What's new

Which plane will Delhi pick for $10 Billion 126 plane bid?

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Which plane will Delhi pick for $10 Billion 126 plane bid? Any comments?

most probably it would be rafale . true 4.5 gen aircraft cheapest to fly and logistically similer to mirage 2k ( which iaf loves )

the fanboys have the right to say even EF-2000 if they want to but in reality FA-18 will likely win the order.

f-16IN, I saw this discussion on one of the defence programs. Most of the panelists lked f-16n. Just to tell you guys, F-16N is by ar the most advanced version of f-16 ever produced.

f-16IN, I saw this discussion on one of the defence programs. Most of the panelists lked f-16n. Just to tell you guys, F-16N is by ar the most advanced version of f-16 ever produced.

thanx for the info....the f-16IN is not produced yet it will be ...

FA/18..Although I hope they choose F16 over F18 because SuperHornet is much bigger threat then F16IN

I dont think they will go for the f-16IN!

Rafale for sure if chosen on basis of capability and price as well as TOT.However i expect order of both Rafale and F-18 S/H which has excellent weapons even if full ToT wont be given.
Eurofighter too expensive even if it can super cruise W/O afterburner,
F-16IN even if superb is unlikely to be chosen as Pak already has great experience with F-16 and not full TOT,
Grippen unlikely as it is neither so advanced and also has american components so TOT problem,
Mig-35 is good but then IAF will be too much dependent on Russia however ToT wont be a problem.

It is a politico-military dcision i think..the contract is too big for only one aspect to be loked into..they wil choose rafael if they want a real gud figher without getting either US or Russia upset.Gud experience with mirage plus no spare problems r other advantages.
F18 if they got lots of money n ve definitely decided in favour of long tern pro US policy.
F16 s also a runner because of the no of doles Lockheeds is giving with it..proven in battle too but we have it too..India wil probably want to play one up.
I think it will be rafael

Rafael by logic is most perferd place with TOT and Asea but anything can change with kick backs and political compulsion combined with old allies,but no chance for American planes as they have too many strings attached that we can learn from our beloved friend Pakistan as far as MiG 35 is concerned its same in the league of su-30MKI we still have too many migs in our closet. EF is very expensive bird but doesn't surpass Rafael in any field as Gripen is concerned its just American F16 by another name still field test in summer and i think some will be disqualified as they have given yes to all parameter required by air-force but haven't got the capability to deliver by summer.

I wouldnt rule the american planes out so fast..US has got strings attached but if u ook at the spate of acquisitions there has been more n more stuff entering India from US or their client state Israel..The trend s in their favour certainly but on a purely military basis rafael will win... or perhaps F18..hope they get mig 35 or more jaguars may be...

I wish that India goes far Americans because after this we have EU market and we can argue with Russia for Su-30, even we can ask them they allow us to purchase J-11 from china.

Whole regional balance of arms is disturbed by India :devil:

Back
Top Bottom