What's new

What is the biggest problem facing China according to you people?

What I said is economic needs hard work, and I never linked lazy to india. It is you that posted it here, not me. Good job, boy!

Vietnam is completely irrelevant to this thread. You make me confused again that why you always bring unnecessary point here?

BTW, a Vietnam visit sounds like a good idea. It's such a small but lovely country, also close to China. Definitely deserves a visit. Why not?

How about your China visit? I've been in India twice and visited chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. The 1st visit in 2011, 2nd visit in jan this year. Therefore I got the chance to see, feel, and touch India on my own. And I know how the China-2005 alike India looks like. So, before you make any comments on China, why don't you look it with your own eyes?

I travel around the world and I know how 'developed' countries are and will definitely be visting China. You miss the point. Having the big GDP in size is the most difficult thing. Sorting out inequality and infrastructure is much easier when you have it. India's infra vs Chinese infra and income distribution (which you refer to as 'standard if living') is essentially a policy issue and not a question of ability. As India liberalizes and deregulates the visible issues of these will get sorted. Check out the national highways- the match the best that China can give. Check out the new development in Gurgaon and South Mumbai. These are the places where the new 'policies' are driving higher standard of life.

Check out the national highways- the match the best that China can give. Check out the new development in Gurgaon and South Mumbai.
Thanks for mentioning these cases to me. I experienced the highways from the Delhi airport to gurgaon; the indian branch of my office is located in south Mumbai, or be more specifically to you, located at the nariman point. I fortunately get the chances to see, feel and touch all the three "best of India" cases you mentioned. But that is exactly the reason why I don't believe the view that India is just 10years away from China. In my India visit, I took lots of pictures and posted them to my friends via Wechat. Most of the comments from my friends or colleagues are about "thanks to CCP", or "thanks to the one party system of China". You may call it brainwashed or propaganda, fine, I have already be used to such comments from people outside China. But at least you could get a chance to leant how the "high education class" of China thinks.

Welcome to your China visit. I could treat you a beer if you pass by Shanghai.

Thanks for mentioning these cases to me. I experienced the highways from the Delhi airport to gurgaon; the indian branch of my office is located in south Mumbai, or be more specifically to you, located at the nariman point. I fortunately get the chances to see, feel and touch all the three "best of India" cases you mentioned. But that is exactly the reason why I don't believe the view that India is just 10years away from China. In my India visit, I took lots of pictures and posted them to my friends via Wechat. Most of the comments from my friends or colleagues are about "thanks to CCP", or "thanks to the one party system of China". You may call it brainwashed or propaganda, fine, I have already be used to such comments from people outside China. But at least you could get a chance to leant how the "high education class" of China thinks.

India WILL have a economy the size of China's current economy in about 12 years ceterus paribus. India HAS an economy today the size of what China had 10 years ago. That is a FACT. The question of whether the policies India takes around Infrastructure that will lead to a high quality infra is a question that needs to be answred. This is a 'technical' question. In reality when the communists were defeated 8 years ago the opposition to private sector participation in infra virtually vanished. It was they who were opposing this. And since then the Pvt Sector has been given a freer hand. It's not a question of 'If', it is a question of 'when'.

LEMME know when you visit Bangalore and I'll take you to a pub :cheers:

LEMME know when you visit Bangalore and I'll take you to a pub
Many thanks to your invitation! Looking forward to that!

India WILL have a economy the size of China's current economy in about 12 years
Economic development is science, is hard work, is not something as easy as "India WILL" propaganda. I mentioned this previously, which leads you to challenge me that I link India with lazy, although I didn't have such intention at all. But, but just look at your statement! You are even too lazy to perform a basic calculation before you post it!

India's current GDP size is about 20% of China; to achieve the size of China today in 12 years means you need to grow at 14.5% CAGR at least! 14.5% GDP growth CAGR for TWELVE years?? Are you joking? Could you pls at least show some basic common sense before you make the post here?

The first time I saw it,I think it was
“treat you beef”> <

India WILL have a economy the size of China's current economy in about 12 years ceterus paribus. India HAS an economy today the size of what China had 10 years ago. That is a FACT. The question of whether the policies India takes around Infrastructure that will lead to a high quality infra is a question that needs to be answred. This is a 'technical' question. In reality when the communists were defeated 8 years ago the opposition to private sector participation in infra virtually vanished. It was they who were opposing this. And since then the Pvt Sector has been given a freer hand. It's not a question of 'If', it is a question of 'when'.

LEMME know when you visit Bangalore and I'll take you to a pub :cheers:
I use my calculator and 2.5*1.08^12=6.29...
Are there any great scenery in Bangalore?

2.5*1.13^12=10.836

“treat you beef”> <

2.5*1.13^12=10.836
thanks dude for the quick calculation. Just a small correction, India's GDP 2014 was 2.06 trillion USD (the World Bank data, based upon current USD)

thanks dude for the quick calculation. Just a small correction, India's GDP 2014 was 2.06 trillion USD (the World Bank data, based upon current USD)
差不多啦;-)
IF SO,2.06*1.08^13=5.60.

o...so after several years,India will be half of our economy(2015).And where we go?:D

Economic development is science, is hard work, is not something as easy as "India WILL" propaganda. I mentioned this previously, which leads you to challenge me that I link India with lazy, although I didn't have such intention at all. But, but just look at your statement! You are even too lazy to perform a basic calculation before you post it!

India's current GDP size is about 20% of China; to achieve the size of China today in 12 years means you need to grow at 14.5% CAGR at least! 14.5% GDP growth CAGR for TWELVE years?? Are you joking? Could you pls at least show some basic common sense before you make the post here?

From 2007 to 2014, China doubled its economic size. How? Because the growth rates pointed are real growth rates, not nominal.

Nominal growth rates would include inflation, and currency movements.

“treat you beef”> <

2.5*1.13^12=10.836

You have used real growth rates, not nominal.

It beats me why so many Indians here think they are where China was 15 years back, or they will be where China is today 15 years later. Even all social indicators display otherwise. Amazing, talk about the power of brainwashing!

People here need to read this 18 year old article, to see how some scholars predicted China and India in 1997.

How China Beat India in Race for Success------A 1997 Article That Predicted Today

Last edited:
From 2007 to 2014, China doubled its economic size. How? Because the growth rates pointed are real growth rates, not nominal.

Nominal growth rates would include inflation, and currency movements.

You have used real growth rates, not nominal.

Given the inflation, nominal growth is usually higher than real growth. A 14.5% real GDP growth, if we convert it to nominal term, will be very likely 18%, or 20%. To keep economic growth in such high growth rate for a consecutive 12years, that is joking.

Just give you a real world example. In the past 20 years, there were only 8 years that China could get a higher than 10% GDP growth (real term):
- The highest is 14.2% growth in 2007,
- No.2 highest is 12.7% in 2006,
- No.3 highest is 11.3% in 2005

A 15% real term growth for 12 years long is IMPOSSIBLE.

Last edited:

That's why you should pay attention to arithmetic classes in school. Tell me Einstein- you know that in 2005 your economy had a GDP of 2.25 Trillion (slightly below India's GDP today). Now tell me did you have to grow at a 14.5% CAGR to reach where you are today? Revisit your calculations. Your growth rate has not touched 14% for even one year if I'm not wrong.

“treat you beef”> <

2.5*1.13^12=10.836

We can afford grow slower. I think realistically a doubling of the GDP every 8 odd years with a few % GDP traded off is just fine. There are 'structural' issues that need to be addressed- infrastrcutre and transport (railways etc.) to be given bigger private sector role. Labor laws need to be modified without large scale Industrial unrest. What is most important is that at the end of the process India should have a stable and well managed economy.

Bangalore can be fun. But if you want to come down to India you should probably check out some of the more exotic places like Ladak

That's why you should pay attention to arithmetic classes in school. Tell me Einstein- you know that in 2005 your economy had a GDP of 2.25 Trillion (slightly below India's GDP today). Now tell me did you have to grow at a 14.5% CAGR to reach where you are today? Revisit your calculations. Your growth rate has not touched 14% for even one year if I'm not wrong.

We can afford grow slower. I think realistically a doubling of the GDP every 8 odd years with a few % GDP traded off is just fine. There are 'structural' issues that need to be addressed- infrastrcutre and transport (railways etc.) to be given bigger private sector role. Labor laws need to be modified without large scale Industrial unrest. What is most important is that at the end of the process India should have a stable and well managed economy.

Bangalore can be fun. But if you want to come down to India you should probably check out some of the more exotic places like Ladak

Our currency is far strong than you because we have a low inflation and a strong export.There isn't any similarity between China and india except population and a long history.

2007 14.16%
some data 数据简报:1980-2014年中国各年度GDP及增长率一览(组图)_网易新闻中心
Mr.Nair has posted a lot of India scenery,I will read it before visit. ^_^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom