What's new

While India builds a statue, China opens world's highest bridge to traffic

correction for my last post, the India bridge is only 9.15 Km in length, not 25.8 km; I re-read the title, it is NOT WRONG, it stated that longest bridge "OVER THE BRAHMAPUTRA" in Asia, since there are NOT many bridges over the Brahmaputra, therefore, I don't doubt it is the longest over the Brahmaputra river.

China tanked, while India is rising.

Riiiight, and India will be a superpower by 2020?

correction for my last post, the India bridge is only 9.15 Km in length, not 25.8 km; I re-read the title, it is NOT WRONG, it stated that longest bridge "OVER THE BRAHMAPUTRA" in Asia, since there NOT many bridges over the Brahmaputra, therefore, I don't doubt it is the longest over the Brahmaputra river.

A 9.15 km bridge with only two lanes takes almost SEVEN YEARS to build? WTF? This must be the legendary Hindu speed, much like the Hindu rate of growth.

I want to know too!

Oh wait, I know the answer!

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam

By PTI | May 02, 2008, 05.13 PM IST
UDHAGAMANDALAM: Former President A P J Abdul Kalam today lauded ISRO's scientists for successfully launching the PSLV-C9 to put 10 satellites in orbit.

Besides, the Chandrayaan-I unmanned moon mission by the year end would add another feather in the country's space programme, Kalam, here to participate in a school function, said.

India has become very advanced in space technology, he said, adding the country would become a superpower by 2012.

"Though I have envisioned India to become a superpower by 2020, the attitude and the confidence of the youth, to conquer everything in the right spirit, would make the country a global leader and super power within five years," Kalam told reporters.

Oh wait, I know the answer!

India to become superpower by 2012: Kalam

By PTI | May 02, 2008, 05.13 PM IST
UDHAGAMANDALAM: Former President A P J Abdul Kalam today lauded ISRO's scientists for successfully launching the PSLV-C9 to put 10 satellites in orbit.

Besides, the Chandrayaan-I unmanned moon mission by the year end would add another feather in the country's space programme, Kalam, here to participate in a school function, said.

India has become very advanced in space technology, he said, adding the country would become a superpower by 2012.

"Though I have envisioned India to become a superpower by 2020, the attitude and the confidence of the youth, to conquer everything in the right spirit, would make the country a global leader and super power within five years," Kalam told reporters.
so, you said India is already superpower? may be their definition of superpower is different from mine. lol

As of 2016, the main table includes 132 statues of height 30 m (98 ft) or taller. The countries with three or more entries in the list are,

Country Number of statues

China 35
India 21
Japan 20
Taiwan 10
Malaysia 4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_statues

Now coming soon :
http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/chenab-bridge-jammu-kashmir/

Chinese have the surplus $$$ to build statues- afterall, the world's longest(e.g Great Wall), biggest and tallest buildings are or were all in the Sinosphere. The chinese take it as a self-pampering for all the hardwork done in having built up the infrastructure(and still continuing) for their economy.

On the other end, even as India's dirt-poor, slum-living citizens are resorting to chewing grass and gnawing treebarks to satisfy their hunger, their governement are instead, prioritising on building a 'beautiful' statue in the middle of the sea. *facepalm*

Live in slums of India's 'richest city' Mumbai
mumbai-slums-1.jpg

slum-mumbai.jpg

4273736203_b490fcfc56_b.jpg

india-beggars-home-2010-8-21-7-40-56.jpg

images

main-qimg-a174c36a94e1b5632083051cd5d54375-c

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom