What's new

Who needs to down the FGFA?

let's just assume the Pak-FA/FGFA happens and is a great 5th gen plane, but wouldn't you worry about the Russians stiffing you again with high costs for spare parts??

Fair point. But what are India's options? There are three 5th gen aircrafts available in the next decade. One belongs to China, one to US and one to Russia. So their options are get it from their main rival, get from the US with very little transfer of technology and lots of strings attached or go with an unreliable Russia. So they're making the best of a bad situation.

Not true. Russia is a friend who shared with us Akula, a nuclear sub, helped us build Arihant a nuclear sub, Brahmos one of the finest missiles of its class.

The list is LONG, the trust between Indians and Russians is truly deep. The trust between US and India is shallow.

If you look at the timeline, most the things you've mentioned are from the late 90s and early 2000s. India paid for the completion of Akula that's why it has it. India and Russia are drifting apart. The trust is no longer as deep as it used to be on either side. They don't trust India to buy everything from them and India doesn't trust Russia to protect its interest like the Soviet Union did.

yeah...now go back to ur cave... I will call u when there is another delay!!!!

As long as cretins like you are around to superimpose your inferiority complex on my nation, I have no intention of going back to me "cave". You can expect more humiliation for your efforts.

As long as cretins like you are around to superimpose your inferiority complex on my nation, I have no intention of going back to me "cave". You can expect more humiliation for your efforts.
u r actually in the cave now...u cant accept the reality!! delusional kid!

let's just assume the Pak-FA/FGFA happens and is a great 5th gen plane, but wouldn't you worry about the Russians stiffing you again with high costs for spare parts??
That's the enduring problem with Russian manufacturers - lack of spares and their astronomical costs. The IAF gets its MiG spares from the open market! :(

If you look at the timeline, most the things you've mentioned are from the late 90s and early 2000s. India paid for the completion of Akula that's why it has it. India and Russia are drifting apart. The trust is no longer as deep as it used to be on either side. They don't trust India to buy everything from them and India doesn't trust Russia to protect its interest like the Soviet Union did.

INS Arihant happened only a few years back. Brahmos Mk 2/3 are under joint development. There is talk of leasing Akula -2.

We aer partners in FGFA. Where do you see the trust faltering ?

As India grows stronger the relationship will change to accommodate the changing realities. That does not mean the trust is dented or no getting deeper. It only means its evolving.

India trust INDIA to protect its interests. Not Russia or US. You seem to be confused.

u r actually in the cave now...u cant accept the reality!! delusional kid!

The good thing about an open forum I get to strip you naked :lol: ...... meanwhile you continue to rant about "caves".

INS Arihant happened only a few years back. Brahmos Mk 2/3 are under joint development. There is talk of leasing Akula -2.

As India grows stronger the relationship will change to accommodate the changing realities. That does not mean the trust is dented or no getting deeper. It only means its evolving.

India trust INDIA to protect its interests. Not Russia or US. You seem to be confused.

You're getting emotional here. Russia will sell you anything if you can come up with the money. That's India's current relationship with Russia

Russia is not Soviet. ...russians only care about money n India is just a money cow for jv!

Well, seriously, even our own companies can charge high for spare parts. That is the capitalist economy my friend. Everyone want a cow to milk.

Back
Top Bottom