What's new

Who are Sri Lanka’s close allies?

Well I would ask here, why you came to such a conclusion?
Its not a cascading effect; rather this will be an isolated and bleak remark.
SL for sure is India's ally, but I would rather disagree with you last line.
long live, survive; but don't deprive others to the lest my friend.

lol...every nation bordering India thinks that they are too vital for India's future....if they fall then India goes(as per skyline -two posts earlier...)......while its actually it is in their best interests to maintain good relations with India.....

China, Russia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India..........so many!

(If something happens to Sri Lanka that's the end of "India", India knows it. ;) )

how????and if something happens to tamils then it will be end of lanka???;)

(If something happens to Sri Lanka that's the end of "India", India knows it. ;) )

so you say india is an ally and say that if something happens to sri lanka its the end of india both at the same time :s
anyways if india wanted to destroy or rule srilanka it would have done it a long time ago,since it didnt do it it is not interested in doing it

Off course........a strategic analyst like yourself must know all these..........can you also tell us about the results of the UN inquiry?!

If something happens to Sri Lanka, like what ? Tsunami, hurricane ?? Man, come out of your delusional world ! do you think the countries you mentioned really care about you ?

Perhaps this kind of attitude is what is pissing India's neighbors off?

You have hit it on the nail, jdme.

This kind of attitude has been displayed by Indian Politicians i.e. We are the biggest kid on the block and as long as you little fellows get in line and follow orders , you will be okay.

Sovereign nations dont like this kind of attitude. This is why even countries like Nepal ( 95 % hindu ) resent Indian hegemony, not to mention Sikkim, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and of course Pakistan.

I mean no offense.

I Think Lanka good allies............
Pakistan,china, Bangladesh and Pakistan ..

You have hit it on the nail, jdme.

This kind of attitude has been displayed by Indian Politicians i.e. We are the biggest kid on the block and as long as you little fellows get in line and follow orders , you will be okay.

Sovereign nations dont like this kind of attitude. This is why even countries like Nepal ( 95 % hindu ) resent Indian hegemony, not to mention Sikkim, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and of course Pakistan.

I mean no offense.

You have to learn geography all over again. Sikkim is a state of India. And Bhutan is a protectorate of India.

I thought this thread would have been opened by Indian or Pakistani and Sri Lankan members would answer. Not the other way round.

Only Sri Lankans can answer this question. :) Who do they see as a friendly country?

Anyways @topic I think China, Pakistan [Only because of China] and India till certain extent. Plus India-SL relations would only improve now that LTTE is gone.

well, I knew I'll get a lot of responds from Indian members here for the comment I've made above. I don't want to go much deeper to explain it, India has some kind of fear about x country.

well, I knew I'll get a lot of responds from Indian members here for the comment I've made above. I don't want to go much deeper to explain it, India has some kind of fear about x country.

Oh I dunno... The way I see it your "x" country is pretty tied up at the moment.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Oh I dunno... The way I see it your "x" country is pretty tied up at the moment.

What does India's fear about x country have to do with Srilanka's allies ??

Back
Top Bottom