based on gallium nitride semiconductor material .....
( only a few countries in the worlds )
kxklqzzg.jpg

9u4p4dyt.jpg

Turkiye has developed semiconductor chip ( only The USA,Germany,China and Turkiye in the world ) .... Turkish Ermaksan is one of the 4 laser chip manufacturers in the world
jh8g95nb.jpg

dfp4lwxd.jpg

Turkiye is 5th country that produce Alumina after the US,Germany,China and Russia

Alumina which is necessary in the construction of very important defense industry vehicles such as domestic Tank, Aircraft,Warships, Missiles,etc
ywev8fel.jpg

Forget the Shia in Indonesia, one unspoken-in-West genocide that @Indos also chooses not to speak of, much less condemn, happened in Indonesia against Communists. In 1965-66 about three million Communists, supporters and suspected sympathizers were genocided by Suharto's mullah gangs at the behest of British government ( part of NATO ).
ooh, I had no idea.

Suharto ji added to list of heroes 🫡

Aselsan High Success Multi Precessor CPU Card
gr5mxhux.jpg

Please stop spamming the thread. This is my third time asking you : Since you post a picture of a "Highly successful multi-processor CPU card" what is the processor used in the card ? Where on the internet may I find the design specifications and innovations of this processor ?

India was so rich under Turkic rule
The Mughal Empire was an early-modern Turkic-Muslim Empire that controlled much of South Asia between the 16th and 19th centuries

but British stole everything from India

cox-gdp-1.png

cox-gdp-2.png

cox-gdp-3.png

cox-gdp-5.png

How Britain stole $45 trillion from India​

Britain drained a total of nearly $45 trillion from India during the period 1765 to 1938
No one speaks Turkish in India or Pakistan. There are small Turkic communities in Afghanistan and Iran. Mughal cannot be called Turkish empire. The Turkics were slave dynasties and the empire was Hindustani. Turkics adopted the language and culture in Hindustan [India], China, Egypt, Iran, and probably Iraq and Syria. Many examples like that. Is Britain ruled by Germans because the royal family is German origin or is Britain today being ruled by an Indian?

Let me put it this way. Try finding the primary or reliable secondary sources for these. If you can't, that you may realize where I'm coming from.
Agreed.

Cosmology​

See also: Orbit of the sun, Geocentric model, Astronomy in Islam, and Apostasy in Islam

In 1966, when Ibn Baz was vice-president of the Islamic University of Medina, he wrote an article denouncing Riyadh University for teaching the "falsehood" that the earth rotates and orbits the sun.[28][29] In his article, Ibn Baz claimed that the sun orbited the earth,[30][31][32] and that "the earth is fixed and stable, spread out by God for mankind and made a bed and cradle for them, fixed down by mountains lest it shake".[32] As a result of the publication of his first article, Ibn Baz was ridiculed by Egyptian journalists as an example of Saudi primitiveness,[33] and King Faisal was reportedly so angered by the first article that he ordered the destruction of every unsold copy of the two papers that had published it.[28][32] In 1982 Ibn Baz published a book, Al-adilla al-naqliyya wa al-ḥissiyya ʿala imkān al-ṣuʾūd ila al-kawākib wa ʾala jarayān al-shams wa al-qamar wa sukūn al-arḍ ("Treatise on the textual and rational proofs of the rotation of the sun and the motionlessness of the earth and the possibility of ascension to other planets"). In it, he republished the 1966 article, together with a second article on the same subject written later in 1966,[34] and repeated his belief that the sun orbited the earth.[35] In 1985, he changed his mind concerning the rotation of the earth (and, according to Lacey, ceased to assert its flatness), when Prince Sultan bin Salman returned home after a week aboard the space shuttle Discovery to tell him that he had seen the earth rotate.[28][36]

In addition, there was controversy concerning the nature of the takfir (the act of declaring other Muslims to be kafir or unbelievers) which it was claimed Ibn Baz had pronounced. According to Malise Ruthven, he threatened all who did not accept his "pre-Copernican" views with a fatwa, declaring them infidels.[37] Ibn Baz wrote a letter to a magazine in 1966 responding to similar accusations:

I only deemed it lawful to kill whoever claims that the sun is static (thābita la jāriya) and refuses to repent of this after clarification. This is because denying the circulation of the sun constitutes a denial of Allah (Glorified be He), His Great Book, and His Honourable Messenger. It is well established in the Din (religion of Islam) by way of decisive evidence and Ijma` (consensus) of scholars that whoever denies Allah, His Messenger or His Book is a Kafir (disbeliever), and their blood and wealth become violable. It is the duty of the responsible authority to ask them to repent of this; either they repent or be executed. Thanks to Allah that this issue is not debatable among scholars.[38][39]

Ibn Baz's second article written in 1966 also responded to similar accusations:

I did not declare those who believe that the earth rotates to be infidels, nor those who believe that the sun moving around itself, but I do so for those who say that the sun is static and does not move (thābita la jāriya), which is in my last article. Whoever says so being an infidel is obvious from the Quran and the Sunnah, because God almighty says: 'And the sun runs on (tajri) to a term appointed for it' ... As for saying that the Sun is fixed in one position but still moving around itself, ..., I did not deal with this issue in my first article, nor have I declared as infidel anyone who says so.[34][40] Western writers subsequently have drawn parallels between their perception of Ibn Baz and the trial of Galileo by the Catholic Church in the 16th century.[41]

Ibn Baz is often said to have believed that the Earth was flat. Author Robert Lacey says that Ibn Baz gave an interview "in which he mused on how we operate day to day on the basis that the ground beneath us is flat ... and it led him to the belief that he was not afraid to voice and for which he became notorious."[36] Though satirized for his belief, "the sheikh was unrepentant. If Muslims chose to believe the world was round, that was their business, he said, and he would not quarrel with them religiously. But he was inclined to trust what he felt beneath his feet rather than the statements of scientists he did not know."[36] According to Lacey, Ibn Baz changed his mind about the earth's flatness after talking to Prince Sultan bin Salman Al Saud who had spent time in a space shuttle flight in 1985.[42]

However, Malise Ruthven and others state that it is incorrect to report that Ibn Baz believed "the earth is flat"[35] Professor Werner Ende, a German expert on Ibn Baz's fatwas, states he has never asserted this.[33] Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî calls those that attribute the flat earth view to Ibn Baz "rumour mongers". He points out that Ibn Baz issued a fatwa declaring that the Earth is round,[43][44] and, indeed, in 1966 Ibn Baz wrote "The quotation I cited [in his original article] from the speech of the great scholar Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allah be merciful to him) includes proof that the earth is round."[38]

Lacey quotes a fatwa by Ibn Baz urging caution towards claims that the Americans had landed on the moon. "We must make careful checks whenever the kuffar [unbelievers] or faseqoon [immoral folk] tell us something: we cannot believe or disbelieve them until we get sufficient proof on which the Muslims can depend."[36]

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom