What's new

Which Job is better Lecturer as BPS-18 or Assistant Engineer as SPS-08?

well in SPS-08 job i got house hiring and medical benefit also as a federal employee i have access to federal employees benevolent fund which can help me in children education but on the bad side due to saturation chances of promotion are limiting day by day
whereas in UET if i serve more than 5 years then my children will be eligible to get admission in uet on special criteria of faculty but even if i will be able to get PhD i still have to publish papers throughout my career

yup MS Mechanical
NDC my friend.
There are a lot of practical work there and it will be better for your future prospective. UET cannot provide you sophisticated lab work and components for practical like NDC.
I am Electrical Engineer by profession and in my opinion Lecturers/professors who have no practical experience and handson cannot provide better concepts.

My first thread, sorry if i have done anything wrong

It will be very helpful if anyone can guide me to make this decision
i have two options for Job
Lecturer (Phd in progress) as BPS-18 grade net pay 70k
Assistant engineer as SPS-08 net pay 60 plus with medical benefit and house hiring
As I am a Deputy executive engineer, I will suggest a Assistant Executive Engineer..to get respect as well as lot of black money...lectureship is also good as a white collar job with very less promotion options and other benefits.

Thank u thank u so much everyone for ur kind suggestions they means alot and will be helpful in making my decision
NDC my friend.
There are a lot of practical work there and it will be better for your future prospective. UET cannot provide you sophisticated lab work and components for practical like NDC.
I am Electrical Engineer by profession and in my opinion Lecturers/professors who have no practical experience and handson cannot provide better concepts.
indeed yes i do lack this thing on hand practical experience also our labs are not modern enough like foreign counteries have million dollars labs

Thank u thank u so much everyone for ur kind suggestions they means alot and will be helpful in making my decision
indeed yes i do lack this thing on hand practical experience also our labs are not modern enough like foreign counteries have million dollars labs
There is a huge gap between Industry and University for manufacturing, innovation, production and research. In NDC you can continue your PHD and even for upcoming projects you can also get professional trainings time to time from abroad. NDC also provides opportunities to publish research papers etc.

There is a huge gap between Industry and University for manufacturing, innovation, production and research. In NDC you can continue your PHD and even for upcoming projects you can also get professional trainings time to time from abroad. NDC also provides opportunities to publish research papers etc.
well thats very beneficial for some to learn grow and share expertise, indeed i will lean towards this option

well thats very beneficial for some to learn grow and share expertise, indeed i will lean towards this option
Best of luck Dude. We need talented Engineers like you in defense sector to promote indigenous production of military hardware without external help.
One day we will provide sophisticated technology and products to other countries. InshaAllah.

Best of luck Dude. We need talented Engineers like you in defense sector to promote indigenous production of military hardware without external help.
One day we will provide sophisticated technology and products to other countries. InshaAllah.
InshaAllah

Go for an SPS pay scale, they are much better than BPS. SPS scale jobs are usually high talent requiring jobs plus there is always potential for promotion.

My first thread, sorry if i have done anything wrong

It will be very helpful if anyone can guide me to make this decision
i have two options for Job
Lecturer (Phd in progress) as BPS-18 grade net pay 70k
Assistant engineer as SPS-08 net pay 60 plus with medical benefit and house hiring
Dont go for SPS job. Kion keh pta tu aapko job chorhnay k bad chalyga...perhaps the worst jobs to join. Go for uni job. Sab hara hai wahan.

Defintely go for the engineering role.

1. You will get practical experience.
2. There is the possiblity of using that experience to get other jobs in the same company or in other companies.
3. You can always become an academic later on in life, nobody wants a 40 year old assistant engineer.

Financially the engineering role is the wiser one to go for, unless you are dedicated to being an academic (this post would suggest you are not).

well in SPS-08 job i got house hiring and medical benefit also as a federal employee i have access to federal employees benevolent fund which can help me in children education but on the bad side due to saturation chances of promotion are limiting day by day
whereas in UET if i serve more than 5 years then my children will be eligible to get admission in uet on special criteria of faculty but even if i will be able to get PhD i still have to publish papers throughout my career

My personal experience in conducting courses, where I have trained instructors, is that practical experience, and ground realities, are a must for an academic. Bookworms, with little practical experience, rarely change a thought process.

When, at some point in life, you do decide to become an academic, do make sure first, that you, not only have the knowledge, but the practical experience to make a difference. That is how you do justice to your job.

At this crucial juncture in life, I would advise you NOT to become a "Lecturer." Focus on gaining practical knowledge, as well as finishing your Phd.

Writing papers, even after you have completed your Phd, will require you to sacrifice family time, and that wouldn't be fair to them. Do keep in mind that one of the most important things you can give your children, is "TIME."

I have said the above, with the best of intentions. I hope you will consider it seriously.

Best Regards & May Allah guide you, and make the decision you take, be the best for you and your loved ones.

Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom