What's new

What is the best eReader in your experience?

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i have been using Kindle DX since the year it came and I loved it as I have to travel a lot so it freed me from carrying not all but most of the books and documents (pdf i.e. portable document format and not Pakistan Defence Forum okay) .. However in a strange move Amazon dropped support for Kindle DX which was the most expensive and the largest eReader from Amazon actually the only eInk eReader in full A4 page form factor but now a few months ago it started to lag and get slower and slower and then all of the sudden its screen went blank and I shut it down and then restarted.... and it switched on with darkened text and blurred beyond recognition and thus rendered useless..No support is available from Amazon as they stopped making it a few years ago. I ordered Kindle Voyage, it is very good but it is small at 6" so it does not fulfil my needs and old habit so I returned it after 2 days of use. Soon the travelling season will start for me so I will need a good eReader to accompany me on long travels. There is one Kobo Aura One which is around 300 USD and at 7,8" it is quite good size but the problem is that I have mostly purchased books from Amazon in the kindle format... so any of you had this problem and is it possible to transfer the kindle books to Kobo or any other eReader. I have iPad and MacBook but I don't like to read from their screens for hours.

Any suggestions based on your experience or info.

@Khafee @SherDil007 @Doordie @Morse_Code @Emmie @Oscar @MastanKhan @Sarge and all others

Last edited:
Have you tried "Graphite" ??
I have not much info about eReaders but my younger brother is the user of kindle dx graphite so i once tried it.

We desis only use PDF files freely available on web and mostly on scribd. :p:
Ooh bhai-... It is the same Kindle DX graphite is just the color, you can buy a white or graphite but Amazon has stopped making them and dropped the support for them. Kindle Dx was 9.7" while the new ones are tiny 6" and since I prefer slightly larger font, so I have to keep turning pages all the time since very little text fits the screen.
What is scribed?

Apple was the first manufacturer to give back door access to barae bhaiya.

A simple Android based tab with SD card access, should suffice. Stop paying for hyped up brand names that mean jack.
Sir this Kobo has an microSD card slot with up to 32 Gb and it is still eInk eReader :) plus Kobo has a lot of free books available on its website while Amazon is really expensive and now they are exploiting us by charging exorbitant amount of money for Kindle format of Books while the hard bound or printed books are far cheaper.

Sir this Kobo has an microSD card slot with up to 32 Gb and it is still eInk eReader :) plus Kobo has a lot of free books available on its website while Amazon is really expensive and now they are exploiting us by charging exorbitant amount of money for Kindle format of Books while the hard bound or printed books are far cheaper.

Why do you need a dedicated reader, a multi function Android Tab - won't that be better?

Why do you need a dedicated reader, a multi function Android Tab - won't that be better?
I read a 3 - 4 hrs daily on average and it stresses my eyes...so I eInk eReaders are very friendly to eyes as compared to the LCDs but I have heard that Lenovo has unveiled world's first OLED display.

9.7 128GB iPad pro, I used to read PDF books stored in "iBooks". I had good experience and never feel difficulty by lowering the Rez. Moreover, There is "GoodReader" Apps too for ease of Reading in case, one does not like "iBooks" .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom