What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you talking illogically?

have you changed your capital to Bangalore? if yes then lets have a discussion on this topic

It's typical diversion method being deployed. I have seen this way too often from some Indians.

But then if you want to choose the best capital city,you ll have to compare.

Islamabad scores above Delhi in livability, better infrastructure , proper management , crime rates etc. And these are the factors which has to be looked upon while choosing a better one.

Delhi is too crowded , its better than Islamabad in a few pockets but as a whole Islamabad score above Delhi..

Its due to the factor that its an old city, while Islamabad is a totaly new concept city, built from scratch and hence properly managed and much better.

why are you talking illogically?

have you changed your capital to Bangalore? if yes then lets have a discussion on this topic

Ok, so you're talking about another city (not the cities being discussed).

If you guys roll back,SMC asked 'how is IIM in top 25'.... i just replied.It's not my mistake that you guys didn't know that IIM is not in Delhi.

Institutes is what creates respect.Ok leave institutes.
Compare medical facilities,infrastructure,transport system etc.Now don't see these things also don't matter.
You ll come to know by yourself.

Yes, and this has already been discussed.

Islamabad scores above Delhi in livability, better infrastructure , proper management , crime rates etc. And these are the factors which has to be looked upon while choosing a better one.

Delhi is too crowded , its better than Islamabad in a few pockets but as a whole Islamabad score above Delhi..

Its due to the factor that its an old city, while Islamabad is a totaly new concept city, built from scratch and hence properly managed and much better.

Your opinion,respected.
But just a question,have you been to islamabad?

If you guys roll back,SMC asked 'how is IIM in top 25'.... i just replied.It's not my mistake that you guys didn't know that IIM is not in Delhi.

I didn't ask to start off. You made the claim, so I was asking about it. I am not suppose to know IIM is not in Delhi, I am assuming it was since you brought it up.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the capital of India New Delhi and not Delhi?

Your opinion,respected.
i didn't say so - and if somebody asked you this question speak to him - no need to quote my post

whatever i have seen so far - you are diverting from topic again n again

learn something from Spark - he is the best here

Bye

i didn't say so - and if somebody asked you this question speak to him - no need to quote my post

whatever i have seen so far - you are diverting from topic again n again

learn something from Spark - he is the best here

Bye

Arrey mainey toh spark se question pucha tha,aapko kya hua?

Your opinion,respected.

I dont need to... if u ask me which one has got a better ride F-22 or the plane wright brothers made, i will say F-22 even though i havent rode or piloted any one of these two. I guess you got the point by now..

Your opinion,respected.
we do have some peoples in this forum who has been to both Islamabad and Delhi :P

but thats not a criteria to decide i think

How are you comparing the better city? is it living standards, money or anything else?

For life standard i think which place is better than the mountains covered with a lot of greenery, awesome roads, shopping malls and stuff?

Delhi is best... when it comes to money - nothing comes closer to Delhi... but to earn money - no life

In Delhi you are stucked in traffic for hours... in Islamabad you find empty roads except major highways

we do have some peoples in this forum who has been to both Islamabad and Delhi :P

but thats not a criteria to decide i think

How are you comparing the better city? is it living standards, money or anything else?

For life standard i think which place is better than the mountains covered with a lot of greenery, awesome roads, shopping malls and stuff?

Delhi is best... when it comes to money - nothing comes closer to Delhi... but to earn money - no life

In Delhi you are stucked in traffic for hours... in Islamabad you find empty roads except major highways
onething to learn is never make historic cities as capital. Its better to make new capital instead of cleaning up a dustbin to present it as capital.

2010 Quality of Life Index: India Ranked 88th
New Delhi, Jan 10: India has become the 88th best country in the world to live, a survey has said.

According to the 2010 Quality of Life Index, the rise has made India the second best place after Bhutan to live in the sub-continent.

France topped the poll, followed by Australia, Switzerland, and Germany. The US lost four positions to end at seventh.

Earlier, India was ranked as 123rd country in the world to live in 2009.

The index ranks 194 nations in nine categories which includes cost of living, culture and leisure, economy, environment, freedom, health, infrastructure, safety and risk, and climate.

India has not only improved its overall position in the tally, but has also gained around 25 points in the cost of living category.

FYI - China, Russia are lagging behind India in this Index.

India's QLI Final Score - 58 (88th)
China's QLI Final Score - 56 (97th)
Russia's QLI Final Score - 54 (111th)
Pakistan's QLI Final Score - 43 (178th)

to believe saw this site

http://www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2010/

Delhi, Bangalore Up On Mercer's 2010 Quality Of Living Worldwide City Rankings

India

Commenting on the rankings of Indian cities, Gangapriya Chakraverti, India business leader, Mercer Information Product Solutions said, “This year, unlike the last, we have seen an upswing in the ranking of Indian cities largely on account of the relatively stable political environment and the easing of foreign trade. Having taken into account environmental factors which impact quality of living for the first time, we have tried to provide even more tangible values to perceptions of what constitutes quality of living, in addition to the more obvious attributes such as health and safety. We foresee 'eco rankings' focusing on attributes such as traffic congestion, water availability, air pollution and waste management, getting a lot more attention in the times to come."

"Indian cities have improved their rankings this year compared to last. The only city to have fallen in ranking is Chennai although it may be on account of new cities being included in the overall study and not a direct reflection of the quality of living attributes in Chennai. The rankings indicate that Bengaluru and New Delhi continue to be perceived as the best amongst Indian cities with Mumbai coming in a close third.", added Rupam Mishra, who leads the global mobility practice within Information Product Solutions business at Mercer India.

Delhi, Bangalore Up On Mercer's 2010 Quality Of Living Worldwide City Rankings | SHRM India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom