What's new

What will it take to defeat racism in football?

Dai Toruko

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Racism in European football is making headlines again, and football watchdog FARE says it's part of a larger trend.

Football fans are members of society. If racism exists in society it automatically makes it way to stadium stands as well. In recent years the far right has become increasingly normalized in most European countries (a global trend really). Growing amount of racist chants are in many ways a mere reflection of this.

I agree with everything @Kambojaric said. John Barnes has said the same - racism in football is just a reflection of racism elsewhere. You hear more about it in football because the goras are drunk and feeling a bit brave, feel anonymous in the crowds and think they can get away with it.

To tackle it in football;
- Large fines for clubs, like £1 million per incident
- referees to talk teams off the pitch - award points to the team who was being abused
- Stadium bans clubs who's fans are regularly racist
- Ban teams including national teams from competitions if they can't get fans in control
- Criminal prosecution and large fines for fans who are caught

None of this will happen. EUFA and FIFA are full of white men who aren't victims of racism. They don't really care - they pay lip service.

Europeans are Racist Savages, if it wasn't for America they would kill each other over dominance over Europe . America was a Blessing for EU and now as Europe is going back to its dark ages and savagery racist life style

Europeans are Racist Savages, if it wasn't for America they would kill each other over dominance over Europe . America was a Blessing for EU and now as Europe is going back to its dark ages and savagery racist life style

Not true. Here in the UK, racism is virtually non-existent. As a matter of fact, GCC Arabs are FAR MORE racist towards Pakistanis than Europeans ever are. Truth is, Pakistanis are treated with respect and decency by White people.

Not true. Here in the UK, racism is virtually non-existent. As a matter of fact, GCC Arabs are FAR MORE racist towards Pakistanis than Europeans ever are. Truth is, Pakistanis are treated with respect and decency by White people.

are you sure?

are you sure?

Very sure. I don't get any racism from White people. Compare how Pakistanis are treated by gulfi Arabs to how well we are treated by White Western European people. Muslims are bigger enemies of one another compared to non-Muslims.

Very sure. I don't get any racism from White people. Compare how Pakistanis are treated by gulfi Arabs to how well we are treated by White Western European people. Muslims are bigger enemies of one another compared to non-Muslims.

you must live in good neighbourhood.

Ummm What? o_O

I have very different experience then what you have stated...

We all belong to one tribe, one race, one ethnic group or clan.

Or all about belonging to a team. Hence why racism is so normal among human beings.

Islam came to destroy racism but you know Humans will be humans we are racist by nature and have always been.

Back
Top Bottom