What's new

what's the big deal? Retired UK Pilots took jobs in China

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Britain's Ministry of Defence sent serving Royal Air Force pilots to China to teach a course to their Chinese counterparts and allowed Chinese nationals to study at UK military colleges, Sky News can reveal.

Up to four frontline pilots took part in the 'Aviation English Course' in Beijing that ran in 2016, while at least three Chinese nationals have gone through basic officer training at the RAF's college at Cranwell in Lincolnshire.

The most recent Chinese officer is thought to have attended the college in 2019 - a time when the UK and its closest ally, the United States, under then president Donald Trump, were increasingly concerned about security threats from China.

SEI_129906459-d441-e1666080059305.jpg

the confusing part is that MOD in UK had sanctioned itself some of the crossover training program sending over its serving pilots while hosting Chinese pilots.
I was little surprised by the excessive reaction by UK/US government over the news of some British former jet and helicopter pilots going over to China to train their pilots.
if after retirement there was no restriction over where they live and work then I don't see the harm unless they divulged some sensitive information like workings of their air forces and operational strategies. for that they didn't have to accept contracts and could've simply passed that information remotely.

the reaction of Blowhard Internet warriors of the west is Hilarious who want these pilots executed by firing squad.
terming it as treason is stretching it too far.
if a military pilot has retired and is seeking to earn a living abroad then why is it suddenly so bad?
there is no open hostility with China? there is no danger of all out military conflict with the west.
in my view this is as far as China will go and will only have trade war if at all.

China is still big trading partner with west worth over $500 Billion as per 2020.
the worse so far has been some diplomatic rants or symbolic sea and air patrols.

looks like the west didnt like retired pilots making some cash from China. if they had better prospects in the west then they wont have gone therre.

I can definitely see meself teaching the PLAAF pilots some...'stuff'...:lol:
They not there to teach but tell Chinese all the military doctrine of NATO while NATO know zero of Chinese fighting doctrine. :enjoy:

They not there to teach but tell Chinese all the military doctrine of NATO while NATO know zero of Chinese fighting doctrine. :enjoy:
Hey...If that is what you want to believe...The Brit government is...ahh...'discouraging'... its retired military pilots from taking contracts with the Parade Line Army (PLA)...If you know what I mean by 'discouraging'...:lol:

I know a few Pakistani guys who were part of the program that was setup along with a few Brits, South Africans, Canadians and Germans. They said the Chinese have a long way to go on how to fight as an air force. The ranking system when compared to Pakistani pilots was that in the PAF syllabus what would be considered below average in a fighter conversion unit, is considered close to high average in PLAAF training standards.

As I said before, how do you know that is a proper way for NATO to fight?

I can tell you NATO move a tank platoon across abreast in a build up area, would you trust what I have said and think NATO actually did this and find a way to counter it??

Again, if this is the way you get how NATO fights, then as I said to you before, this is pretty stupid.

I know a few Pakistani guys who were part of the program that was setup along with a few Brits, South Africans, Canadians and Germans. They said the Chinese have a long way to go on how to fight as an air force. The ranking system when compared to Pakistani pilots was that in the PAF syllabus what would be considered below average in a fighter conversion unit, is considered close to high average in PLAAF training standards.
LOL... Typical BS slandering. Same for the VT-4 tank, J-10CE and 054 Type frigate... From from the make up friends or so called close BS nonsense.

I heard from my friend, pilot fighter of reliable source , PLAAF are some of the best pilot in the world,. Far better than USAF elite pilots. :enjoy:

As I said before, how do you know that is a proper way for NATO to fight?

I can tell you NATO move a tank platoon across abreast in a build up area, would you trust what I have said and think NATO actually did this and find a way to counter it??

Again, if this is the way you get how NATO fights, then as I said to you before, this is pretty stupid.
Are you saying NATO doctrine is stupid? :lol:

LOL... Typical BS slandering. Same for the VT-4 tank, J-10CE and 054 Type frigate... From from the make up friends or so called close BS nonsense.

I heard from my friend, pilot fighter of reliable source , PLAAF are some of the best pilot in the world,. Far better than USAF elite pilots. :enjoy:

That's a good angle to hear.

And at times I can't tell if you're serious or not. So my apologies if you didn't like what the ex-PAF guys said at the time.

Don't know about you, but the J-10CE is a great platform, especially for PAF

Last edited:
No, you have to be stupid to believe what people say at face value. That could be a misdirect or could be a trap. They could have been saying that to put you in that regime so they know how you would react when you do face off the NATO

You can't just go ahead and believe anyone said without seriously thinking if that is a trap they are setting you with.

Or are you telling me China will take in anyone who claim they can help with the knowledge processed from the west without vetting them?? Sure, then I have the entire NATO playbook on how combine warfare is conduct, how much are you willing to pay me to come over there and "Teach" your tanker?? LOL

That's a good angle to hear.

And at times I can't tell if you're serious or not. So my apologies if you didn't like what the ex-PAF guys said at the time.
I been here long and enough and witness enough BS from the so called think tank. From BS against VT-4 tank, claiming its garbage and definitely will not be selected by PA while claim back by their so called reliable source close to PA or PA personnel.

To getting slap on their face when VT-4 , not only winning PA mbt tender but is selected as their Haider base project. And I have been one of the pioneer talking about the good quality of VT-4 while the fake source slander against VT-4 tank keep dumping out by slayer and you know what? I have a good source from Chinese engineer real involved in VT-4 project who told me VT-4 will be selected by PA before the Chinese military forum are shut down. Real first hand information on VT-4 on PA mbt tender. Feel free to flip thru the VT-4 tank thread from start to end and see whether I am BS about what I wrote.

Now you try to convince me the same BS about PLAAF pilot without any credible source beside your so called "reliable close associate of ex PAF pilot " ? LOL.. You overseas Pakistanis are saying nothing neutral but purely based on stereotyping and biased feed by you UK media which I dont blame you.

Its more like you only want to hear the good thing instead of real thing. Feel free to prove me wrong with real source instead of the typical make up BS from your so called close associate with zero credibility.

Last edited:
Rambling while drooling from side of the mouth in a senior care home?
No, having a nice Knob Creek after sharing a tomahawk ribeye.

Contractors like these UK pilots usually take their pay up front and usually at 6-figures. Then they deposit their monies somewhere safe. So what make you believe that I will tell you the factual truths about NATO combat tactics?

I been here long and enough and witness enough BS from the so called think tank. From BS against VT-4 tank, claiming its garbage and definitely will not be selected by PA while claim back by their so called reliable source close to PA or PA personnel.

To getting slap on their face when VT-4 , not only winning PA mbt tender but is selected as their Haider base project. And I have been one of the pioneer talking about the good quality of VT-4 while all the fake source slander against VT-4 tank and you know what? I have a good source from Chinese engineer real involved in VT-4 project before the Chinese military forum are shut down. Real first hand information on VT-4 on PA mbt tender. Feel free to flip thru the VT-4 tank thread from start to end and see whether I am BS about the sentence I just say.

Now you try to convince me the same BS about PLAAF pilot without any credible source beside your so called "reliable close associate of ex PAF pilot " ? LOL.. You overseas Pakistanis are saying nothing neutral but purely based on stereotyping and biased feed by you UK media which I dont blame you.

Its more like you only want to hear the good thing instead of real thing. Feel free to prove me wrong with real source instead of the typical make up BS from your so called close associate with zero credibility.
Yes. Two of them. One from 66th GD(P) and one from 70th GD(P). Both contacts are CCS grads and I'm the son of one of the former IPs.

I have no knowledge about the tanks you mentioned so I'll agree with what you said.

Cheers and take care

Viktor Belenko defected to the West via JPN. The book 'MIG Pilot' is a great telling of his life story. As a MIG-25 pilot, he was one rung below the cosmonauts on the 'hero' ladder. And he threw all away. Belenko revealed how the Soviet Air Force would fight.

Now...All China did was offered some retired pilots money for information that China cannot really reliably verify. At least we had the MIG-25 for a few days to examine.

Yes. Two of them. One from 66th GD(P) and one from 70th GD(P). Both contacts are CCS grads and I'm the son of one of the former IPs.

Cheers and take care
Ya ya.. Anybody can make up BS from just random typing. PAF also claim PLAAF will adopt JF-17 into their fleet and guess what....

PAF knows very little about PLAAF and the fact, PAF personnel cant even get 100m close to a J-20, more or less shows PLAAF are secretive about their tech and not to reveal their card in front of foreigner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom