What's new

Where Pakistan will end up with Mr. Zardari?

So what's the word, tell me what's ahappenin'...?

Sharif Supporters Take To The Streets-NYT

Another example of that famous Pakistani nat'l unity during times of crisis, eh?

How long for Zardari and are we talking to the Pakistani government which matters in Washington right now?

Hmmm Zardari has vey Cunning personality ... there is something in his mind which no one know except GOD so lets see whats r his plans!!!!.. But the thing we r looking is that Zardari his hacking Pak's Economy

Yes so he can have millions of uneducated villagers to do his bidding as he pleases run all his and his ministers famlands as he wishes netting profit from left right and center whilst destroying the nation from its insides

Is there any chance (taking into consideration the emotions of people) that the SC will reconsider its decision about Sharif brothers OR is it possible, in some way, to challenge the SC decision? :crazy:

i personally dont like democracy and it doesnt not work well in Pakistan because of the corrupt leaders. i think we should have a government based on the quran [much like saudi arabia, but changes here and there for our culture]
i mean democracy is ok but we should set standards for our leaders and stop letting idiots run the office [zardari, sharrif, and benazir wasent good either]
meanwhile the army should take part in politics to save the country

i personally dont like democracy and it doesnt not work well in Pakistan because of the corrupt leaders. i think we should have a government based on the quran [much like saudi arabia, but changes here and there for our culture]
i mean democracy is ok but we should set standards for our leaders and stop letting idiots run the office [zardari, sharrif, and benazir wasent good either]
meanwhile the army should take part in politics to save the country

Well, ruler is more important than the laws. It is implementation what matters at the last.

Having army rule for long time destroys country's reputation and will have many adverse effects.

Wait what??? Inflation was aboust 15-20% in Jan-March 2008, our forex reserves were dying out at the rate of $0.5-0.75 billion per month. Oil prices werent adjusted to reflect global prices. We had a wheat crises, the biggest power shortage in the last 2 decades. Musharraf declared emergency in Nov 2007 with the one reason being "deteriorating economic conditions"
sorry dude, but you can't get away with saying stuff like this, it's called propaganda. musharraf's time period saw incredible and stable economic growth. it's only towards his end, where you saw the lawyers' movement and jahel ignorants running around burning everything after BB died, the economy was affected. yet, it was still resilient, and only a few days after BB's death, the stock market went back up again. that's where Pakistan was declared a "resilient economy", even after political instability thanks to democratic movements, suicide raids, and the death of benazir, pakistan's economy was still growing rapidly.

wheat prices and oil subsidies did not harm the economy, at most it took out a billion dollars from the reserves, but it was still managed properly. that's why we saw the rupee stay stable. the rupee fell only after shaukat aziz left, there's no possible argument you can make on this subject, trust me.

the power crisis has nothing to do with shortage. both govt's, musharraf and zardari, are just giving the public relief with news of power generation. the real problem with loadshedding lies with circular debt. the govt. hasn't paid its bills to WAPDA, which in turn can't pay the power generation companies, and then oil companies, and so on. most of your electricity is lost thanks to both govt.'s incompetence, and so far, the new govt. hasn't really done much to fix it. the new power plants being set up right now, were inked during musharraf's rule, although they are barely going to help.

No they are not, Pakistani awam is f-ing happy about what he has done in Swat, Waziristan, Bajuar etc, how he got Mullah Omar, Baitull-Mehsud etc to put their arms down and become pro-Pakistan is amazing. I like many Pakistani's salute Zardari for handling the situation like he did. Since 2004 it was a genocide in NWFP, everyone wanted it to stop.
you fail to mention that it was the same zardari you're glorifying here who was delaying the peace deal in swat. he only fell in line after increasing pressure from his govt. which is getting tired of his tyranny, even gillani his puppet is getting rebellious. ANP has been pushing this deal for a while now, the federal govt. has only recently agreed.

also, please do not make up the mullah-omer part, he had nothing against pakistan to begin with. he denounced baitullah years ago, during musharraf's rule. second, mullah-nazir and gul bahadur have already had a pro-pakistan stance.

again, please do not lie about this stuff, you are making this up. the swat peace deal has NOTHING to do with baitullah falling in line with the others and dropping plans against pakistan. there was no 'genocide' in NWFP. you know I'm trying hard to ignore rants and propaganda on this forum for a while now, but the one thing I will not tolerate is a lie of this magnitude and blind support for zardari, one of the most corrupt men in the history of man. his rise to power is due solely to deceit and treachery, and the fact that he has become the leader of pakistan, fulfills the prophecies in the ahadith that the worst amongst us will rule us near the day of Judgement.

Last edited:
Is there any chance (taking into consideration the emotions of people) that the SC will reconsider its decision about Sharif brothers OR is it possible, in some way, to challenge the SC decision? :crazy:

The Sharif brothers have the option to appeal against the verdict of the SC however just because what they are currently doing mass protests and damaging property, i don't think can force the SC to reconsider its decision moreover in an event like that, what credibility will be left of the Judges who are already facing a bashing my the lawyers movement.
Also as long as President is there, we can't expect SC to surrender in this particular case maybe another NRO perhaps for the Sharif brothers.

It seems only few people are ready to wait for Mr. Zardari to end his term.But this can dangerously lead towards military law!

As far as economy is concerned, USA is again willing to help Pakistan. But this can adversely affect peace process with Taliban as they won't like it. Also USA will certainly want some 'favors' in return.

Was the time of 'Peace Deal' wrong for Pakistan?

Also, now Sharif brothers being disqualified for the elections, Pakistan is running out of leaders. Even if you wait until the next elections, there won't be much options to chose from.

It seems now destiny is calling Pak Army to take control again!

Well, ruler is more important than the laws. It is implementation what matters at the last.

Having army rule for long time destroys country's reputation and will have many adverse effects.

but pakistan advanced so much in army rule than it ever did
what the hell has democracy done for us
when benazir and shariff came to power the country just started going downhill after that

I think the discussion should be continued taking Lahore 3/3 into consideration.

Comments invited.

Back
Top Bottom