What's new

Where are the retired aircrafts of PAF?

When I visited the PAF Museum in Karachi back in 2003, I saw a long line of retired F-6's parked just next to the museum inside a gated area manned by military guards. Don't know what the place was or whether there are retired planes still parked there.

One Sabre can be seen outside lahore fortress stadium and another one outside National College of Arts (NCA) in lahore.and an F6 at lawrence road.

When I visited the PAF Museum in Karachi back in 2003, I saw a long line of retired F-6's parked just next to the museum inside a gated area manned by military guards. Don't know what the place was or whether there are retired planes still parked there.
That area is part of Drigh Road Base.

One Sabre can be seen outside lahore fortress stadium and another one outside National College of Arts (NCA) in lahore.and an F6 at lawrence road.

The one at Lohore Fortress is CL-13B 1670 while the one near Jinnah Hall is 1728.
The F-6 at Lawrence road is 1610 and it is in my F-6 list as 'China Chowk", where Lawrance road meets with Shahrah-Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat road. On that latter road, just a couple of hundreds of yards away to the Northeast is another F-6 in the courtyard of the Children's Library; that is FT-6 10118.

All are gone, from that area.
I presume a lot are preserved now.

Re the discussion about making drones of them: the Chinese have actually instated several regiments with F-6 drones. Their exact role is unsure, most observers think they are meant as unmanned bombs rather than aerial targets (like the USA use). But, such a program is big and costly and probably not worthwile for Pakistan.

Another, more straightforward and logical role for them could be as decoys. When you litter all the bases with old aircraft on/near the ramps and dispersals, any aggressor would have to look twice and may bomb those unused aircraft instad of the real ones...

The one at Lohore Fortress is CL-13B 1670 while the one near Jinnah Hall is 1728.
The F-6 at Lawrence road is 1610 and it is in my F-6 list as 'China Chowk", where Lawrance road meets with Shahrah-Aiwan-e-Sanat-o-Tijarat road. On that latter road, just a couple of hundreds of yards away to the Northeast is another F-6 in the courtyard of the Children's Library; that is FT-6 10118.

All are gone, from that area.
I presume a lot are preserved now.

Re the discussion about making drones of them: the Chinese have actually instated several regiments with F-6 drones. Their exact role is unsure, most observers think they are meant as unmanned bombs rather than aerial targets (like the USA use). But, such a program is big and costly and probably not worthwile for Pakistan.

Another, more straightforward and logical role for them could be as decoys. When you litter all the bases with old aircraft on/near the ramps and dispersals, any aggressor would have to look twice and may bomb those unused aircraft instad of the real ones...
Great ! Quiet a Log keeper you are.......

Thanks Fledgingwings; yes I really enjoy tracking down those aircraft :-)

To make my research project more accessible to all, I have created a simple website with a Google Map including all locations I have found with preserved, stored or derelict aircraft.

Still cannot directly mail a link; but it can be reached through:

pam.
web44.
net
/en
/Interactive-Map

In the future, I will also try to include thumbnail photographs.

All this information comes from *public sources* (Google Earth, Panoramio, Facebook et cetera) to avoid imparing Pakistan's security.

Explore & Enjoy!

best regards,
Erwin

Per paf history book a5 put in storage ??? May be a few hours or hundred or so left ?? Which can be utilized in case of emergency ???

In dire need, much is possible. But when an aircraft sits still for a while, major maintenance is needed. So it takes quite some resources to keep a fleet of obsolete aircraft potentially capable of resurrection. Besides, about half of the survivors is already preserved whereas others are decoys or scrapped.

On the subject of the A-5: there is one sitting right outside the gate of Risalpur, excuse me, Asghar Khan AB.
It has not been there too long and I cannot find a photograph of that one, anyone?

I have seen a zillion photographs of Mirage '307' down at PAF chowk but not of the A-5. maybe it is too close to the gate and it is not allowed to take pictures?

best regards,
Erwin

Last 20 a5s got life extension may be last 6 acquired with pg and those are in storage just guessing old ones :D get a bamboo and become a decoration :D

52_5026_apr13.jpg

Does anyone know the whereabouts of this beauty?

I am afraid the original one does not exist anymore. However, there is one preserved painted to represent M.M.Alam's aircraft 52-5026 at Mianwali/PAF Base M.M.Alam.

I am afraid the original one does not exist anymore. However, there is one preserved painted to represent M.M.Alam's aircraft 52-5026 at Mianwali/PAF Base M.M.Alam.
What happened to original one?

That, I do not know my friend.

Probably among the dozen or so Sabres that perished without exact serial number details:

w/o 26dec66 FL/LT Abbas ejected safely
w/o 16jun67 FL/LT Naqvi ejected safely
w/o 15jun68 F/O Mehdi ejected safely
w/o 15jun68 S/L Rehman ejected safely
w/o 23apr69 S/L M.A.Chaudhry ejected safely
w/o 20nov69 FL/LT A.lrfan ejected safely
w/o 09jul70 S/L M.Akbar ejected safely
w/o 18jun71 FL/LT Orak Zai ejected safely
w/o 04dec71 crashed due to enemy action FL/LT S.Sajjadnoor ejected safely
w/o 12mar73 A/COM A.R.Yousefzai ejected safely
w/o 07apr73 S/L J.A.Carrapeitt ejected safely
w/o 07may74 F/O Sikandar ejected safely

And I think there are some more on the ejection-history website, hosted in the UK.

On the subject of surviving Sabres, here is my list of all of the Pakistani Sabres I could track down in Pakistan and abroad!

They are in alphabetical order of location (and subsequently by type and serial within that).

Attachments

• Sabres Preserved worldwide.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 29

Back
Top Bottom