What's new

Why APPLE products are made in China but not in USA

There are three main reasons that make China more cost-effective than any other country:
1. No labor unions with easily replaceable labor force
2. Better mass productions capabilities than anyone else
3. Raw materials/scrap metal availability

Is that anything to be proud of ?

The ariticle means how many persons like you describe you could find?
Workforce is relevant to the amount of work. If the job needs 100 people, simpler logic would be to go for people who will work on less pay. The unemployment rate in US is increasing, the type of workforce you are describing can be obtained well in US.

Workforce is relevant to the amount of work. If the job needs 100 people, simpler logic would be to go for people who will work on less pay. The unemployment rate in US is increasing, the type of workforce you are describing can be obtained well in US.

Frankly,US has the capacity to some extent if US could lead the policy.But that doesn't mean any country..When we invest some projects,we must consider their capacity..Not just consider if their salary is lower or not.In Aisa,a lot of countries is with lower wages for common workers.But that doesn't mean the investment could be more and more.Some Indian members said Chinese common workers is with lower wage than Indian's,I want to know how much is the salary of your common workers.I am a salesperson in a small factory.I have some customers in Panipat Haryana India and we also send our workers for installation,commissioning and trainning there.Frankly to some extent,I know a little about the gap between our worker and Indian worker about salary level,proficency and profession.I also know if it is easier to find a good engineer or worker in some countries.Or else,those people will not pay our workers 50 usd per day to run a simple machine.

Pretty much yeah.
They make things you wear and use.

Why not be proud you're helping the world.

No american would like to do such crap jobs ! They should be thankful for the opportunity we gave them

No american would like to do such crap jobs ! They should be thankful for the opportunity we gave them
its mutual benefit.. chinese companies help american companies stay in competition.. nobody owes anybody 'thank you note'.

Anyway, I am waiting for an american dude to say 'Indians speak best English, which is why call centers are in India'... :p:

Frankly,US has the capacity to some extent if US could lead the policy.But that doesn't mean any country..When we invest some projects,we must consider their capacity..Not just consider if their salary is lower or not.In Aisa,a lot of countries is with lower wages for common workers.But that doesn't mean the investment could be more and more.Some Indian members said Chinese common workers is with lower wage than Indian's,I want to know how much is the salary of your common workers.I am a salesperson in a small factory.I have some customers in Panipat Haryana India and we also send our workers for installation,commissioning and trainning there.Frankly to some extent,I know a little about the gap between our worker and Indian worker about salary level,proficency and profession.I also know if it is easier to find a good engineer or worker in some countries.Or else,those people will not pay our workers 50 usd per day to run a simple machine.
Steven my point is not to prove that skill level is absent in China, India or Pakistan, all i am saying is that if you can find two same level skilled persons with one ready to work at lower wage, who would you consider? This is simple HR at work.
Tim Cook tried to make a point that the only reason to utilize chinese workforce is their skill is gross representation of the truth, wages are equally important along with skill. I am just stating that.

There are three main reasons that make China more cost-effective than any other country:
1. No labor unions with easily replaceable labor force
2. Better mass productions capabilities than anyone else
3. Raw materials/scrap metal availability

add Pollution
this commercial kicked off the start of all the offshoring. People stepped back and were horrified as to what the country had turned into.

Team USA | Page 49

Last edited:
Oh yeah, no repurcussions for pollution is a big boost for a factory's income.

What people fail to understand is even if the cost to build an iPhone in China grew 5000% it still wouldn't be built here. They'd just find another country to build it in.

We are still dealing with the long term effects of out of control manufacturing.
In 1980 laws were passed to reverse it and clean up the horrible mess.
List of Superfund sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

image.png

Someday China will have their own map like this...and it isn't going to be a pretty picture. China’s soil pollution: It’s much worse than you think - Fortune

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom