What's new

When Indian football team dominated Asia

Football do not get half the attention and care what cricket get in India . It is true that Cricket is lucrative in India but giving it's population, football can be even more lucrative. IPL is nowhere closer to Serie A or the English Premiership in term of money. However, Football is not popular in every Indian state.

We need to produce 1 or 2 superstar players who go on to play EPL or any other famous league.This could help bring the football fever in India.

It really hurts to see countries like New Zealand qualify and we with such large population are nowhere.

The problem is infrastructure.Many people in this country love the game..but i think as along as the infrastructure is not improved we wont qualify..be it any number of decades.
No Indian player can be signed in EPL untill our ranking comes 70 or better....That is the reason Ssunil Chetry couldnot play for Coventry City (though its not even a EPL Club)and gone to USA. Good to see that India Players like Chetry and Subrata Paul are trying to play abroad...I am sure its going to raise their level.

Another very promising player you must look out is Rabin Sngh from TFA.

Even in 70s and early 80s Indian team did good enough in Asian level. Today there is no guarantee to beat even Maldives. Poor and unprofessional administration has ruined Indian football. And Kolkata- It is finished. There is no Bengali footballer in Indianteam except the Goalkeepers and sometimes Rahim Nabi...........Alas......

My friend is a very talented footballer.Plays for the Jammu and kashmir under 22.He is having a hard time choosing between his studies and his career.And the best part is what his parents say..they say...if you were a cricket player we would have supported you..but football..there is no certainity and you get paid nuts.But its hard to explain to them what passion is.

Another friend of mine plays Ranji..gets paid handsomely..gets supported by his family.So i think its also about how much money we pump into the game.Our stadiums are in poor condition..there are no good coaches at grass root level..the kind of money a young footballer gets is not suffiecent to maintain a good diet and a good kit.All these things have to be looked after.

Its very easy to say that we dont qualify and very hard to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom