What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have actually spent time in delhi, to be frank parts of it are like a toilet, Islamabad is comparison is beautiful, clean, and wonderfully organised with all amenities - it's no contest.

I have actually spent time in delhi, to be frank parts of it are like a toilet, Islamabad is comparison is beautiful, clean, and wonderfully organised with all amenities - it's no contest.

Islamabad do not have even a population of 1 million,and u r comparing it with a city of 13 million,yes it is a no contest,just like I said not only in terms of population,but also in terms of business,tourism,educational institution's,no of expatriates everything u know,Delhi and Islamabad are just like sky and land,the difference is huge.

Delhi is probably a great city in terms of Indian standards. But Isloo is a developed city no comparison there.

Delhi:
delhi_slum.jpg

delhi1.jpg

old-delhi.jpg

OldDelhi.jpg

Islamabad:
5416508594_2c7e291a12_b.jpg

Islamabad_Faizabad_Interchange.jpg

20100916_20.jpg

Delhi tops Islamabad in terms of slums, dirtiness, poverty, prostitution and crime.

i like Islamabad .its a beautifully planned city...i dont know about delhi.. i never been their..

Delhi is probably a great city in terms of Indian standards. But Isloo is a developed city no comparison there.

Delhi:
world_trip_2006.1165581720.dsc01962.jpg

Islamabad:
5416508594_2c7e291a12_b.jpg

Delhi tops Islamabad in terms of slums, dirtiness, poverty and crime.

Posting a slum of Delhi and a panoramic view of Islamabad tells how unbiased your notion is.

Anyway,from articles or blogposts i"ve read about tourists visiting SA,most of them have said Islamabad is best city.

Those aren't slums but camps for Afghan refugees to stay. Unfortunately those refs still haven't been deported yet.

I saw a video about Christian slums in Islamabad. But my point is, if you really want to judge a city make it more comprehensive rather than just posting the worst parts of Dehli and the best parts of Islamabad.

well the answer is simple

take New Delhi out from the entire delhi and see what is left there in New Delhi

all those claims have been laid so far are actually part of Delhi

not New Delhi... New Delhi is far smaller in size than Islamabad and has a very low population and not many institutes to mention in my opinion

HAHAHA indians comparing their dirty delhi to beautiful clean green Islamabad.

Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said that if there was a Nobel prize for dirt India would win it. He also said that Indian cities had the dubious distinction of being classified as some of the dirtiest cities in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
In todays world the environment is playing an increasing part of what makes a city great. In a city of almost 2 million people - there is no garbage - the roads are cleaned, that is what makes Isloo the better capital.

i cant understand y all people r sending slum pictures. in my opinion every city have rich and poor man. there is no city on this only with rich people. every city has slum it self. all people r not billionares. its common every city have certain are clean. certian areas r dirty whether it is islamabad. or newdelhi or beijng.

Hyderabad, Delhi among world's best airports

India's airports are making a mark on the international aviation map. Two airports from India have bagged the top honours from the Airport Council International.

While the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) in Hyderabad has been ranked as the world's best airport (in the 5 to 15 million passengers category), Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) was conferred the fourth best airport award in the world (in the 15-25 million category) and 'Best Improved Airport' in the Asia Pacific Region in recognition of its substantial improvement in passenger amenities.

The Airports Council International (ACI) is an autonomous and independent body that rates the airports on 34 parameters which included services of key regulatory agencies at the airport like customs, immigration, security, ground handling, ambience of the airport, cleanliness of the terminals, passenger satisfaction etc.

The awards were presented in China by the Airport Council International, which has 575 members operating over 1,633 airports in 179 countries.

Hyderabad, Delhi among world's best airports - Rediff.com Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom