What's new

Where's the beef? Indians don't want to know

Pork curry sounds absolutely gross. I'm not saying this as a Muslim, because Pork smells awful to me as does Chicken. Even if I was a non-Musim I could never find pork or chicken desirable.

I would however like Hindu members to explain the importance of the cow and why some do not eat it in their religion, with an unbiased reasoning, rather than twisting their beliefs around like I've experienced debating the issue with many Hindus.

Well the reason Indians did not eat cow was because it made economic sense.
Since the Rig veda period,when Aryans settled down , they realized they can live better if they just use the cow , there used to be even wars over Cows,

And If you kill a cow you will not feel hungry only for a day or two, but if you dont kill it and just use it for milk , and the cow dung as fertilizer, then it will service you for over a decade

Pork curry sounds absolutely gross. I'm not saying this as a Muslim, because Pork smells awful to me as does Chicken. Even if I was a non-Musim I could never find pork or chicken desirable.

Believe me Ham is absolutely delicious.

I would however like Hindu members to explain the importance of the cow and why some do not eat it in their religion, with an unbiased reasoning, rather than twisting their beliefs around like I've experienced debating the issue with many Hindus.

Economic and Religious reasons.

Well the reason Indians did not eat cow was because it made economic sense.
Since the Rig veda period,when Aryans settled down , they realized they can live better if they just use the cow , there used to be even wars over Cows,

And If you kill a cow you will not feel hungry only for a day or two, but if you dont kill it and just use it for milk , and the cow dung as fertilizer, then it will service you for over a decade

Mautkimaut, can you provide me links so that I can increase my knowledge, rather than have you spend a lot of your time for questions that I might have?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Believe me Ham is absolutely delicious.

Economic and Religious reasons.

I guess you like it, but I think it smells nasty.

Mautkimaut, can you provide me links so that I can increase my knowledge, rather than have you spend a lot of your time for questions that I might have?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I am a vegetarian , trust me All Non Veg smells Nasty....

Read Cattle in religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

It is not much detailed but should give some idea
I guess you like it, but I think it smells nasty

Please don’t spoil other peoples appetite, chicken is nice but only if it’s halal and properly cooked.

But we in family mostly prefer a Rooster /Cockerel etc

You any idea how long it takes to prepare, wash, properly cook a cockerel????????

Can you cook at all????? i have cooked a cockerel before and we have it once a week….

We have a halal chicken farm near by that’s run by a white Muslim couple, just go there and sacrifice a chicken/Cockerel or have it delivered at your thing.

But what’s worse is when so called Muslims eat pork and then pray go afterwards in a mosque….

Peace

Sorry guys, religion or not when it comes to food I don't care what I eat as long as it pampers my taste buds....

Please don’t spoil other peoples appetite, chicken is nice but only if it’s halal and properly cooked.

But we in family mostly prefer a Rooster /Cockerel etc

You any idea how long it takes to prepare, wash, properly cook a cockerel????????

Can you cook at all????? i have cooked a cockerel before and we have it once a week….

We have a halal chicken farm near by that’s run by a white Muslim couple, just go there and sacrifice a chicken/Cockerel or have it delivered at your thing.

But what’s worse is when so called Muslims eat pork and then pray afterwards in a mosque….

Peace

I am an ethnic Punjabi/Villager/Farmer. We have a chicken farm that contributes at least something to the country. I don't know what you mean by cockerel, but we definitely have desi moorghi and if you like chicken hats off to you. I was simply giving my opinion of the meats that I like. But I would like to say there is lots of disease in Pork and Chicken. While having a chicken farm, my cousin became very sick and his health became that of a dying man rather than the built tank he used to be. Also pigs are known to be the most disease reinforced livestock ever. Look at this as in terms of Health, because nobody is going to stop eating chicken and pork on my account.

Most people in my village don't eat chicken because they feel it carries disease. I can only assure you with a farming background, but until then will hope for scientific facts.

Btw, these arguments have nothing to do with the fact that I think the two meats are horrible in taste to me, but It's not like I'm suggesting ban. Again, EACH TO HIS OWN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an ethnic Punjabi/Villager/Farmer. We have a chicken farm that contributes at least something to the country. I don't know what you mean by cockerel, but we definitely have desi moorghi and if you like chicken hats off to you. I was simply giving my opinion of the meats that I like. But I would like to say there is lots of disease in Pork and Chicken. While having a chicken farm, my cousin became very sick and his health became that of a dying man rather than the built tank he used to be. Also pigs are known to be the most disease reinforced livestock ever. Look at this as in terms of Health, because nobody is going to stop eating chicken and pork on my account.

Most people in my village don't eat chicken because they feel it carries disease. I can only assure you with a farming background, but until then will hope for scientific facts.

Btw, these arguments have nothing to do with the fact that I think the two meats are horrible in taste to me, but It's not like I'm suggesting ban. Again, EACH TO HIS OWN.

Btw, I've never eaten pork in my life. Only smelled it in cafeterias and such in Schools and Hospitals. I don't find it appealing personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
though Pork meat is responsible for a kind of worm and contains too much cholesterol but chicken is free from disease... If it contains disease like bird flue just kill it...

Another interesting thing I forgot to mention. My family in Punjab believes cow and bhakra gives you power, and not chicken. This is not based on science either, but I just wanted to share the information. Also I am not anti-chicken; when I visited Karachi at age 9 there was nothing better than chicken Hyderabadi Biriyani in my eyes. Becoming older and more health conscious,I avoid chicken because of the realities I've witnessed. Again I'm not encouraging people to ban eating chicken, just look at what I'm saying with an open mind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom