What's new

What should be a soldier's "safe distance"?

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
In my reading I've discovered this new term, a soldier's "safe distance", previously unknown to me. It's how close a civilian may approach an armed soldier without him responding with force: bullet, knife, fists, arrest, whatever.

Does the Pakistani Army have such a thing? What does the PA consider a "safe distance", exactly?

for pakistan army:
in curfew you are shot at.
or when a soldier on duty ask you to stop and identify yourself. failing may result in death. mostly there are two soldiers one who check documents and other pointing gun on you for the case of any non obedience.

for pakistan army:
or when a soldier on duty ask you to stop and identify yourself. failing may result in death. mostly there are two soldiers one who check documents and other pointing gun on you for the case of any non obedience.
At what distance can a soldier demand a civilian to halt or be shot?

what rubbish. No Soldier shot at you if you approach him. Atleast i have never been shot at despite hundreds of times talking to soldiers on duty in Lahore Sahiwal Kashmir Rawalpindi.
Just approach like an educated civilian for legiti.ate reasons and they will give you utmost respect. Calling you Sir.
Never heard of a military curfew in these areas.
Make sure to show them your ID card when they ask you. I always keep it in my hand when engaging boys on duty into a discussion.
And no experience of Baluchistan and FATA. May be therr are such precautions there.

At what distance can a soldier demand a civilian to halt or be shot?
None. He may shoot or he may not, depending on the rules of engagement. Being a soldier gives you no special authority over civilians. When soldiers operate in aid of civil power, they operate with police and under the police's direction. When fucntioning in an operational area, they function under ROE's. Those may vary "shoot anything that moves" or "shoot when you have high confidence there is a threat".

In my reading I've discovered this new term, a soldier's "safe distance", previously unknown to me. It's how close a civilian may approach an armed soldier without him responding with force: bullet, knife, fists, arrest, whatever.

Does the Pakistani Army have such a thing? What does the PA consider a "safe distance", exactly?
It is governed by LOAC generally but the threat level has a lot do with how soon a soldier can escalate the situation.
If a curfew is imposed by the Army in a volatile area ie NWA etc, the Army has orders to shoot anyone in violation of the curfew, alot of it is common sense to be honest.
Any vehicle trying to violate a road block is probably going to be shot at especially if it is in a sensitive location.
The soldier can generally retaliate proportionally if there is a justifiable reason for doing so.

probably the same as for police officers, 21 feet.

Maybe someone ex can reply. In our case, we were fully trained on different scenarios - but it ultimately comes down to situations themselves.

There are no curfews in Pakistan and I don't recall Pak Army shooting a single civilian in a any curfew as long as I can remember. Would appreciate if you can provide links of such incidents (except for that ranger guy shooting that thief)

for pakistan army:

@mods please check his IP, is it from Pakistan or that shithole

for pakistan army:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom