What's new

Who is the best commander in Pakistan history?Anyone knows

Yups. As usual, throughout the history of our motherland, people have been exclusively judged on their personal religious beliefs rather than their love of country.

We have assured our own destruction, we just can't see it yet. This nation will never understand that country comes first, religious beliefs are not even a distant second.

If General Akhtar Hussain wouldn't have been replaced and he would have been supported by the higher command, at minimum AJK would have been lot bigger than it is right now. Who knows Kashmir issue would have been solved by now.

There have been excellent commanders otherwise, but very few at the top whose names can be counted off as AVM Asghar Khan, AVM Mushaf and Gen Karamat. There were other leaders in the PN as well but it must be understood that in most of the time when Pakistan was under dictators; toady's were the call of the hour and not professionals. Hence there have been little in the way of true leadership and mostly sycophantic suckups that have led Pakistan's forces as commanders.

That trend has not ended today either.

Well, maybe 1%. I have a plan myself. The day I come to power, I'm going to excavate his grave, pass the remains through a powder making device, use it as additives in dog food, and give the cans free to all the pet-owners in Islamabad & Lahore... :devil:

@Hyperion; that will just cause a lot of dogs to suffer indigestion......

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, duh! If you eat your own kind what happens? Besides, I do want the doggys to take it out of their system, poor things.... imagine it becomes part of their body? Then I'll end up seeing him in every dog of the country.... LOL..... :devil:

@Hyperion; that will just cause a lot of dogs to suffer indigestion......

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been excellent commanders otherwise, but very few at the top whose names can be counted off as AVM Asghar Khan, AVM Mushaf and Gen Karamat. There were other leaders in the PN as well but it must be understood that in most of the time when Pakistan was under dictators; toady's were the call of the hour and not professionals. Hence there have been little in the way of true leadership and mostly sycophantic suckups that have led Pakistan's forces as commanders.

That trend has not ended today either.

How do the Indians, Chinese, Bengalis & Iranians fare in this regard ?

Chinese - Not so better ! :blink:

Are you sure ? Why ? How ? :undecided:

The 80's to 90's weren't good times for them in terms of military corruption and general lack of military current-ness.. just as they weren't for us.
Not to say that there wasnt good and honest leadership in the Chinese military but they were working on ancient concepts. As with all large and powerful military that have lots of political connections there is corruption within them simply because the CPC also has corrupt officials. Good leadership can only try to erase the disease which many are doing so out there.

In my opinion Air Marshal Asghar Khan

He is lucky he is not Court-Martialed...

If I were to pick one best guy ever, it would have to be Air Marshal Nur Khan

I have served in Pakistan Armed Forces and I can't think of a Single General , Admiral or Air Chief Marshal that I can respect ( except Air Marshal Nur Khan).

The reason for this lack of vision and professionalism is simply a corrupt system of Promotions.

In Pak Army for instance every body who stays in the Army makes it to the rank of Major ( in roughly about 10 years commissioned service).

Most make it to Lt. Colonel rank. Beyond that it is purely on the basis of Selection. If you are not selected you may be promoted to the rank of Full Colonel and that is the end of your career.

However, if you are selected you bypass the rank of Full Colonel and become a Brigadier General ( One star General) and after that all future Promotions are based on Selection Process.

This SELECTION PROCESS is rife with Corruption of all sorts including Nepotism, regional favoritism etc. but most of all a Cancer in Pakistani Armed Forces called TC or Khushamad.

A Pakistani officer learns this ART OF TC from day one at the Academy. The rough equivalent for Pakistani Term TC in American slang would be the term " BROWN NOSING ".

So only best of the BEST BROWN NOSERS make it beyond the Rank of Lt. Colonel and the Generals in Pakistan Armed Forces are World Class BROWN NOSERS.

If Brown Nosing was an Olympic event, Pakistani Generals, Admirals and Air Chief Marshals would win Gold, Silver and Bronze.

With this decadent system, you cannot expect quality General Staff in PAKISTAN ARMED FORCES.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom