What's new

When will Qaher 313 achieve Initial Operational Capability?

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With US F-35 achieving limited IOC in 2016, Iran needs to speed up it's Qaher 313 stealth fighter program. It is understandable that US started it's program decades ahead of Iran so at least 3 to 5 years difference is expected.

With possibility of airstrikes on nuclear enrichment sites still high, Qaher 313 becomes even more vital to Iran's security. Has Iran announced any estimated dates for Qaher 313 achieving IOC?

Last edited:
I don't think that thing can fly, the wings look quite weird. Although I could be wrong too, I am no master in Physics or aero-dynamics.

f313.16.jpg

Iranian-Qaher-313-fighter-jet4.jpg

But maybe with the lifting of sanctions they can sort help from other nations and maybe improve its design.

I don't think that thing can fly, the wings look quite weird. Although I could be wrong too, I am no master in Physics or aero-dynamics.

f313.16.jpg

But maybe with the lifting of sanctions they can sort help from other nations and maybe improve its design.

Quite a tricky airframe...
Even if it worked.
What engine are they going to use anyway

Quite a tricky airframe...
Even if it worked.
What engine are they going to use anyway
Well since the sanctions have been lifted, they can pursue Russian engines. AL-3F can be used or the AL-41 engines can be used.

Answere to question posed in thread title is "never"

f313.16.jpg

Since when a Bangladeshi become an expert on Aerodynamics :lol:

Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mastering the stealth tech is a symbol of country's technological prowess i wish Iranian good luck though they already made stealth drone.

@haman10
@SOHEIL

Since when a Bangladeshi become an expert on Aerodynamics :lol:

Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mastering the stealth tech is a symbol of country's technological prowess i wish Iranian good luck though they already made stealth drone.

@haman10
@SOHEIL

There is nothing common between Su 47 and this one. In any case a forward swept wing form like the Su 47 invites so much load that without super super strong materials the entire wing will just shatter. I don't think Iran has that tech.

:what:
I don't understand why the sections of the wings are swept DOWNWARDS?

There is nothing common between Su 47 and this one. In any case a forward swept wing form like the Su 47 invites so much load that without super super strong materials the entire wing will just shatter. I don't think Iran has that tech.

:what:
I don't understand why the sections of the wings are swept DOWNWARDS?
I never claimed Qahar being a successful stealth design, my point was that Forward swept wing is Aerodynamically Successful.

I never claimed Qahar being a successful stealth design, my point was that Forward swept wing is Aerodynamically Successful.

Yeah but has some serious wing loading. You need some serious materials engineering to achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom