What's new

When China Rules the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you take a vacation to Hong Kong, I recommend that you do it during the winter months. :tup:

During the summer, it can get quite hot and humid. That is one reason why I prefer the climate in Beijing and Shanghai. :P

My impression for some Taiwan mandarin: they stutter and the words are very discontinuous. Especially on live interviews, but not TV reporters, because they've been trained.

If you take a vacation to Hong Kong, I recommend that you do it during the winter months. :tup:

During the summer, it can get quite hot and humid. That is one reason why I prefer the climate in Beijing and Shanghai. :P

Beijing has too much dryness and sandstorm and Shanghai has too much humidity and rainy days.

Beijing has too much dryness and sandstorm and Shanghai has too much humidity and rainy days.

But but..Shanghai girls are into foreign Chinese men, just like how American girls have a thing or two for Asian men with a British accent lol.

But but..Shanghai girls are into foreign Chinese men, just like how American girls have a thing or two for Asian men with a British accent lol.

This was a myth created on the Internet and a stereotype, not necessarily true. Only few Shanghainese girls are gold digging sluts, many of them still live with a relatively conservative family background.

There would have some Chinese girls from anywhere in China who are into foreign guys.

This was a myth created on the Internet and a stereotype, not necessarily true. Only few Shanghainese girls are gold digging sluts, many of them still live with a relatively conservative family background.

There would have some Chinese girls from everywhere in China who are into foreign guys.

I was only kidding of course. It wasn't my intention to imply that they are gold diggers or sluts. I guess I should have said that it was based upon my own personal experience not just some cheap form of stereotyping.. :lol:

I was only kidding of course. It wasn't my intention to imply that they are gold diggers or sluts. I guess I should have said that it was based upon my own personal experience not just some cheap form of stereotyping.. :lol:

I know a guy from a poor village of Northern China has married with a beautiful Shanghainese girl who have very strong family values.

Maybe few Shanghainese girls maybe have some discriminating views toward the "外地人", but among the younger generation, they really has became some minorities.

I know a guy from a poor village of Northern China has married with a beautiful Shanghainese girl who have very strong family values.

Maybe few Shanghainese girls maybe have some discriminating views toward the "外地人", but among the younger generation, they really has became some minorities.

Agreed, they are a dying breed. From experience and my general understanding "外地人" gets treated relatively well and commands more respect there.
As said by yourself, there will always be something for someone in China. What happened to me may not reflect the same way on others.

Agreed, they are a dying breed. From experience and my general understanding "外地人" gets treated relatively well and commands more respect there.
As said by yourself, there will always be something for someone in China. What happened to me may not reflect the same way on others.

Generally speaking, the Shanghainese girls may have a strong preference over the Northern Chinese men. :cheesy:

This may be more real than the idea of pursuing "老外“.

Are you from Northern China? :azn: If so you may have a better chance to date a good looking one than the Southern Chinese guy, or even the Shanghainese guy themselves.

Damn CCTV, it was all their fault of always portraying the Northern Chinese guy has strong and masculine, and always bettling us the Southern Chinese guy. :frown:

Southern Chinese should be smart, humorous and civilized, the signs of success in the 21st century.

Southern Chinese should be smart, humorous and civilized, the signs of success in the 21st century.

CCTV seems to be ok with most Southern Chinese, except to stereotype the Shanghainese men in general, hence the infamous norm "上海小男人" was created because of this.

That norm always applied to a guy from Shanghai in their "小品".

Generally speaking, the Shanghainese girls may have a strong preference over the Northern Chinese men. :cheesy:

This may be more real than the idea of pursuing "老外“.

Are you from Northern China? :azn: If so you may have a better chance to date a good looking one than the Southern Chinese guy, or even the Shanghainese guy themselves.

Damn CCTV, it was all their fault of always portraying the Northern Chinese guy has strong and masculine, and always bettling us the Southern Chinese guy. :frown:

I am from guangzhou, but for me I don't think it is the masculine thing. I think it's more so to do with the fact that you are not local and has the ability to speak more than one language makes you standout. Of course personaility and background and looks helps too :P

I am from guangzhou, but for me I don't think it is the masculine thing. I think it's more so to do with the fact that you are not local and has the ability to speak more than one language makes you standout. Of course personaility and background and looks helps too :P

but northen chinese they are taller and stronger, so if some southern chinese girls fall into that type then southern chinese guys are in disadvantage.

i rememer, as i from Zhejiang Wenzhou, south-east part of china, i had a girlfriend who was from Haerbin very northen part of china, when i visited her city, man they are huge`! her family were quite fuzzy about my size and appetite (they eat with 'bucket' rather than those nomal rice plate!!!)

thats one of the reason i prefer northen chinese girls as well coz they are taller paler with longer legs and rounder 'ars*' :P````!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom