What's new

What twin engine Jet Fighter Suits PAF Doctrine?

Uncle SAM not giving F-18's to PAF lest it change the "power balance" of the region.

Everyone forgot JH7B ?

@MastanKhan

I have been interested about the JH-7A. I like it's size and range, but the fact China doesn't operate many of them makes me think the J-11 is the better aircraft

Su-35 is the best plane, but India operate the Su-30s they know it's weaknesses and you can argue they are the best flanker pilots in the world

flanker vs flanker India would have the advantage.

it is the response to and on demand from an existing thread where people were telling each other to start a thread.

hence started the debate. what you say maybe right but this can pretty much kill every discussion if we rule out everything.
but for the sake of argument you have to start with something existing. tome J-11 in the 4th generation seems most likely as the eport control from Russia can be amended for Pakistan just like other military procurements and improvement in ties with Kremlin.. J-11 has nothing special to cause concerns like a Mig35 or Su 35 would cause. its essentially an SU27 skeleton with primitive avionics. if for whatever reason F18 can be blocked then F-16s can be blocked too. I never mentioned Typhoons and rafales for their price tags. and also concluded that J-31 in the end remains a potential future buy if china manages to build it entirely of Chinese based components.
the j11 is in ones eyes a likely candidate, but it isnt. well lets just get it over with. well you did say which fighter would suit paf doctrine. i just went through the options out there. read the thread which i linked on why such a deal for the f16 may go through. or if you cant be asked looking for the link, its below.
Will Pakistan Land a Deal With US for New F-16s?

i beleve pakistan is not interested in a twin engined 4th gen fighter, period. why? it does not need one. what it does need is a fighter that can counter upcomming platforms from the adversary. the t-50 and the amca.

motor sich is building a factory in china.

and i forgot another platform, the flyg-2020 from saab

They already have a huge advantage. Su-35 IF inducted will some what tilt the odds in Pakistan's favor.

how exactly?? if Pakistan arms them with RVV-AE the Astra will outmatch it.

super MKI is basically a Su-35. India just has too much knowledge on tFlankers.

Pakistan could only buy what a dozen or two compared to 200+ Indians own.

I have been interested about the JH-7A. I like it's size and range, but the fact China doesn't operate many of them makes me think the J-11 is the better aircraft

Su-35 is the best plane, but India operate the Su-30s they know it's weaknesses and you can argue they are the best flanker pilots in the world

flanker vs flanker India would have the advantage.
china has 240+ jh-7's and they are still in production.
Xian JH-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan could only buy what a dozen or two compared to 200+ Indians own.

I will accept 24 vs 200 compared to 0 vs 200 anyday

And this wont be the first time Pakistani and Indian militaries will operate the same equipment

BTW there is big IF in the acquisition of the Su 35

The PAF has been operating the Nanching Q5 which is also twin engine

in my opinion Pakistan need to focus on jf 17 and its sales. Pakistan need to build jf17 with pace and find couple of buyers. after third generation of jf17, I'm sure Pakistan will gain enough knowledge to build complete plane on their own and money from sales pakistan should start their own twin engine jet. why would pakistan buy an expensive twin engine jet when they are about to start or started already building 3rd generation of jf17. pakistan need to be patient and focus on their own next generation fighter.

Best bet would be to save $$ or invest in a 5th gen fighter or join Turks...

If twins are required urgently .... The latest Chinese J series (based on su-33s etc) would be a nice addition (plus PAF can tailor them to its needs).

2-4 Sqds of Js for maritime and deep strike role would be excellent !

in my opinion Pakistan need to focus on jf 17 and its sales. Pakistan need to build jf17 with pace and find couple of buyers. after third generation of jf17, I'm sure Pakistan will gain enough knowledge to build complete plane on their own and money from sales pakistan should start their own twin engine jet. why would pakistan buy an expensive twin engine jet when they are about to start or started already building 3rd generation of jf17. pakistan need to be patient and focus on their own next generation fighter.

JF belongs to single engine,light multi role category not heavy - long ranged one... Both have different roles.

P,S; JF has already found customers ... Block II has been inducted by PAF (meanwhile Blk Is are undergoing upgrades)... Around 75 are in service...

Everyone forgot JH7B ?

@MastanKhan
good job for bringing that up

tell us more why this jet and what for? its a vintage jet of bygone era not sure how long it will service with Pakistan which might be looking beyond 2020 usage.

remember the key phrase multi role fighter and there is Tornado jet as well . as some European countries might be retiring them so it can be also considered for the same argument.

Why is everyone just not counting the Typhoon. I mean Saudis have it..... and if you know what I mean.

Further no such sanction thing, no US congress to pass and no Indian orders of Typhoon.

And if Pakistan can manage 8 submarines from China. They can definitely manage enough dollars to get 3 squadrons of Typhoon.

and why are long legs required?

Hi,

Irfan---thanks for starting the thread-----.

Sarge---that is the most important question. Combat is all about geography---.
You need to take the war to the enemy's soft under belly---a place where it hurts the most---where you get most bang for the buck.

Anyway back to the discussion---Paf need two 4.5 gen different types of heavies apart form the 5th gen aircraft---.

The primary dual engine heavy needs to be something like the F111 class of aircraft---and as the F111 is not available---then the next best thing could be the JH7B.

There are no restrictions and sanctions on this aircraft---it can have the most suitable chinese or italian aesa with growler capabilities and BUDDY REFUELLING capabilities as well.

Paf needs to get out of slumber and needs to think out of the box----. It desperately needs a heavy strike aircraft---that can also double as a BVR truck----a Buddy Refueller--a Growler capability and that also at a very reasonable price---capable of launching the newest BVR and off bore sight missiles---cruise missile and all the other paraphernalia in the chinese arsenal.

JH7B is an underdog of an aircraft---but with the new fancy gadgets---it can do an excellent job for pakistan.

Super Hornet is the best....it knock down every single one leaves the ground

PAKISTAN/PORTUGAL - Pakistan interested in Portuguese F18 fighter jets for sale
Released on 2013-03-11 00:00 GMT

ets for sale

Pakistan interested in Portuguese F18 fighter jets for sale

Excerpt from report by Portuguese newspaper Publico website on 12 July

[Lusa report: "Pakistan Interested in Acquiring Country's F18 Fighter
Jets"]

Portugal is selling 10 F16 fighter jets and Pakistan's Air Force
"requested information" about these aircraft, says the Report on the
Implementation of the 2010 Military Planning Law.

Portugal made "contacts with several international entities that are
potentially interested," and Pakistan's Air Force "showed interest in
visiting" Portugal to assess the F16 fighter jets that are on sale,
according to the report to which Lusa had access.

The document also mentions that Pakistan "had requested information
about the structural configuration and the aircraft upgrades," and so
the Portuguese state sent "the information requested" and suggested
"possible dates for the visit to OGMA (Aeronautics Industry of
Portugal)."

As well as the 10 F16 fighter jets, Portugal is also aiming to sell
eight Puma helicopters and 10 C212 Aviocar planes, "which are about to
be or have already been withdrawn from service," according to the
report.

According to that same report, the rate of financial compliance with the
Military Planning Law (LPM) last year was 88.6 per cent, corresponding
to 288 million euros, according to the implementation report of 2010