What's new

What is the scope of Defense and Strategic studies/Strategic and Nuclear studies in Pakistan?

Even thou the topic is really old and the OP may not even be active on the site anymore. Its a degree just like others are and can get you everywhere. Recently NAB specifically demanded Strategic Studies degree holders for the post of Assistant Directors, similarly IB FIA, ISI you name it, you will be eligible for all. BTW the scope of Strategic Studies goes well beyond military and yes people can join military organizations as analysts experts and assistant directors as well. My friend recently joined PAF as an Assistant Director after completing her M.Phil in SNS.

Asalamualaikum,

I hope I am not posting this topic in the wrong thread.
I would like to do MS in strategic and defense studies either from NDU, QAU or abroad. So, I would like to know what is the scope of these programs in Pakistan for CIVILIANS?

Kindly put some light on this topic.

And if someone already has posted related topic kindly post the link below.

Thanks.
Hey,

Just follow your heart and don't worry too much about scope. Remember that there is always place for competent people in every field even during recessions...because I got handed my best job during the peak of recession.

I dont know the scope of strategic studies for civilians in Pakistan but better not study strategy from third world (or second world) institutes because strategy is essentially problem solving and if 3rd world was that good at it they wouldnt be so backward in the first place.
What are you talking about...

Pakistan has one of the best institutions in the world when it comes to defense and military-related.

One doesn't need to have a degree in defence studies to be a defence analyst in Pakistan.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All you need to do is to become a conservative, misogynist, right-wing buffoon; yelling jingoistic bullshit and labelling others as traitors left, right and centre; and last but not the least, some good old boot polish of the military. :lol::lol::lol:

Pakistan has one of the best institutions in the world when it comes to defense and military-related.

True Indeed. A shining example is Zaid Hamid who is a distinguished alumnus from these great institutions. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The obvious answer is the military. In my experience, most of those who get a degree in strategic studies are either current, former or future members of their nations armed forces.

Apart from the military, then you could easily (depending on your work experience and your grades) slip into working for the government, usually in a national security role.

Depending on what level you achieved your degree, you could probably work for a think tank or NGO, but you might need an advanced degree for that and excellent grades.

Then of course there is always academia, but you probably would have to get both a PhD and significant military experience.

Other alternative is a writer, foreign office, journalist, media anchor etc etc.

Agreed !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom