What's new

Which Country Drinks the Most Alcohol?

Edison Chen

Reaction score
Country
China
MI-CE694_WALCOH_G_20140822161213.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/articles/alcohol-which-country-drinks-the-most-1408705249?mod=e2fb

Belarus is completely sh1t-faced drunk. LOL, I only drink around 3 liters a year at most.

Huh, I thought China would consume more, but I guess the higher latitude of Europe really did affect things.

Never been to Belarus, but I have been to Moldova. They take vodka to a whole new level. They seemed to handle it really well as well.
South Korea is a bizarre one, they love the Soju, drinking midweek seems to be the norm. It was strange seeing businessmen dressed in suits passed out on benches at 6am on a wednesday morning.

Never been to Belarus, but I have been to Moldova. They take vodka to a whole new level. They seemed to handle it really well as well.
South Korea is a bizarre one, they love the Soju, drinking midweek seems to be the norm. It was strange seeing businessmen dressed in suits passed out on benches at 6am on a wednesday morning.

I think a lot of that has to do with stress and pressure. East Asia in general is quite fast paced and that create a lot of mental pressure.

Alcohol in moderation is quite healthy for people.

While that is technically true, the self-discipline required to remain in moderation doesn't come easily. It is way easier to go from "moderate drinking" to "rampant drunk". Personally, I believe that it is way easier just don't drink alcohol at all than try to remain moderation.

Back
Top Bottom