What's new

What's your country flag means ...

there is an ancient wall near taxila pakistan and it has ashok wheel carved on it...
its said it was built by king ashok when he was on the throne..
cant find any internet link but i went there to see it.

there is an ancient wall near taxila pakistan and it has ashok wheel carved on it...
its said it was built by king ashok when he was on the throne..
cant find any internet link but i went there to see it.

This is quite likely. Asoka was at one point of time viceroy in Takshashila. The place may well have remained close to his heart, quite apart from being an important city of the empire. While the wheels hint at a Buddhist motif, the lions were Persian in character. Most empires harked back to Achaemenid Persia in some way or the other, except for the Chinese and Japanese empires. It is quite natural that this first historically authenticated empire should have quoted its immediate predecessor in some symbolical form. Perhaps this was it.

joe shearer is this man u?:

Refer post 21.

Balls,

saffron means Hindus,green means muslims and white is peace between them. Ashok Chakra is to avoid it looking like the Italian flag.

You mean a vertical Irish Flag

300px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png

pakistan-flag.gif

green: it means green colour
white: we didnt have enough ink to colour the entore region
crescent: actually its symbol for boomerang, we love aussies
star: its a symbol for ninja weapon which means welike martial arts and we are martial race

draft_lens19099884module156741879photo_1328227826aa-a--a.jpg

Actual20boomerang.gif

anything else??

800px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png

Symbolism: The green field represents Islam , The white strip represents minorities , the crescent represents prosperity for both , Star represents 5 pillars of Islam.

The flag represents Pakistan's commitment to Islam , rights of minorities & following the 5 core values of Islam and prosperity for all citizens without distinction.

yeah right i still remember i had this quiz with many school kids present and international students too.... i was sent to a room and was given one student and was asked if he was indian or not based on any one question.

This was the question i asked and the other student replied 3... i said not indian lolllllllllllllll

another quiz:sniper: for u...tell me the name of the country hold the most likely same flag as of India?

you all guys forget to mention its dimension,,,BTW what does that means:azn:?

Back
Top Bottom