What's new

Where are the retired aircrafts of PAF?

For basic capacity building and knowing evolution over time and to make engine of even their level for research

Yes, I understand but I think that much knowledge on these old tech is already abundant, however, what we lack are production facilities. If a few thousand people contribute Rs. 100,000 each, I'm sure we can kick start public level aviation but who is up for that? I'm sure the answer will be "None", and that is real reason we ain't leading anywhere.

they are too expensive as research toys
Many universities overseas have old Commercial Airliners like the 727s and 737s for research and to train their engineering students on how an aircraft functions

FT-5 at Dera Ismail Khan, Kacheri road, prior to its installation:
FT-5 55-2216 Dera Ismail Khan - Kacheri chowk apr16.jpg

These two, a Sabre and an F-6 are now preserved in front of the PAF Air War College at Faisal.
They were installed there this year I think.

I presume the Sabre came from the other side of the road (from PAF Faisal) and the F-6 was the one parked nearby (100 metres to the west) before?

Anyone got better shots of these (sorry for the bad quality, shaky plane o_O)
PAF air war college Sabre and F-6.jpg

These two, a Sabre and an F-6 are now preserved in front of the PAF Air War College at Faisal.
They were installed there this year I think.

I presume the Sabre came from the other side of the road (from PAF Faisal) and the F-6 was the one parked nearby (100 metres to the west) before?

Anyone got better shots of these (sorry for the bad quality, shaky plane o_O)
View attachment 425458

Found a shot of the F-6 outside the Air War College. It turns out to be 1606, formerly stored in the grounds of PAF museum.

F-6 1606 Air War College Karachi 10jul17.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom