What's new

What is the best 4G network for a tourist in Pakistan?

Guys I will be visiting Pakistan soon with some foreigners who have been keenly interested in this best kept secret of the world and asking me to arrange a trip to Pakistan with them.

Thus, we plan to travel far and wide and explore this beautiful country including Karachi, south of Punjab (Multan), Lahore, Islamabad and mainly the northern areas within a month ...so we will be on constant move.

One of the major concern is to remain in contact with friends and families using the internet and thus we need to know which service is the best?
All I know is that these are the major networks in Pakistan
  • Utelephone
  • Telenor
  • Mobile link
  • Instatelephone
  • Uphone
  • Voda
  • AT&T
So can you please guide me which of these service providers is the best in terms of coverage, data rate (4G/3G), reliability, signal strengh and also cost.
I will request Pakistani friends and those overseas Pakistanis who have recently visited Pakistan.

@Arsalan @Starlord@PakSword @PaklovesTurkiye

UFone gives you better coverage in the south, rural Sindh and Punjab as well. For northern areas you must buy telenor/Zong as no other network will give you similar coverage in northern Pakistan.

Over all people may suggest you Mobilink or Warid but i believe that you requirement is coverage all across Pakistan and not call packages or the user base. I will strongly recommend Zong/Telenor for norther areas at least, Zong will give better internet as well.

Can't say from tourism perspective but I use Zong and I find it satisfactory. It has good coverage.

UFone gives you better coverage in the south, rural Sindh and Punjab as well. For northern areas you must buy telenor/Zong as no other network will give you similar coverage in northern Pakistan.

Over all people may suggest you Mobilink or Warid but i believe that you requirement is coverage all across Pakistan and not call packages or the user base. I will strongly recommend Zong/Telenor for norther areas at least, Zong will give better internet as well.
Thank you!!!
Exactly, our aim will be to remain in contact with families and friends with a minimum of good audio calls and texts messages and email while a sporadic video calling would be a good option. Watching videos and stuff is not a priority though being able to access social media like facebook and twitter may be important for some of the selfie queens in our group :partay:

Could be, but i was talking more about northern areas where Zong is widely used. In some areas it is the only available network too.

You can't just buy a sim and expect it to work, it has to be registered.
Actually we want even to go to Skardu..and I'm wondering what options are available...I remember there used to be flights from Islamabad but then there was an accident...so are those working and what's frequency like per day or per week etc... 75% of the time we want to spend in the north i.e. GB + KPK...

So the consensus seems to be on Zong ... I checked their website and find out good package for internet data

So the consensus seems to be on Zong ... I checked their website and find out good package for internet data
Go with it. :)

When do you plan to visit by the way? Which month?

Go with it. :)

When do you plan to visit by the way? Which month?

I want to visiti this month but I guess it will be delayed due to some reasons till Late August or Sept.

Last edited:
I want to visiti this month but I guess it will be delayed due to some reasons till Late August or Sept.
Do not visit this month. It is hot as hell, the humidity is VERY high and you wont be able to make a nice impression on your friends (being a Pakistani, that is what i will want).

End September or mid September will be better as by that time hopefully the roads in Norther areas will be fine to travel on as well.

DO let me know if you need any help or anything. I hope that the below thread will be helpful as well.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-tour-information-desk.437557/

Do not visit this month. It is hot as hell, the humidity is VERY high and you wont be able to make a nice impression on your friends (being a Pakistani, that is what i will want).

End September or mid September will be better as by that time hopefully the roads in Norther areas will be fine to travel on as well.

DO let me know if you need any help or anything. I hope that the below thread will be helpful as well.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-tour-information-desk.437557/

Exactly what i was thinking, plus this is peak season tourist season in Northern Pakistan and almost if not all hotels would be completely booked and all the nice spots will be overcrowded. It would be better to visit by mid to end of September after Eid ul Adha holidays.

Exactly what i was thinking, plus this is peak season tourist season in Northern Pakistan and almost if not all hotels would be completely booked and all the nice spots will be overcrowded. It would be better to visit by mid to end of September after Eid ul Adha holidays.
True. With summer vacations on many people will be traveling to that area plus because of early rains this season, landslides are expected in July August period as well. Better to plan after August.

Back
Top Bottom