What's new

Who needs to down the FGFA?

You're getting emotional here. Russia will sell you anything if you can come up with the money. That's India's current relationship with Russia

LOL. Whatever makes you feel better.

Why don't you ask Russia to sell you some Nukes then ? :P

Russia is not Soviet. ...russians only care about money n India is just a money cow for jv!

Unlike you who do not care about money but only about "patriotism" :lol: ............. so what is the climate like in la-la land ?

You're too pesimistic....
No...bro!!! im frustrated. ...delay....delay. ..delay!!!!

Unlike you who do not care about money but only about "patriotism" :lol: ............. so what is the climate like in la-la land ?
WTF dude....you ran out of arguments??

There is a buzz in the air about New Delhi’s intentions of shooting down the 2007
agreement with Moscow for the joint development of fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) or at least put it on the hold to generate the funds for financing the Rafale deal with France.
This makes no sense,AMCA was/is already on hold,this one cant be scraped or put on hold. It sound more like a conspiracy article,would take it with a pinch of salt.

I would but then I'd have to get a launch vehicle and a bigger place to launch it. Plus I'd need fighters to protect my launch vehicle and nukes. I'm a bit strapped for cash right now. But I'm sure I can put some scratch together in the next couple of months. :partay:

@RKO who gave you another -ve rating,yesterday i say it was -2 o_O

What the hell is going on?????
Why present govt is behind billion dollar MMRCA project??????
When Rafale starts rolling out into IAF squadrons, at the same time even PAK FGFA & LCA MK2 would start getting inducted into IAF.
TEJAS MK2 acts as MMRCA and FGFA ll be 5th generation fighter which is much needed to counter both China and Pakistan.
Even it ll help in the development of indegenious 5th generation fighter AMCA.
What Sir Karnad has told is really a superb idea and even they can invest much more on AMCA unless wasting it on MMRCA project

We can not have so much reliance on Russia. Thats simply suicidal. One important reason we need MMRCA is for diversification.

Not true. Russia is a friend who shared with us Akula, a nuclear sub, helped us build Arihant a nuclear sub, Brahmos one of the finest missiles of its class.
The list is LONG, the trust between Indians and Russians is truly deep. The trust between US and India is shallow.

Gorshkov, T90 TOT, Mig spare parts quality ... its not always the smooth sailing you are projecting. No denying the fact that they are our best partner, but they are also building a very strong partnership with China too. Risk management says NO to over reliance on one country.

I think this article is preaching to the choir.

No serious analyst in India thinks otherwise. Russia is still the most reliable partner India has though that is not saying much. US has better tech. but it comes with LOT of strings attached.

This means India will have to continue to balance relation between Russia and US as it did in the past. Nothing has changed.

You might be quite happy placing both your balls in Russian hands. Other Indians are not.

AMCA is the future and we MUST invest in it. MMRCA is the present and future. LCA is the past and present.

Already we have done that mistake long back when we had
I think this article is preaching to the choir.

No serious analyst in India thinks otherwise. Russia is still the most reliable partner India has though that is not saying much. US has better tech. but it comes with LOT of strings attached.

This means India will have to continue to balance relation between Russia and US as it did in the past. Nothing has changed.

You might be quite happy placing both your balls in Russian hands. Other Indians are not.

AMCA is the future and we MUST invest in it. MMRCA is the present and future. LCA is the past and present.

You like people i mean your thinking has already led to invest multi-billion dollars for mig,sukhoi,mirage,jaguar planes.
Long ago once the same Hal with the help of Dr.Kurt had built a plane Marut if u remeber about this plane.
But due to Indian politics further development were not made.
So even if today u say Tejas is past and present we are making the same mistake which we had did long back.
So Tejas shouldnt be past and present it should be present and future.

what autonomy? HAL was still begging for Russinas to send in their experts to assess / fix blank mfd screens during flight on SU30's.

I said to the autonomy level not total autonomy ..

India can fix problemsin su 30 mki, in case Russia delays , but that won't be the case for pak fa..

Already we have done that mistake long back when we had
You like people i mean your thinking has already led to invest multi-billion dollars for mig,sukhoi,mirage,jaguar planes.
Long ago once the same Hal with the help of Dr.Kurt had built a plane Marut if u remeber about this plane.
But due to Indian politics further development were not made.
So even if today u say Tejas is past and present we are making the same mistake which we had did long back.
So Tejas shouldnt be past and present it should be present and future.

I agree with you that Tejas should be the future too, but end of the day govt. has to listen to IAF too.

We can not have so much reliance on Russia. Thats simply suicidal. One important reason we need MMRCA is for diversification.

If they are

Gorshkov, T90 TOT, Mig spare parts quality ... its not always the smooth sailing you are projecting. No denying the fact that they are our best partner, but they are also building a very strong partnership with China too. Risk management says NO to over reliance on one country.

Is INDIA not making defence ties with America,Vietnam,France?????
That doesnt mean we are leaving off Russia as a great partner.
Like wise even Russia after getting out of Soviet Union it also needs some economy.
Thats it what is the relation between China and Russia.

let's just assume the Pak-FA/FGFA happens and is a great 5th gen plane, but wouldn't you worry about the Russians stiffing you again with high costs for spare parts??

Well---at least the Russians don't impose sanctions on their partners.

I agree with you that Tejas should be the future too, but end of the day govt. has to listen to IAF too.

Even if u sign MMRCA its not prudent as i hv already stated it ll get inducted at the same time when T Mk2 &Fgfa starts getting inducted.
Tats the 1point
Second point is think about the inefficient HAL.
It is saying it can role out very few Tejas per year.
Now what about Rafale,Tejas,FGFA????
All 3 at once????
I dont think so...

Well---at least the Russians don't impose sanctions on their partners.
so? we are the sheriff you do bad you get sanctions. hopefully we are past that with India since they are going to play a very important role in the area.

:p::p:

Russia not caring what others do is a plus but shady work,price gouging, and shitty customer service doesn't make up for that :coffee:

still I like Russia weapons and systems :sniper:

Indian guys, don't do this stupidity. Russia is more than just a weapons supplier, if you ditched It...you are going to regret it in near future...cz We are waiting.

So pakistan will do $30bn dollars deal with Russia .. lol what a joke.

Russia don't give free aid weapons like US or China, so don't waste your time :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom