What's new

What year's equivalent of China is India now?

Looks like a couple of decades behind. The catch up phase has started. But there are structural issues.
Education sector is in shambles. Cultural backwardness is being reformed very slowly.

The infrastructure is being developed at a decent pace, though.

A government willing to reform the country is the need of the hour.

Realistically, it would be another 2-3 decades before significant parts of the country modernise.

Japan was way ahead of China in the 80s, what about now? Countries change. Environments change. China is facing unprecedented challenges which will slow it down. Indias system is also adapting and changing. China will likely maintain its lead but the gap will be narrowed.

I agree that pakistan is in terrible shape. Prospects do not look good either. Pakistan has the worst leadership in South Asia.

India is actually gathering great momentum for development and commercial vibrancy and will probably leave Pakistan in the dust in the near future unfortunately. I just see the writing on the wall

It pains me to agree with you even partially but I must partially but and I will not agree wholly, at least not right now. Pakistan had and still has some major pluses. You see: Pakistan is a much more homogeneous State. Less frictions due to much of the population shares the same religion and culture. AND Pakistan, despite all bad leaders, was ahead of India into the 1980s when India after 1947 had more advantages. Heck, even the viability of Pakistan was in question around 1947.

Pakistanis need to realize a few over-arching principles: That the beggars can't be chooses. That the global wealth is still with the West and its allies. That instability is worse than corruption. That economic growth leads to geopolitical options. That the entire political class of Pakistan--inclusive of Imran Khan his party--is borne from the same soil of good and bad.
The way forward for Pakistan is stability. I don't care if even the benighted General Zia ul Haq is back to power for the next 10 years, it's the political stability that's needed first and foremost.

India has a massive population and there are tens of millions of extremely talented people. Yeah it does have great social problems but it’s middle class is growing and all of its socio economic factors are moving up, though obviously slower than China has done but given its massive population, healthy demographics and favorable geopolitical environment, india will be rising as a great power in this generation.

China has productive population while India has useless population.

This is the reason why US companies invest in China not India.

Even slums in China have air conditioners.

Exactly.

Two things worked for China:
1. One child policy for 38 years ensured that no poor is even allowed to be born.
2. Western companies putting money and factories in China.

Now the western companies will be putting money in India. And unlike China, India does not even need 1 child policy as their fertility rate has already dropped to 2.1. India will catch up with China sooner than later.

Different countries

China took advantage of a period of time

That time has now gone and countries and companies will ensure another China does not rise that they are forced to be partially dependent on

Even today Chinese are still superior to the Indians.

This is the reason why Elon Musk fired the India CEO of Twitter and continues to make Teslas in China and not in India.

Now the western companies will be putting money in India.

This is Indians day dreaming.

Americans are not fools to invest in a shithole country like India. They are much smarter.

Two things worked for China:
1. One child policy for 38 years ensured that no poor is even allowed to be born.
2. Western companies putting money and factories in China.

Now the western companies will be putting money in India. And unlike China, India does not even need 1 child policy as their fertility rate has already dropped to 2.1. India will catch up with China sooner than later.
1. No poor people were born in your country.

2. I invest in automobiles, electronics, machinery, and even agriculture in your country.

I guess your country is at least as rich as Vietnam and Indonesia. isn't it?

Even today Chinese are still superior to the Indians.

This is the reason why Elon Musk fired the India CEO of Twitter and continues to make Teslas in China and not in India.

This is Indians day dreaming.

Americans are not fools to invest in a shithole country like India. They are much smarter.
BTW. Tesla needs BYD's battery. China's complete supply chain is urgently needed by Tesla.

1. No poor people were born in your country.

2. I invest in automobiles, electronics, machinery, and even agriculture in your country.

I guess your country is at least as rich as Vietnam and Indonesia. isn't it?
Ahh... that single child commie is back who throws his toy from pram everytime things don't go his way.

1. Poor were and are still are born in my country because we allow it unlike your commie hell hole China.
2. Yes, you do invest in my country and thanks for that but not to the extent and duration of what westerners have invested in your country.

No, my country is not rich but hey, atleast we have loving siblings unlike you.

Thread is about China/India incase your higher IQ self hasn't noticed.

Bye.

There is an American academic study out there that uses satellite imagery to see if GDP growth rates reported by governments are correct. Most totalitarian regimes report 20 to 30 percent higher growth rates. The discrepancy was even higher in Chinas case. They stopped actual growth ( except background growth linked to rest of world ) around 2017. The CCP is lying. Google it if you want to check.

There is an American academic study out there that uses satellite imagery to see if GDP growth rates reported by governments are correct. Most totalitarian regimes report 20 to 30 percent higher growth rates. The discrepancy was even higher in Chinas case. They stopped actual growth ( except background growth linked to rest of world ) around 2017. The CCP is lying. Google it if you want to check.

You sure about that?

Ahh... that single child commie is back who throws his toy from pram everytime things don't go his way.

1. Poor were and are still are born in my country because we allow it unlike your commie hell hole China.
2. Yes, you do invest in my country and thanks for that but not to the extent and duration of what westerners have invested in your country.

No, my country is not rich but hey, atleast we have loving siblings unlike you.

Thread is about China/India incase your higher IQ self hasn't noticed.

Bye.
Your logic is strange. It seems that you think eliminating the poor can make your country rich. And you think controlling the population explosion is "Killing the poor". You want to say that your country is so poor because there is no population control? (Killing the poor)?

and you seem to hate communism (in order to show loyalty to the western masters?)....

Baby. Where do you think your country is better than communist North Korea?

Your logic is strange. It seems that you think eliminating the poor can make your country rich. And you think controlling the population explosion is "Killing the poor". You want to say that your country is so poor because there is no population control? (Killing the poor)?

and you seem to hate communism (in order to show loyalty to the western masters?)....

Baby. Where do you think your country is better than communist North Korea?
I can only pity you if you do not understand the logic behind one child policy and how it ensured no poor were even allowed to be born and every single child were put into western factories to work like a robot 12 hours a day and 6 days a week.

Communism also comes from West.

North Korea, that another and bigger commie hell hole? What about that psychotic country?

Electricity generation correlates nicely with a countries development (GDP).. watch this time laps video..may help with this interesting subject.

I can only pity you if you do not understand the logic behind one child policy and how it ensured no poor were even allowed to be born and every single child were put into western factories to work like a robot 12 hours a day and 6 days a week.

North Korea, that another and bigger commie hell hole? What about that psychotic country?
Let's follow your logic... Now kill all the poor in your country. Let your compatriots work 16 hours a day. Work 7 days a week. This will make your country as rich as Indonesia??? You can answer bravely. Yes or no?

I don't know why you think communist Korea is hell... North Korea: 12 years of free education. Free medical care for life. Free allocation of houses. 6 months paid maternity leave.....

Obviously. Watching too much western news affects your IQ.

If you are only 150cm tall Please don't pretend you are as tall as Yao Ming. okay?

I found members from poor countries very interesting. When will it start. You think South Asian countries don't work 16 hours. Work no more than 7 days a week? And why do you think South Asian countries have not killed the poor as you said?

I guess. South Asian countries may not understand why they are so poor, backward and failed.

Last edited:
Based on the data on production and consumption, the actual living standard of an ordinary person in India is about the same as that in China in the mid-to-late 1990s. This data is embarrassing. It was actually in 1993 that China's GDP per capita caught up with India. In other words, after nearly 30 years of development, India has only dawdled forward for a few years.

is there data on both Koreas? or Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom