What's new

Which Book are you reading

Which books you have already read? (good to see people visiting this thread.)

The suspect by L R Wright
The name of the game was murder by Joan Lowery Nixon
Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan
Psycho by Robert Bloch
The kidnapping of Christina Lattimore by Joan Lowery Nixon

There are more but I don't remember at the moment.

The suspect by L R Wright
The name of the game was murder by Joan Lowery Nixon
Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan
Psycho by Robert Bloch
The kidnapping of Christina Lattimore by Joan Lowery Nixon

There are more but I don't remember at the moment.
That's impressive. My venture did not go beyond Dan Brown and few from Robert Ludlum though.

anyone read Ayn Ryand s fountain head n Atlas Shrugged?

Hi,

One of the most fascinating things that I learnt was that Genghis Khan won many of his battles through employing terror tactics employed in the past conquests---.

After a certain stage in his conquests---one of his 'shaman' gave him an idea to spread terror in the heart of the enemy----.

When he would surround a city fortification----a large white tent would go up on day one----which gave out a warning---lay down your ams and open the gates and the city will live---on day two---a red tent would go up---which meant all the able bodied men will be killed but the women children and older men spared----on day three if the city has not surrendered by then---a black tent would go up---which meant that all in the city would die and the city would be plundered---.

Another interesting thing about Genghis Khan was that his enemies under-estimated his strengths, all the time. They just simply could not bring themselves to believe what he was capable of and how well trained his armies were. The resulted in the demise of a many civilizations.

Genghis khan only understood power and strength----weakness, kindness, forgiveness had no place. He appreciated that in his enemies and colleagues---alike.

I agree with you on his brutality but in my opinion his administrative and governmental skills are far too underrated, I read some where (maybe a book or documentary) that he has ran a very efficient empire

* The secret diaries of Hitler's doctor

* The Alchemist

* Cloud Atlas (The Novel)

203-NobleLifeOfProphet_3d1.jpg

I just started this yesterday I am on first volume
In this book, the events of the Prophet's life, from the day he (S) was born and even before that day for background information-until the day he (S) died, have been recorded.

Beyond enumerating the events of the Prophet's life, lessons and morals from those events have been drawn to point out the significance of an event and the wisdom behind the Prophet's actions or deeds, the Islamic ruling that is derived from a particular incident, and the impact that a given event should have on our character or choice of deeds is indicated.

Apprenticed to a Himalayan Master : A Yogi’s Autobiography by Shri M .

Just finished Duma Key by Stephen King.started another one by same,The skeleton crew.

203-NobleLifeOfProphet_3d1.jpg

I just started this yesterday I am on first volume
In this book, the events of the Prophet's life, from the day he (S) was born and even before that day for background information-until the day he (S) died, have been recorded.

Beyond enumerating the events of the Prophet's life, lessons and morals from those events have been drawn to point out the significance of an event and the wisdom behind the Prophet's actions or deeds, the Islamic ruling that is derived from a particular incident, and the impact that a given event should have on our character or choice of deeds is indicated.
Got this from Mecca last year,very nicely done ,easy to read and understand.

Right now on my reading list.

Foundation series by Isaac Asimov.

Short story collection by Anton Tchekov

Three plays by Sophocles

On my future reading list.

Works by Camus.

Back
Top Bottom