What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

Bengalis suffering from small man syndrome, when someone has nothing better he'll start acting like a lil bitch, a behavior seen in most Bengalis here.

Only a 2 decades ago, Pakistan was per Capita wise richer then both India and Bangladesh despite us being subject to multiple wars with India and disturbance from the western side too.

The present mess in Pakistan ain't gonna survive for long considering the mood among general public. A decade more of a functioning govt, we again gonna surpass our little south asian fellow.

Walk the talk first for talk is cheap. We have heard the talk a lot.

Beware my deshi vai…they can ask loans from u too!!🥶🥶
Hai hai eita to vebe dekhi nai!

The total metro length will be about 120 km and about 20 km will be built underground. Someone can correct me with the correct lengths.
Dhaka metro rail will be 129.9 km for six lines targeted by 2030. Out of this, 68.7 km will be elevated and 61.2 km underground. Currently 11.7 km of MRT-6 line is operational and 40.5 km under construction of MRT-6 and MRT-1 line.

Feasibility study of Chattogram Metro rail project is undergoing. It will most probably be around 70 km in length. These are the only two cities in Bangladesh sufficiently large enough now to warrant Metro rail.

Driving through many areas of Islamabad. Please show me something similar in Bangladesh. When I say the level of wealth in Pakistan is much more it actually shows in the videos.

I can do the same for Lahore or Karachi as well.
These are not that impressive. Islamabad can not be compared with other mega cities of South Asia due to it's small population(1 million) recent founding(1960s) and planned city build on barren land. It is most accurately be called a bureaucratic and diplomatic town.

Only thing I find impressive to look at in Pakistan is DHA and Bahria town in Lahore. Karachi's DHA and Bahria town have good roads, but not much else. Military elites have taken thousands of acres desert land there and built some fancy roads. May be in future, enough rich and middle class people will move there to make those lively towns.

As I said before, Bangladesh's development needs and priorities are not the same as Pakistan.

We need to build multi-billion Dollar worth bridges, which you don't. We need to spend a lot money on flood control and river management, which you don't. We have less mileage of expressway than Pakistan but we have constructed a larger road network in Bangladesh(369,000 km) than Pakistan(264,000 km) despite 1/6th of land area and 30% less population to connect every village with towns and cities.
We electrified 99% percent households with national grid connection. In 2020 this number was 96% in Bangladesh and 75% in Pakistan.

Our 98 percent of children are attending school compared to 56 percent in Pakistan.

There are many such different paths taken by these two countries. So, if you taunt Bangladesh why it does not have anything like DHA and Bahria town, I have no answer.

Last edited:
50 years? Why not 500? I have seen your country dont kid yourself it doesnt look different than Congo. Even Dhakas elite places look meh. No wonder BBS has to make up stats.

With the same population you publish half of scientific articles that PK does , less innovative and the startup culture is less developed than PK. You do make garments in bulk.
You have the audacity to term BD as another poor Tonga. Now, watch the video below to know that the new Tonga will open the Padma Rail Bridge on April 4.

Keep on burning with jealousy forever.

BD will keep on progressing and your country with religious fundamentalism and terrorism will keep on regressing. All countries even China wants to get dis-involved from your Taliban people.

When will you open Sind river bridge? Waiting for that news from your Tonga Republic with $3 billion Forex.

@ThunderCat, watch the video below to know how the New Tonga Republic of Bangladesh is building the Pyra Seaport in the middle point of its coastline.

It will serve BD, Nepal, Bhutan, and probably west Bengal. Don't get jealous. It is very bad for your health. The cost is Tk4,500 crore and 1 Taka means 2.7 Rs of the almost Bankrupt Pakistan.

You have the audacity to term BD as another poor Tonga. Now, watch the video below to know that the new Tonga will open the Padma Rail Bridge on April 4.

Keep on burning with jealousy forever.

BD will keep on progressing and your country with religious fundamentalism and terrorism will keep on regressing. All countries even China wants to get dis-involved from your Taliban people.

When will you open Sind river bridge? Waiting for that news from your Tonga Republic with $3 billion Forex.

BD just had riots related to ahmadiyya where people got killed and another one few weeks back between Muslims and Hindus.

These are not that impressive. Islamabad can not be compared with other mega cities of South Asia due to it's small population(1 million) recent founding(1960s) and planned city build on barren land. It is most accurately be called a bureaucratic and diplomatic town.

Only thing I find impressive to look at in Pakistan is DHA and Bahria town in Lahore. Karachi's DHA and Bahria town have good roads, but not much else. Military elites have taken thousands of acres desert land there and built some fancy roads. May be in future, enough rich and middle class people will move there to make those lively towns.

As I said before, Bangladesh's development needs and priorities are not the same as Pakistan.

We need to build multi-billion Dollar worth bridges, which you don't. We need to spend a lot money on flood control and river management, which you don't. We have less mileage of expressway than Pakistan but we have constructed a larger road network in Bangladesh(369,000 km) than Pakistan(264,000 km) despite 1/6th of land area and 30% less population to connect every village with towns and cities.
We electrified 99% percent households with national grid connection. In 2020 this number was 96% in Bangladesh and 75% in Pakistan.

Our 98 percent of children are attending school compared to 56 percent in Pakistan.

There are many such different paths taken by these two countries. So, if you taunt Bangladesh why it does not have anything like DHA and Bahria town, I have no answer.

Karachi Bahria town is probably the size of Dhaka and you can fit in most BD cities in it. In DHA while its a military built area most of the tenants are civilians.

Lahore as a whole even despite bahria town is much more developed.

Our Universities are some of the best in Asia and far better than BD. Our problem is with enrollment I agree. Institution wise there is alot of difference. LUMS is a top 200 business school , NUST is a top 200 Engineering school and Agha Khan is top 100 in QS rankings for medicine.

Pakistan had $700 Million startup funding last year which is twice as much ad BD got. There is a reason why foreign brands and companies prefer to open in PK and not BD.

We were doing fine till April last year untill the whole Imran khan/military fiasco.

Last edited:
What number of cars are you talking about when you do not have dollars to import fuel? Even for food, you will soon be asking India to supply.

Enjoy the rail link video from Padma Bridge to Gendaria and learn how to develop a country. Watch the normal scenarios around the line. Even with so much stolen BD money to build your Islamabad, it is no match for our natural beauty.

Mass transit like trains and buses is preferred in BD. And it will be supplemented by cars made in Bangladesh at some point in the future.

Which brands? All are Japanese and Korean brands. BD will have enough dollars to import oil when they start marketing the cars, unlike Pakistan.

You want to compare natural beauty in Pakistan and BD? Its like comparing Ferrari to Mehran. You do know some of the worlds highest mountains and landscape is in PK? We have huge diversity in landscapes be it mountains , deserts , sea or culture. Its not monotonous like BD.

You keep saying mass transport is prefered in BD but the buses and public transportation is miles better in PK.

Q Connect Buses
4.jpg
1a.jpg

Have a look at our recent Green Line train service between Karachi and Lahore.

Karachi Bahria town is probably the size of Dhaka and you can fit in most BD cities in it
Karachi Bahria town is 160 sq. km, about 13 times smaller Dhaka metropolitan area. Even this 160 sq. km is mostly empty desert. The land area of a city means little unless there are adequate population and economic activities going on there. There is a city in Australia, more than 95,000 sq. km in size! with a few thousand people. Nobody even know the name of that city outside Australia. Another one is 43,000 sq. km. You can talk about Bahria Town Karachi when it is more than just some wide roads and a few landmarks.

Lahore as a whole even despite bahria town is much more developed.
Outside Bahria town and DHA, Lahore doesn't look developed even by the standard of South Asian cities. Real Lahore can be seen from the windows of Orange line metro of Lahore. Even old Dhaka looks better that this low rise concrete jungle which looks half-finished without any painting or aesthetics.

Now don't tell me, it is only a small part of Lahore. Orange line covers 27.1 km of most important and popular localities of Lahore. It gives the best and widest views of the city unlike anything else.

Last edited:
Karachi Bahria town is 160 sq. km, about 13 times smaller Dhaka metropolitan area. Even this 160 sq. km is mostly empty desert. The land area of a city means little unless there are adequate population and economic activities going on there. Ther1e is a city in Australia, more than 95,000 sq. km in size! with a few thousand people. Nobody even know the name of that city outside Australia. Another one is 43,000 sq. km. You can talk about Bahria Town Karachi when it is more than just some wide roads and a few landmarks.

Outside Bahria town and DHA, Lahore is not developed looking even by the standard of South Asian cities. Real Lahore can be seen from the windows of Orange line metro of Lahore. Even old Dhaka looks better that this low rise concrete jungle which looks half-finished without any painting or aesthetics.
Now don't tell me, it is only a small part of Lahore. Orange line covers 27.1 km of most important and popular localities of Lahore. It gives the best and widest views of the city unlike anything else.

I cant post countless videos which are non DHA or non Bahria town. One look the videos and you instantly notice clear difference on how much cleaner , greener and much more well maintained LHR is compared to any BD city.

I cant post countless videos which are non DHA or non Bahria town. One look the videos and you instantly notice clear difference on how much cleaner , greener and much more well maintained LHR is compared to any BD city.
Sorry to burst your bubble, But I have ignored 36 pages worth of disparaging and ridiculing of Bangladesh. You regularly taunt about how ''sh!t looking'' Bangladeshi cities are and how ''modern and good looking'' Pakistani cities are. So after all these boasting and insulting I gave you a small reality check which triggered you to post tons of good looking roads in Lahore. But do these good looking roads cancel the 27.1 km reality seen from Lahore Orange line??

Truth is, every city has good part and not so good part, even in developed countries. We accept that Bangladeshi cities are not overall good, but you and some of other Pakistani posters' constant disparaging of Bangladeshi cities and glorification of Pakistani cities as the next Dubai or Singapore needed some reality check. Do not throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

It is a case of mistaken identity by this dude.

But its to be expected from some effeminate loser that has spent this god awful amount of time here endlessly starting threads like this one just to get off from the toxicity they generate.
Now I am sure your Bilal masquerading as someone else :p:

Congo? How charitable of you to compare. Congo's got way less pollution, poverty and much more greenery. But that's awfully charitable of you to compare.

But in all fairness, I think sports & entertainment are the only thing they can compete against us in. I'll place my bets there. I am genuine.

Very charitable of you to compare. Those areas are where good potential and chances lie.👍
Please open the link below and read how the civilian PIA plane of a superpower was impounded in Malaysia for not paying $14 million due to buying jet fuel there.

You are so shameless to find Tonga in the east of India when that country lies in the west of India. Very shameless. Now, open the link and enjoy reading it while seeping a cup of tea.

Instead of investing in building industrial plants and industries in good numbers, Pakistan went after many prestige civil engineering projects with borrowed money.

And now its PM visits many Capitals with bowls in hand to borrow money to avoid bankruptcy. But he is not getting any from your brother countries when the Forex holding is only $3 billion.

Last edited:
Karachi Bahria town is 160 sq. km, about 13 times smaller Dhaka metropolitan area. Even this 160 sq. km is mostly empty desert. The land area of a city means little unless there are adequate population and economic activities going on there. There is a city in Australia, more than 95,000 sq. km in size! with a few thousand people. Nobody even know the name of that city outside Australia. Another one is 43,000 sq. km. You can talk about Bahria Town Karachi when it is more than just some wide roads and a few landmarks.

Outside Bahria town and DHA, Lahore doesn't look developed even by the standard of South Asian cities. Real Lahore can be seen from the windows of Orange line metro of Lahore. Even old Dhaka looks better that this low rise concrete jungle which looks half-finished without any painting or aesthetics.

Lahore is clean by South Asian standards. The aesthetics of the buildings is horrible. I thought the formerly East bloc nations were horrible.

Back
Top Bottom