What's new

Why an Indian threat to Pakistan is a myth

I doubt Pakistan was involved directly with the Mumbai Attacks , it was most likely some Kashmiri rebel group

I doubt Pakistan was involved directly with the Mumbai Attacks , it was most likely some Kashmiri rebel group

Ajmal kassab doesnt look kashmiri..may be those north eastern rebel groups the new children of ISI?

But these attacks could only be carried out because the ISI had a huge support base in India in the shape of organisations like the Students Islamic Movement of India, Indian Mujahideen, Ahle Hadith and the Tabiligi Jamaat. When bereft of this kind of support in its own country, the ISI has moved from
blunder to blunder.
The credibility of the author can be gauged from the statement that he is oblivious to the ground realities of the fact that any spy agency conducting espionage will ultimately tap into and utilize any and all resources available in the targeted country hence no big disclosure here. As for the blunder banter, one assumes the article was written before the RAW oriented fifty most wanted list was issued or was it before a dozen guys parked a boat outside India gate.

But how do they manage to brainwash such a large segment of the population with this fallacy when the facts are clearly stacked against them ?

Two reasons.

Because experience tells me that we're such a gullible people. We believe the lies our 'leaders' tell us. What else can explain the crowds these corrupt politicians continue to muster at rallies?

Coupled with the gullible mindset is also the total love of conspiracy theories and a siege like mentality. This mentality simply exudes "the Indians are against us and want to destroy us".

I've had it from my cousins in the villages, those from the cities that are fairly well educated also.

When a nutjob like Zaid Hamid is seen as a beacon of hope, truth and justice for many, then you can begin to comprehend the delusional mindset that smothers our nation.

Two reasons.

Because experience tells me that we're such a gullible people. We believe the lies our 'leaders' tell us. What else can explain the crowds these corrupt politicians continue to muster at rallies?

Coupled with the gullible mindset is also the total love of conspiracy theories and a siege like mentality. This mentality simply exudes "the Indians are against us and want to destroy us".

I've had it from my cousins in the villages, those from the cities that are fairly well educated also.

When a nutjob like Zaid Hamid is seen as a beacon of hope, truth and justice for many, then you can begin to comprehend the delusional mindset that smothers our nation.

Anybody who says that Pakistan does not face any threat from india needs to see a psychiatrist instead of talking about 'delusional mindset'. Yes, many in Pakistan are gullible or else they would not elect a certified crook as their President.

Anybody who says that Pakistan does not face any threat from india needs to see a psychiatrist instead of talking about 'delusional mindset'.

Do I think India will attack Pakistan tomorrow? In the next 6 months? A year or two from now? Absolutely not. Why would they? For what reason and purpose?

Let me see who has a cause to feel threatened, and where the legitimate threats have emanated from in recent years. I can think of a few instances:

1. Kargil - 1999 (Pakistan initiated)

2. IC 814 Hijacking - 1999 (Pakistani militants involved)

3. Indian Parliament attack - 2001 (Pakistani militants involved)

4. Mumbai - 2008 (Pakistani militants involved)​
Yes, there is a threat of war because history tells us so. But looking at the above, it seems to me that the only threat between the two nations seems to arise from Pakistani state and non-state actors.

If anything, India has every right to be on the defensive given our sponsoring (direct and indirect) of these monsters who now rein havoc within our own society.

Pakistan needs to go all out for peace with India. Crush these militants, stand up against the raging mullahs who wish to impose their way of life upon others, and invest in education rather than war.

Indians aren't the enemy, however our lack of introspection most certainly is.

Do I think India will attack Pakistan tomorrow? In the next 6 months? A year or two from now? Absolutely not. Why would they? For what reason and purpose?

Let me see who has a cause to feel threatened, and where the legitimate threats have emanated from in recent years. I can think of a few instances:

1. Kargil (Pakistan initiated)

2. IC 814 Hijacking (Pakistani militants involved)

3. Indian Parliament attack (Pakistani militants involved)

4. Mumbai 2008 (Pakistani militants involved)​

Yes, there is a threat of war because history tells us so. But looking at the above, it seems to me that the only threat between the two nations seems to arise from Pakistani state and non-state actors.

If anything, India has every right to be on the defensive given our sponsoring (direct and indirect) of these monsters who now rein havoc within our own society.

Pakistan needs to go all out for peace with India. Crush these militants, stand up against the raging mullahs who wish to impose their way of life upon others, and invest in education rather than war.

I wish people in Pakistan would gave thought in the same line. Unfortunate! :(

1.Let me narrate a story I heard from Maj Gen Majidul Huq, PA/BA. He is from the IMA-PMA Course which in India is called Independence Course. He went to Delhi to attend the Golden Jubilee get-together of the Course. He was a BD cabinet minister at that time. PA officers also attended. Perhaps this Course produced 13 generals in IA.

2. During the speech session everyone talked of the happy good old days and how they missed each other,etc. An IA Gen was the last to speak. He congratulated the BD and Pak officers for having mily or mily dominated govts in their countries. And then he said, unless and until there was mily rule also in India, there would never be peace in the subcontinent. He argued, the politicos had wanted the divide and want the acrimony to continue - so that they can thrive.

3. That, of course, was an outburst of frustration. But can you argue with the logic of the old soldier?

Of course this is a delusion. Fact is that India has 80% of its military on Pakistani borders, and 100% of it's offensive assets. That's after Pakistan only has 100,000 troops on Bharati borders.

I agree with the author with regard to India's capability to defeat Pakistan - they can not. However, the intent part is debatable. They clearly have the intent and this is displayed by the deployment pattern of their army - most of it, including their strike corps' are deployed against Pakistan. Baghal mein churi - mun mein ram ram.

1. Kargil - 1999 (Pakistan initiated)

2. IC 814 Hijacking - 1999 (Pakistani militants involved)

3. Indian Parliament attack - 2001 (Pakistani militants involved)

4. Mumbai - 2008 (Pakistani militants involved)​

Dude, why so much self-pity? Do you see any remorse from Indians for supporting Mukhti Bahni? All of them play it up and say that it was the right thing to do. You see how proud they feel about creating Bangladesh. So why these double standards? Why should we not at the very least try to return the favour back by supporting Kashmiri separtists? Obviously they (the bharatis) are full of a double standards and they can't clearly see their hypocrisy when they criticize Pakistan for supporting Kashmir and Khalistan movements. But you should be able to see through their garbage.

Btw, don't fall for the bharati nonsense that the groups that we were supporting are now attacking us. That's the bubble they live in where they've deluded themselves into believing many things that suits their worldview. When did we support TTP? When did we support BLA? When did we support LeJ?

TTP is more or less CIA creation, which was confirmed from the fact that they give shelter to TTP in Afghanistan and how Raymond Davis was in contact with TTP.

As for Bharat not being a threat, what exactly does 100% of their offensive resources being on Pakistan border mean? I am not sure what they can do with that other than start a full-fledged war. Surgical strikes certainly don't demand all that.

As for Bharat not being a threat, what exactly does 100% of their offensive resources being on Pakistan border mean? I am not sure what they can do with that other than start a full-fledged war. Surgical strikes certainly don't demand all that.
Answer is simple... If we didn't have our men and resources at our border Pakistan would have attempted several kargil's through out the LOC and IB. India must and should counter Pakistani threats along the IB by investing in more technologically advanced military and intelligence equipment.

Its 66% if i recall.
Pakistan is the only evergreen military threat out there.
last example being Kargil.

Back
Top Bottom